The Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
The Holiness journey.

Do you remember what it was like when you first became a Christian?
Probably for many of us it was different variables. Some may have accepted Christ as children and others at a much later age.

However for me, I hobbled into it at the age of 22 warts and all figuratively speaking.
Not only was my faith in shambles but I lived in sin and had a warped view of God.

There was so much guilt about the state I was in I just didn’t trust the Lord.
However God in all his majesty, holiness and glory decided to accept me as a sinner and choose to come and live inside me.
How could a Holy glorious God live inside a dirty rotten sinner like me?

How could he transform me into the image of Jesus Christ empowered by his Holy Spirit? I had no idea how he was going to go it but he did. It wasn’t until I entered his kingdom and put his will before my own did I really start to trust Jesus Christ as my lord and saviour. Then understanding that he Jesus was actually God I made the conscious effort to put him into my heart from my head and bow down to the King of Kings.

20 years later as I look back at the old me can a say that Jesus Christ is really God? Not just from a faith view or a belief view but from a transformation experience!! God moved me from a rotten sinner full of lies, selfishness and deceit to a Holy Child of God. Praise be the lord!!!
When we become Christians God justifies us and makes us righteous before him because he has nailed our sins to the cross with the life death and resurrection of Christ, however when his Holy Spirit comes and lives in us he makes us Holy like himself preparing us for everlasting life with him to live with a holy God.

Self-control, love, patience, kindness, peace, joy, patience and gentleness are all fruits of the Holy Spirit that live in us when we have been accepted by Jesus Christ as true sons of the lord. In his great wisdom he draws us ever more to himself and his Ultimate will for our lives.
A true Christian steps out in faith and faith alone and accepts Jesus Christ as their lord and saviour. Then God gives them his Holy Spirit and transforms them into Holy Vessels by his grace alone working through faith.

When this happens we walk away from all the bad things that we do to our bodies and others and we live as Jesus lived.
We point people to Jesus Christ and his Gospel of salvation.

That he lived, died and rose again on the 3 day and is still alive and preparing to return and judge the living and the dead.
Praise God he didn’t leave us orphans and sent his Holy Spirit into the world until he returns that comforts us and lives in us and teaches us all spiritual truths that the world recognises as folly.

The Holy Spirit warns us about living Holy lives in 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

“Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple”.

I’m glad God has kept me alive so that he can continue to transform me into the image of Christ. Who wants to be destroyed? I certainly don’t!

As for the Holy Spirit again he says through Paul the Apostle:

“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory”.

So here we see God has given us everything including his eternal Holy Spirit for those who put their trust in Jesus Christ. So let’s give him everything we can in real Worship and Praise and allow him to do as he wills so that we can be called true Children of the lord Jesus.

Blessings Chris Dobson

Attachments