The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
thank you very much, friends. oh, and @Susanna, no offense meant. other than our dear @jennymae, i rarely see ladies posting in this thread.

i am truly grateful to y'all for helping cure my ignorance. :)

Jan 18, 2016
Jan 18, 2016
Since this IS the firearms thread..... this is my latest addition. My EDC (every day carry) has been a Sig P938, which is basically a mini-1911... carried cocked and locked.
I have, for the past few months, been hampered with "trigger thumb"... which has nothing to do with anything fun, like shooting. I have limited mobility, and moderate to severe pain when trying to "do" things with my thumb, like pushing down on a safety lever on a handgun... :rolleyes:
I decided to get a small handgun that does not have a safety, and narrowed it down to the SA Hellcat, or the Sig P365, or the new FN Reflex. After much consideration and handling of all the choices... I ended up with this one... the Reflex. It has a really nice single action trigger pull, due to it being an internal hammer, instead of a striker.
Anyway, I've only had it out once, and found that it's shooting a little left for me, so I need to adjust the rear sight a bit....
But, it shows a lot of promise... small, un-obtrusive, 11 round capacity... I think I'm going to like it.
The recoil is a bit snappy, being such a small 9mm, but it's not unmanageable....

Reflex first day.jpg

First 11 rounds out of the handgun.... standing at 7 yards....
Reflex first 11.jpg

Zandar

May 16, 2023
Since this IS the firearms thread..... this is my latest addition. My EDC (every day carry) has been a Sig P938, which is basically a mini-1911... carried cocked and locked.
I have, for the past few months, been hampered with "trigger thumb"... which has nothing to do with anything fun, like shooting. I have limited mobility, and moderate to severe pain when trying to "do" things with my thumb, like pushing down on a safety lever on a handgun... :rolleyes:
I decided to get a small handgun that does not have a safety, and narrowed it down to the SA Hellcat, or the Sig P365, or the new FN Reflex. After much consideration and handling of all the choices... I ended up with this one... the Reflex. It has a really nice single action trigger pull, due to it being an internal hammer, instead of a striker.
Anyway, I've only had it out once, and found that it's shooting a little left for me, so I need to adjust the rear sight a bit....
But, it shows a lot of promise... small, un-obtrusive, 11 round capacity... I think I'm going to like it.
The recoil is a bit snappy, being such a small 9mm, but it's not unmanageable....

View attachment 262872

First 11 rounds out of the handgun.... standing at 7 yards....
View attachment 262873
That is awesome, I like my smith shield 2.0 because it has the same grip angle as the 1911. Super intuitive.