The Great Divide...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cherries

Senior Member
Feb 21, 2007
477
9
18
After I seemed to be doing better and moving on something happens to me that just stabs me right in the heart, creating new wounds... An old coworker I worked with sent a picture of my ex and told me they brought him along to the beach. This person that sent a picture of my ex told me he keeps crying over me and said that He wished the seagulls would take him away and bring him to me here in Louisiana. I know our friends mean well but I cut my ex off and stopped letting him in for a reason. As much as I want to think I have moved on and accepted my choice there are still moments when I ponder about us. My heart aches more than I ever imagined it would. This pain I feel constantly reminds me of him. But than I remember what the bible said about being unequally yoked with someone. I hate myself for letting someone like him in my life and for being a fool, giving him all of me... blindly...

Its like I saw the train coming while I was standing in the tracks but instead of moving I just stayed there and now I'm hurting. Last time I talked to him and he told me he would never recover from losing me and how he would do anything to have me back. As romantic as that seems I constantly remind myself why I am where I am now. I remind myself that he made me cry so many times and belittled me, how he made me feel not good enough. I remember the times i sacrificed so much for him and asked for so little in return but would be left empty handed and with my heart bleeding. No matter what I did I never seemed good enough and he never hid his gaze of looking at other options while I looked only at him and desired nothing more. Despite everything I cry and cry and I cry some more. Patiently waiting for the day the pain goes away.
 
There was a reason you left and it was not because it was all sunshine and lollypops. Sometimes when we walk away from toxic relationships a sadness sinks in and we start to forget all the bad that happened. We remember the good, but if the good were as good as we think it was we would have never left. It is just your brain playing tricks on you. Stay strong.
 
Just wanted to say I liked this not because of your pain, but that you are taking the right steps to heal. If it would help, you might want to ask your friend to stop discussing him for now. God bless you.
 
Thank you both it means a lot! I am feeling much better. I just had to say what was in my heart.God bless you both <3
 
Hi cherries, I think most of us can relate...I can see that you are a beautiful lady but you are also a wise young lady - wise to get out of that relationship and wise to see the danger to your heart should you go back down that particular route - please don't let your heart rule your head. The quote from Proverbs 4:23 was from the wisest of men. You know what you must do, ignore these temptations and pray pray pray asking God to keep you strong. God has the right man for you but you must be patient. God bless you.
 
MadParrotWoman;bt19770 said:
Hi cherries, I think most of us can relate...I can see that you are a beautiful lady but you are also a wise young lady - wise to get out of that relationship and wise to see the danger to your heart should you go back down that particular route - please don't let your heart rule your head. The quote from Proverbs 4:23 was from the wisest of men. You know what you must do, ignore these temptations and pray pray pray asking God to keep you strong. God has the right man for you but you must be patient. God bless you.

Thank you for the words encouragement and for the verse. I will continue to fight the good fight and look straight ahead of me, not behind me. God bless you <3
 
Cherries;bt19768 said:
Thank you both it means a lot! I am feeling much better. I just had to say what was in my heart.God bless you both <3

HTML:
 I remind myself that he made me cry so many times and belittled me, how he made me feel not good enough. I remember the times i sacrificed so much for him and asked for so little in return but would be left empty handed and with my heart bleeding. No matter what I did I never seemed good enough and he never hid his gaze of looking at other options while I looked only at him and desired nothing more.

This hurts me to read it, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling :( . It sounds to me like you made the EXACT RIGHT DECISION!!! I urge you to stick to your guns, and do not waver in your resolve to rid yourself of this person. He sounds like he could be narcissistic. You nor anyone else could ever be yourself and be happy with this man, he has some serious issues, and they will never be resolved until and if, (and both are highly unlikely) he comes face to face with himself and gets honest, (again which I doubt will happen anytime soon, anyway ) Turn your thoughts away from him and everything that pertains to him, think on anything but him, get involved, stay busy, and his memory will begin to fade. You have definately done the right thing!!!
 
Silverwings;bt19831 said:
HTML:
 I remind myself that he made me cry so many times and belittled me, how he made me feel not good enough. I remember the times i sacrificed so much for him and asked for so little in return but would be left empty handed and with my heart bleeding. No matter what I did I never seemed good enough and he never hid his gaze of looking at other options while I looked only at him and desired nothing more.

This hurts me to read it, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling :( . It sounds to me like you made the EXACT RIGHT DECISION!!! I urge you to stick to your guns, and do not waver in your resolve to rid yourself of this person. He sounds like he could be narcissistic. You nor anyone else could ever be yourself and be happy with this man, he has some serious issues, and they will never be resolved until and if, (and both are highly unlikely) he comes face to face with himself and gets honest, (again which I doubt will happen anytime soon, anyway ) Turn your thoughts away from him and everything that pertains to him, think on anything but him, get involved, stay busy, and his memory will begin to fade. You have definately done the right thing!!!


thank you! it hurt having people telling me i overreacted and he himself said that. But i do know I made the right choice by leaving and starting over. Nothing good ever comes from something that the Lord never wanted for us. He didnt want me there and I knew that. I am keeping myself busy for sure and focusing on the good. Thank you for your words you have been so kind and encouraging i really appreciate it.
 
Cherries, you deserve all the kindness you can get, take a hot bubble bath and enjoy your alone time, & put on some nice music, oh and don't forget the candles!! :o
 
Silverwings;bt19975 said:
Cherries, you deserve all the kindness you can get, take a hot bubble bath and enjoy your alone time, & put on some nice music, oh and don't forget the candles!! :o

amen to that! sounds like a plan ;)