The Holy Spirit does not make you Emotional.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

The Holy Spirit does not make you emotional, he causes you to repent!

The Holy Spirit has nothing to do with the flesh. Men work to pleas the flesh, but not God. Neither is God pleased with your flesh. Neither can the flesh of a man please God. But is your LIFE pleasing to him? Are you full of doubt and unbelief and hatred and envy and bitterness? Or are you full of the love of God?

When the Holy Spirit brings conviction, our flesh doesn't know how to handle it sometimes, so it might go off and pout. But that is the flesh, it is contrary to truth and life. This silly flesh of mine. GET IN LINE!!! The Word of God has power over my flesh. I can speak to my flesh, and tell it to obey!!

Many churches are full of emotional sinners. But the Holy Spirit is not there if there is no repentance there.

So as the Lord said, REPENT! For the Kingdom of heaven is at hand!

May Jesus bless you.

Aug 18, 2011
Amen. Many Protestant sects have traded authentic spirituality for emotionalism.
Authentic Christian spirituality is so much more different. True Christian spirituality has nothing to do with an excitement of the flesh or or the blood.

Eastern Orthodox spiritual guides over the past 1600 years have warned us against the heating of the blood or of the flesh during prayer; that this is a sign, not of the Holy Spirit, but of fallen carnal energy. On the contrary, true Christian spirituality is an inner peace and serenity, prayer made to God without excitement or heating of the blood.