The Good Old Days

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2012
The other day I started thinking about life and our perception of it. As I thought back to my younger days, I remembered the good times and freedom, and how easy everything was. I also thought about while I was going through those days, I didn’t think they were easy, or free. I thought how nice it would be to relive some of those times and how I might have made a few changes that would have improved my current state. That’s when it occurred to me, twenty years from now I’m going to look back on these times as the “good old days”.

After the struggles of parenthood, when I’m gearing up for retirement and the days seem long and empty, am I going to miss the chaos of travel sports? What things will I think I should have done? What should I have made time for? When I think of all of the times I should have left the dishes, and played a game instead, I question with what am I wasting my time on that could be better invested for future dividends?

Maybe I’m writing this to all of those who are in their twenties now and would give their left arm for ten minutes of peace. Maybe I’m writing it to myself and others who are egocentric and think just because their children are in high school, they can start to focus more on themselves. Either way, the message is that once time has passed, there are no do overs. Let’s not keep making the same mistake of hoping for tomorrow. We are in tomorrow’s good old days and for many things, I long for yesterday.