The heart of the matter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 3, 2011
If we desire to fulfill our own flesh, rather than obey God's commandments, then we show that we do not love God as we should. God will not so much judge our disobedience as He will our hearts. But if we continue in disobedience then it shows that our heart is impure.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

L

Laodicea

Exodus 20:5-6
(5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
(6) And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

May 21, 2009
If we desire to fulfill our own flesh, rather than obey God's commandments, then we show that we do not love God as we should. God will not so much judge our disobedience as He will our hearts. But if we continue in disobedience then it shows that our heart is impure.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
The problem is we do the best we can but we are in these tainted bodies. We must ask for mercy.

C

Consumed

The heart of the matter is to have the Fathers heart  David had such a great revelation of what it means and he lived under law but knew how gracious, merciful loving good God is, a man after Gods heart.

A

AnandaHya

I thought the heart of the matter was that it is not OUR works that saves us but what JESUS did on the cross and how through HIS love and grace He gave us a new heart and spirit to be able to live according to His commandments, to be able to see and feel sorrow for our sins. truly repent and submit control of our lives in obedience to His will and pick up the burden and run the race He lays out before us for the glory of HIS name.

that it is not through our own means but God's grace that salvation happens at all. that works is NOT a prequisite for salvation but the over abundantly out flow of an already saved soul.

we should preach and teach people how to PRAY and spend time with JESUS not put them straight to work. Do you make toddlers clean the whole house? or do you play and help them grow in the love and knowledge of Christ?

Last edited:
C

Consumed

I thought the heart of the matter was that it is not OUR works that saves us but what JESUS did on the cross and how through HIS love and grace He gave us a new heart and spirit to be able to live according to His commandments, to be able to see and feel sorrow for our sins. truly repent and submit control of our lives in obedience to His will and pick up the burden and run the race He lays out before us for the glory of HIS name.

that it is not through our own means but God's grace that salvation happens at all.
You are so right it is, by Jesus doing what He did we can now have the Fathers heart by way of the cross to be transformed into His likeness and image (character). We can't do it by ourselves, to be one with God is to be united with His heart.