A common thing I hear people say about Christianity is that they're "glad we believe in something and that it makes us happy". I have to be quite honest in saying that I find this almost a little insulting. The decision to follow Christ is not an easy one, and it is surely the most costly. It is a road filled with trials, suffering and pain. It is being constantly questioned by not only the world, but by yourself; asking yourself whether you are doing the right thing, or if it just feels okay because the world says it is. It is feeling convicted. It is not partaking in "normal" activities, and being called weak for it. It is giving up complete control of your life. It is loving the absolute worst of humanity. It is forgiving the person who has wronged you a thousand times over. It is NOT a "fictitious book" I read when I feel sad. It is NOT a temporary fix. It is NOT my religion. It is NOT something to be taken lightly. It is giving every single part of me to God because it is the least I can do for everything He has done for me. And it is immeasurable and unexplainable joy.