The Good Samaritan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43e3XANNa8&feature[/video]

Last edited:
R

Ramon

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToCrMDuyY34&feature[/video]

R

Ramon

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct8r26xHVWI&feature[/video]

R

Ramon

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Luk 10:29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

Luk 10:30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

Luk 10:31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

Luk 10:32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

Luk 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
Luk 10:34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
Luk 10:35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Luk 10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
Luk 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

M

MrsSunflower

I love this story, and watching this touched me into tears. At the same time as I can recognice some of the same attitude I can be having with certain people sometimes, 'cause of their bad rumors. Still, I am learning and working on getting better with my mind and heart in Christ.

Two of my good friends came to visit us not so long time ago; And we started talking about muslims and Islam in general. And I then told my friends that there are also good muslims among them too. And one of my friends said; But if the muslims would come to power don't you think those muslims that were friendly with you would turn against you then? More as in we can never trust a muslim. And I said then that I agree that they might turn their backs on me, and that I do not trust them in general.

But a bit afterwards I got this story of the good samaritan in mind, this when they had already left to their homecountry. And I then started thinking that if we'd come in a difficult time, we'd never know if there'd be one or more good muslims among those who are being our enemy. Someone thinking the same way as the samaritan man, not caring whether we'd be their enemy or not, but just having a good heart, as well as helping others. God knows each man's heart, and in difficult times even people we see as our enemy might be God sent to help or to bless us. Even in the second world war there were at times German soldiers helping other enemy soldiers of them, helping jews/resistants/gipsies/etc.... to escape, when seeing some jews hiding they kept it shut and didn't tell about it, etc... So much good evidence on God's heart and mercy given to even those who were supposed to be seen as enemies by others, and yet there were also many of them that choose to be goodhearted and bless during that time too.

Anyways; It is a good story we should learn from and taking into practice. :)

Last edited:
R

Ramon

I love this story, and watching this touched me into tears. At the same time as I can recognice some of the same attitude I can be having with certain people sometimes, 'cause of their bad rumors. Still, I am learning and working on getting better with my mind and heart in Christ.

Two of my good friends came to visit us not so long time ago; And we started talking about muslims and Islam in general. And I then told my friends that there are also good muslims among them too. And one of my friends said; But if the muslims would come to power don't you think those muslims that were friendly with you would turn against you then? More as in we can never trust a muslim. And I said then that I agree that they might turn their backs on me, and that I do not trust them in general.

But a bit afterwards I got this story of the good samaritan in mind, this when they had already left to their homecountry. And I then started thinking that if we'd come in a difficult time, we'd never know if there'd be one or more good muslims among those who are being our enemy. Someone thinking the same way as the samaritan man, not caring whether we'd be their enemy or not, but just having a good heart, as well as helping others. God knows each man's heart, and in difficult times even people we see as our enemy might be God sent to help or to bless us. Even in the second world war there were at times German soldiers helping other enemy soldiers of them, helping jews/resistants/gipsies/etc.... to escape, when seeing some jews hiding they kept it shut and didn't tell about it, etc... So much good evidence on God's heart and mercy given to even those who were supposed to be seen as enemies by others, and yet there were also many of them that choose to be goodhearted and bless during that time too.

Anyways; It is a good story we should learn from and taking into practice. :)
WOW! Very interesting, I hadn't considered it like that. Yes, I know there are some who look down on, ''Muslims'' but it was with the same spite that certain Jews looked down on Samaritans.

But today, it is also the same way certain Christians look down on different cultures, and people, and religions.

I may post more of these stories. They are simple, children can understand them.

May Jesus bless you.

R

Ramon

CEV

Luk 10:25 An expert in the Law of Moses stood up and asked Jesus a question to see what he would say. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to have eternal life?"
Luk 10:26 Jesus answered, "What is written in the Scriptures? How do you understand them?"
Luk 10:27 The man replied, "The Scriptures say, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind.' They also say, 'Love your neighbors as much as you love yourself.' "
Luk 10:28 Jesus said, "You have given the right answer. If you do this, you will have eternal life."
Luk 10:29 But the man wanted to show that he knew what he was talking about. So he asked Jesus, "Who are my neighbors?"
Luk 10:30 Jesus replied: As a man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, robbers attacked him and grabbed everything he had. They beat him up and ran off, leaving him half dead.
Luk 10:31 A priest happened to be going down the same road. But when he saw the man, he walked by on the other side.
Luk 10:32 Later a temple helper came to the same place. But when he saw the man who had been beaten up, he also went by on the other side.
Luk 10:33 A man from Samaria then came traveling along that road. When he saw the man, he felt sorry for him
Luk 10:34 and went over to him. He treated his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put him on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him.
Luk 10:35 The next morning he gave the innkeeper two silver coins and said, "Please take care of the man. If you spend more than this on him, I will pay you when I return."
Luk 10:36 Then Jesus asked, "Which one of these three people was a real neighbor to the man who was beaten up by robbers?"
Luk 10:37 The teacher answered, "The one who showed pity." Jesus said, "Go and do the same!"