The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The Gospel - Good News - Good Tidings.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: GOSPEL
In the NT it denotes the "good tidings" of the Kingdom of God and of salvation through Christ, to be received by faith, on the basis of His expiatory death, His burial, resurrection, and ascension,

The Gospel - Good News - Good Tidings of Jesus the Christ:
1 Cor 15:
1 Moreover, brethren, "I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you", which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
(NOTE: "I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I/Paul preached to you")

2 "By which also ye are saved", if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
(NOTE: "By which also ye are saved")

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how """that Christ died for our sins""" according to the scriptures;
(NOTE: Is "that Christ died for our sins". Paying sins required wage/price =Death. See Rom 6:23-A)

4 And """that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day""" according to the scriptures:
(NOTE: "that Jesus was buried/proof he died. And that Jesus rose again the third day/ Father's receipt, sins payment received % accepted)

Recap: "the gospel which I preached unto you" "by which you are saved" is "that Christ died for your sins" "that he was buried" and that he rose again the 3rd day")

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(NOTE: By GRACE we are saved thru faith)

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
(NOTE: GRACE has a name = Jesus!)

Rom 5:
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(NOTE: Justified = Judicially declared righteousness by a sovereign creator God)

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
NOTE: We access God's GRACE/Jesus sin payment, thru faith placed in Jesus faithful/obedient sin atoning work) Amen
That's nice but my concern is that @Journeyman might say that Paul's Gospel is not Jesus's Gospel. That's why I asked him the question in post# 39. :)

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
It's a great thing that we can trust Jesus, no matter what the circumstance. Jesus didn't fear even being killed and teaches us not to be either.

He said whatever is spoken in secret would be revealed to all, because people who hated him were conspiring against him. He said God knows what's going on with us at all times What a relief it is not to have to live in fear! (From Lk.12:1-7

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
it's phenomenal how our Lord healed people. Only believe he said.

Once when some friends tore up a roof to get their crippled buddy in front of Jesus, he saw what faith had and healed the man. Of course, there are reasons God has for not healing people immediately, but we trust him anyway.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I found another statement by Jesus about not living in fear.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. Jn.14:1

He said this the evening he was arrested. That in itself is incredible, because the Lord was then only a very short time from being severly beaten and executed. Comforting his followers. Thanks dear Lord.

Feb 28, 2016
My point was that our forgiveness held no weight before we were saved, even if we understood somewhat what forgiveness entails.
Or, what does it profit an unsaved man if he forgives the whole world (each time he is offended) but loses his own soul?
(You can't forgive your way to heaven).
=
====================================================
ROM. 5:10.
For if, when we were 'enemies', we were 'reconciled to God by the death of His Son', much more, being reconciled,
'we shall be saved by His Life'.
LUKE 5:32.
I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Crossnote,
I don't want to detract from the focus of this thread. With your permission, I'll reprint your last post entirely tomorrow in a new thread entitled, "Paul's Writings". Is that ok?
"Tomorrow" is drawing to a close... Still waiting.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I found another statement by Jesus about not living in fear.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. Jn.14:1

He said this the evening he was arrested. That in itself is incredible, because the Lord was then only a very short time from being severly beaten and executed. Comforting his followers. Thanks dear Lord.
"Tomorrow" is drawing to a close... Still waitingQUOTE]
Oh, are you done here?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
If you're sure you're done here, I'll try to get the new thread started tomorrow. I was going to start it today, but I wasn't sure you were done here. Tomorrow I have a lot of work to do. (Not any work that can save me). But if you're sure you're done here, I'll try to get the new thread started tomorrow.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If you're sure you're done here, I'll try to get the new thread started tomorrow. I was going to start it today, but I wasn't sure you were done here. Tomorrow I have a lot of work to do. (Not any work that can save me). But if you're sure you're done here, I'll try to get the new thread started tomorrow.
Nope, never said I was done here.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Well, just let me know when yiu have.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Fear not, daughter of Sion, lo, thy king doth come, sitting on an ass' colt.'
And these things his disciples did not know at the first, but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were having been written about him, and these things they did to him. Jn.12:15-16

To know that the Owner of the universe came this way is beyond words, but words are what we use on a typewriter.

The Apostles must have had a great time rereading the OT.

