The Great Christian Wife hunt

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lachie

So first post, here goes.

So many Christian friends of mine are on the great christian wife hunt. I resent the way they treat women, and think they own a woman just because they like her.

I'm sick of the whole dating thing being an issue, and would really like to find a nice girl because i'm really lonely, and to be honest would like someone just to spend time with who appreciates me.

I'm not trying to find someone on here, but would love some prayer and encouragement,
because the lonleyness tempts me to go back to my old life.

Blessings,

Lachlan.

E

erika07

Hi Lachlan,

I'm sure you've heard this a lot of times, but I'm saying it anyway :)D). Don't be impatient. There is someone for you, and trust that God will make your paths cross when the time is right for both of you. I know waiting, and the "loneliness" during the waiting, is sometimes depressing. I'm there. You'll feel it especially when you're surrounded with couples. (ehem ehem to a multitude of my friends, who just got hitched. hehe..) In the meantime though, why don't you find yourself some good and well meaning friends, and maybe deepen your relationship with God? Enrich yourself with other kinds of relationships first. There will still be that pang of longing at times, but God will fill that completely.

Wish you the best! :)

J

Jullianna

So many Christian friends of mine are on the great christian wife hunt. I resent the way they treat women, and think they own a woman just because they like her.

I'm sick of the whole dating thing being an issue, and would really like to find a nice girl because i'm really lonely, and to be honest would like someone just to spend time with who appreciates me.

I'm not trying to find someone on here, but would love some prayer and encouragement,

Blessings,

Lachlan.
I understand, and am sure there are a lot of people reading your post who most certainly understand, the pull of ways we've let go of because of our desire to lead a life that is pleasing to God. It's TOUGH. But know that the reward is great and that the lady you are waiting on will be worth the wait. :) And you are right not to treat a woman as a possession. A woman wants to become part of you, not your property.

Last edited by a moderator:

jb

Feb 27, 2010
A few points:

1) Put the Lord first in your life and the Lord will bring the right person (for you) along at the right time, ie. the time that God knows you are ready for such a serious step as marriage. Matt 6v33

2) Pray that the Lord will give you the person He has for you to marry. Rom 8v32, Phil 4v19

3) I see you are only 19...that is very young for marriage (or even to think about it), even if you are mature for your age! Getting married too young can very often (these days) end in divorce and believe you me, it is not something you want to go through as it is most painful and produces such sorrow and trauma...I speak from experience.

4) Grow in the Lord (prayer and Bible study), get good Christian friends around you and enjoy your youth, you can do things now that you will not be able to do once you are married because of the responsibilities it brings.

I'm sure others can add to all the advice above (others and mine).

Yahweh Shalom...

G

GreenNnice

Blessings,

Lachlan.
----
Sing to God more.....remember His sacrifice for you....have no bitterness toward His life with you now, for it's understood by He (Jer. 29:11) who, and even, what, and, where, is all best for you. :)

Jb speaks of 'God first,' in your life.......Yes, FILL your life up with an abundance of His things. Pray for what, where, and, who, He will bring, not necessarily a girl pray for, the Lord leads, pray you follow how He wants you to go, asking 'why' is fine. Why?

God desires a personal relationship with each one of us. :)

Yes, you will not be lonely IF you truly eradicate those things you say you go back to in 'my óld life.'

Why do you want to SERVE that máster when he (Satan) is there to help you sate your life with your own vomit?

It takes more though, much more than just saying I want to leave this 'old life,' , it takes wholehearted repentance to God, confession(1 John 1:9), taking your 'old life' to the cross of Christ, going to the altar of your church, or, just however the Lord leads in His Holy Spirit power inside you to rid this demonic 'old life' force pulling you toward hell on Earth...

Refuse that power of The Enemy, which is real (Satan is real !), and, glom on to, attach yourself to the mercy of God our Father in Heaven, whom all blessings toll. Find youself in Him, THROW out your tv and computer and liquor , whatever you HAVE to, Lachie,, and, don't do it because I say but He whom is in you (God's Holy Spirit), convicting you to confront this death with pure repentance !

And, then, it's easy......God will move you in a great way, and, not sure if God will answer your physical 'loneliness' cry but 'that' won't matter anymore to you because you are sooo into God's great way, shown us through Jesus Christ, His Son . Everything good comes from God. Everything bad in our life comes from Satan, the artist of confusión, lies, wanting only one thing for people, death and damnation.

You are God's now. Right, Lachie? You are His. Heaven awaits you ! Remember when you accepted Him? It was an awesome moment of change for you . Do not forget the great power of God who leads your life , His power conquered Satan's power long ago, on an old rugged cross :)

---
There is power in the blood, power in the blood, wonder-working power. In the blood, of the Lamb. There is power, power, wonderworking power in the precious blood of the Lamb.
----
Seek Him, sing hymns, delve deep into question-asking through prayer and bible study, just doing your 'new life,' where mercies await you new every morning, Lachie, with oh, so many good things from God of grace, too, in store for you as you continúe to fight for serving Him.

God bless your struggles , Christ bro, and, KNOW your temptations trying to overtake you are nothing special, ALL men and women experience the demons of sin in our life , daily, but repent to God for new direction, NEW LIFE, NEW THINGS THAT WILL TAKE THE PLACE OF WHAT YOU want to do. God will provide for you, great providential events blessing you , nothing will stop His plans for you, IF you use the power of the Holy Spirit to resist Satan's great advances . God will show you great Love, too, Lachie.

The Lord leads, latch on to Him, He wants your company, but you must choose to walk with Him . He will catch you when you fall, cradle you, keep you, in this time now of need. He is all WE need, ever needed, as the Katinas so beautifully sing this song below. :)

You're All I Need.

--sorry, no link, google it please. God bless you, Lach , right now I think what you really need to do to sate your loneliness is draw closer to Him :)