The foolish unloving doctrine that all will be saved\believe in Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

There is a foolish and unloving doctrine that twists scripture.
It's a cloaked version of universalism.
This foolish unloving doctrine teaches that all will actually be saved and believe in Jesus, regardless of their choices made before their body physically dies.

This cloaked universalism, which is founded on lack of true love, and upon true foolishness, uses two scriptures for support.

Romans 10:9
[SUP]9 [/SUP]that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Philippians 2:9-11
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, [SUP]10 [/SUP]that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, [SUP]11 [/SUP]and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The reasoning goes like this.

Everyone will confess Jesus Christ is Lord.
Since people are saved by confessing him as lord, it follows that all will be saved, because all will ultimately confess.

The foolish, unloving, veiled universalism leads people astray, and can lead people into not being born again.

Too often in the name of love, unity, tolerance, acceptance, we allow deceptions to creep in. This deception is worse because it has the appearance of maintaining the exclusivity of Jesus. But in reality it's exclusively wrong, and only includes those who are bent on living in the dark.

Sep 4, 2012
What I told someone who pulled this on me is that the word translated confess in Philippians 2:11 actually means acknowledge, and that those bending the knee to acknowledge Jesus is lord will be no different than when an ancient king had his conquered enemies brought before his throne to acknowledge his supremacy and plead for their lives before he had them killed.

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [them] before me. Luke 19:27