Jan 12, 2019
The Gospel - Good News - Good Tidings.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: GOSPEL
In the NT it denotes the "good tidings" of the Kingdom of God and of salvation through Christ, to be received by faith, on the basis of His expiatory death, His burial, resurrection, and ascension,

The Gospel - Good News - Good Tidings of Jesus the Christ:
1 Cor 15:
1 Moreover, brethren, "I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you", which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
(NOTE: "I declare unto you the GOSPEL which I/Paul preached to you")

2 "By which also ye are saved", if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
(NOTE: "By which also ye are saved")

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how """that Christ died for our sins""" according to the scriptures;
(NOTE: Is "that Christ died for our sins". Paying sins required wage/price =Death. See Rom 6:23-A)

4 And """that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day""" according to the scriptures:
(NOTE: "that Jesus was buried/proof he died. And that Jesus rose again the third day/ Father's receipt, sins payment received % accepted)

Recap: "the gospel which I preached unto you" "by which you are saved" is "that Christ died for your sins" "that he was buried" and that he rose again the 3rd day")

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(NOTE: By GRACE we are saved thru faith)

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
(NOTE: GRACE has a name = Jesus!)

Rom 5:
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(NOTE: Justified = Judicially declared righteousness by a sovereign creator God)

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
NOTE: We access God's GRACE/Jesus sin payment, thru faith placed in Jesus faithful/obedient sin atoning work) Amen
Gospel means "good news", Scripture recorded various good news that God gave to different people during different times:
  • God told Abraham the good news he will have many descendants like the stars of heaven and the sand in the shore in genesis 15
  • God told David the good news that a descendant from him will be ruling from his throne in 2 samuel 7
  • God told Israel the good news, after about 400 years of complete silence, that this descendant from David is finally here in the flesh, to usher them into that promised kingdom of heaven on earth in Luke 1
  • Finally after Israel the nation rejected the messiah for the final time by stoning Stephen, God announced to the whole world the good news thru the apostle Paul that, all of us, gentiles or Jews can be saved thru believing in Jesus death burial and resurrection (Romans 11:11, 1 cor 15:1-4)
And yes you are correct, the 4th and final gospel is the only one that can save man during this current time period.

The confusion that many Christians have is, since their churches love to preach from the 4 gospels of Matthew to John, as well as early Acts, where the 3rd gospel was still valid, they try to combine the teachings together with Romans to Philemon, which leads to many contradictions.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Matthew 9:6
New King James Version
6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
Jesus can’t forgive sins, and it’s not His Grace you say....
Luke 7:48
New King James Version
48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

Luke 5:20
New King James Version
20 When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.”

2 Corinthians 8:9
New King James Version
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.

2 Corinthians 13:14
New King James Version
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.
You are right, for all scripture is truth. Yet it was the Father who saved the earthly Jesus. Jesus is God.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
he loved them unto the end. Jn.13:1

From the beginning

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
How often they provoked Him in the wilderness
And grieved Him in the desert Psa.78:40

the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things, laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.
Lk.11:53-54

being grieved for the hardness of their hearts Mk.3:5

Our great Lord Jesus put up with a lot.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Isa. 53 is showing how Jesus comtinued showing the love of God to his enemies while his Father was testing him. He remained true to himself. God knew this world would hate his Son, so Peter says,

Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: Acts 2:23

And when the people Peter spoke to heard how they had sinned against Jesus,

they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men andbrethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:37-38

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me Isa.29:13

The biggest example of this in the scriptures is how the religious leaders perceived themselves as people who loved God, yet hated Jesus.

This is really a big key to properly understanding the sacrifice of Jesus.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Our dear Lord came to earth so that we would know the love he and his Father have for us.
Jesus said it's easy to love those who love us, but God loves even his enemies.(Lk.6:27-36)

The greatest example of this is how out Creator came here as a man and despite being argued with, lied about, spit on, physically abused and sentenced to die in a terrible way, he cjose not to retaliate against his enemies, but continued loving them.

Paul said someone may give up his life for a good person, but Jesus did so for the worst.
(Rom.5:7-10)

When we've wronged someone we shouldn't have, we go to that person and ask for their forgiveness.

The Biblre tells us we've all wronged God in some way. The very good news that Jesus brought is that God is happy to forgive anyone of us no matter how terrible a thing we did against him is. Of course God expects a true heart of remorse if we want a relationship with him.

God is merciful and easily approached.
amen in christ he truly is infact he is inviting us daily to come closer