One of the great lessons we learn from the Word of God is "humility." How important is Christian humility to every believer? I know there are a plethora of examples in His Word, but when I think of "humility," these three examples come first to my mind.
Luke 18:10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 .) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 .) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 .) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 .) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
John 13:4) He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. 5 .) After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
6 .) Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet? 7 .) Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter. 8 .) Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me. 9 .) Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
AND THE GREATEST EXAMPLE!
Philippians 2:5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 .) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 .) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 .) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 .) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 .) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 .) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(there is so very much Soul food to be digested in His Holy Bible)