The Fight, cont.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Missachu

We prepared for battle by unsheathing our weapons and standing at attention. My men patiently waited for my instruction as a battle cry jumped out of my throat and my feet followed. The image of Jesus and Gideon flashed in my mind after. We were ready to fight.
Dashing into battle, six pairs of crimson eyes shot light out of the thick blackness to meet us. I used my sword to slice the darkness and laminate the battlefield. Samael jumped on top of the box-shaped head of the monster and raised his sword over his head to inflict a deep gash. One as deep as his sword was long. The demon screeched like a twisted woman and a pair of arms grabbed a hold of his cape and tossed our squadron’s angel into the steel wall on the other side of the room like a sack of pathetic.
George was the next one to strike the creature, cutting off the three arms cleanly off the side after a masterful display of ballet-like swordsmanship. He looked so graceful dancing with his sword, Eloise.
Oh man, everyone is going to tease him over that. George wasn’t known for being graceful. The jolly man was a sturdy pillar, nothing could knock him down but what he lacked in flexibility he made up in strength, patience and a relentlessly positive attitude. It more than made up for his absent dancing skills. Meanwhile everyone else took position around the demon and let the arrows fly. There were explosions bursting all over it’s pinpoints and the creature dropped on its knees, amputated, crippled and bleeding black demon blood.
----
Demon Hunters are trained in the art of slaying evil. We purge the world of darkness. Our job is to destroy and dismantle; the rush is just a bonus.
When demons ask to speak before death, we don’t give it to them. Bartering with their lies is trouble. All that can be promised at the end of these lies is your destruction. So when my leader allowed a demon to speak for the first time, I found it wrong beyond words. There the thing lay in a puddle of its own blood, my comrades’ blades would make quick work of its existence easily and quickly, but she hesitated.
It was an onimask demon from Japan, commonly found in space stations. The red face twisted into that strange expression with six red glowing eyes cut into slits of descending sizes and yellowing tusks grew out of the demons mouth in curls; as big as a man’s fist. Its body and head were the same mass and it’s ‘body’ was shaped into a cube with three arms of descending lengths growing vertically out of the sides. The legs were the legs of an old man’s but longer and thinner. Black coarse hair cascaded off the edges of the box and stopped right before the level of its knees. On its head it wore a round red cap with bull horns and gold on the rim of the hat and the tips of the horns. Red tassels hung from the bull horns like a woman’s earrings, the demon seemed proud of them as if they were beautiful and successfully distracted our eyes from its ugliness. Only on normal humans did it work, as it was a charm to attract the greed in people. It wore no clothing to speak of and the exposed flesh was meant to distract us when fighting, with its shameless ugliness. When it spoke it wheezed. It made it hard to listen and understand clearly. My captain made a face like she wanted to cover her ears. Morgan did even as she was rushing to Samael’s side, George growled at the annoying noise. My brain was getting fuzzy.
“Please!”, it screamed at the top of it’s lungs, ”Please! I have a message from my Lord Satan! I am his prince! You must listen to my power, you traitorous humans! Your vile souls are not saved! You fight for a vain ending. We will strip the skin from your bodies for snacks. Your damnation is close and you’re all going into the pit along with us!”the triumphat laugh was something that chilled our bones and shook the steel bars holding up the station. In deep space I could feel the chill in a gust of wind. It mocked us, cursed us and laughed at us, even in the expanding puddle of its own blood, it laughed. It was hurting my ears.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- [Switching between first and third person is a good thing to think about when editing this book]
Before anyone could even react, Sidroy had drawn his sword, running towards him and stuck it in between it’s forehead with a battle cry and leaned into his sword to drive it through down to the pommel. The tip of his sword even cut the steel bottom and the demon leaned back against its will, staked to the ground.
“You will die like dogs! There is no God! Your souls will not be saved!” We all knew that those were lies, but it still struck us hard in the heart.
The demon had one last trick up its sleeve. With a deep guttural bellow it vomited all over Sidroy. It drenched the poor youth with sticky, green acid that tacked him to the ground. Our leader stepped away just in time to avoid the same fate and got on her knees and whispered in his ear. It was inaudible and I ran in to cut the slime that was binding him.
“NO!”she yelled at me and gave me a glare that meant that I had to listen. I cut him loose anyway with a quick slice of my sword. My sword was covered in acid but Sidroy got free.