The Gift of The Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jack_Jr_1940

I recently discovered (or perhaps rediscovered) the precious scripture in the second chapter of Acts regarding the gift of the Holy Spirit. I was deeply moved by how simple it is to receive the gift of the Spirit and how all inclusive the gift is.

We read in:

Acts 2: 38-39 (NIV)

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ

for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

The promise is for you

and your children

and for all who are far off

for all whom the Lord our God will call,"

Such powerful words to describe The Gift of The Holy Spirit

The gift of the Spirit was first given to Christ by God the father. We read in the third chapter of Luke that as Jesus was being baptized "the Holy Spirit decended upon him in bodily form like a dove". In the fourth chapter of Luke we learn that Jesus was filled with the power of the Holy Spirit and was able to resist all of the temptations offered by Satan to him when he was in the wilderness. And he returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit. The gift and the power of the Spirit was used by Jesus from the moment he started his ministry until he died on the cross and became one with the Trinity again.

In Acts Jesus gave the gift of the Spirit to aid and comfort his deciples at a very difficult time. He would no longer be with them to comfort and guide them. They also had the very real threat that their faith could cost them their lives. The gift of the spirit empowered them to work many miracles, spread the Christian faith to the nations, and establish the early Christian church.

When we repent and are baptized, we recieve the gift and the power of the Spirit. The same Spirit was given to Jesus when he was baptized. We receive the same gift that empowered him during his ministry. The gift is also the same gift that he gave to his deciples following his death. We received the same gift that empowered them to do many miracles and start the early church.

The gift and the power and comfort that comes from the Spirit is a powerful tool for us to use on our journey of Christian faith. We can receive comfort and power from the Spirit in the same way as Christ and his deciples did on their journey of life and faith.

Enjoy my YouTube video "Holy Spirit Take Control"

rerun HOLY SPIRIT TAKE CONTROL - YouTube

May the spirit guide, comfort, and empower you on your journey of faith!

Blessed by the Spirit

Jack R East Jr

S

SPUZIT

Need more encouraging posts like this, I'm. Loving it.....

G

GreenNnice

can i bump this, my judgment good enough or don't i know Jack ;)