The Holy Trinity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

abcd

I had a discussion yesterday with a friend of mine, and he cannot understand the Holy Trinity being one. How help him?

Jun 2, 2013
I had a discussion yesterday with a friend of mine, and he cannot understand the Holy Trinity being one. How help him?
If Yashu'a was the God / Creator then who was he praying too ?

john832

May 31, 2013
That would be onion, celery and sweet pepper chopped fine. Otherwise, God is not a three in one conglomerate.

Mar 21, 2011
God is not Literal. He is spiritual. He is not Finite. So he can be a burning bush if he likes.

Jun 2, 2013
In John 4 ; 23 - 24 Yashu'a states again in The Red Letter Writing of your Bible And I Quote ; But the hour cometh , And now is when the true Worshippers shall Worship the Father in spirit and in truth ; For the Father seeketh such to Worship Him . God is a spirit and they that Worship Him must Worship Him in spirit and in truth . < He Said Worship ( Him ) Not Me ) .

And in John 14 ; 10 , Yashu'a ( Gives All Praise And Gratitude To ( His Heavenly Father ) And I Quote ; Believest thou not that I am in the Father , And the Father in me ? The words that I speak unto you I speak Not Of Mtself ; But the Father that dwelleth inme , He Doeth The Work . < He Used The Word ( He Not Me ) .

Mar 29, 2013
I like to describe it as three slices of one cake there all the same cake but there three seperate slices.

P

prodigaldaughter

In my bible studying this is what I came across if anyone else wants to correct please do so we can all learn.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [SUP]2 [/SUP]He was with God in the beginning. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made
- John 1:1-3

Jesus was there from the beginning but not in flesh form. In fact in the very beginning in the book of Genesis we see

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness
- Gen 1:26

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
-Luke 3:22

The Holy Spirit also played His part.

Jesus establish that there are three

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
- Matthew 28:19

I see it as this an egg is made up of 3 parts a shell, the yolk and the white of an egg. In no instance is either one of the parts of the egg referred to as an egg we would say egg shell, the yolk of an egg, the white of an egg. All three together is an egg. We serve a triune God.

Jesus acknowledge the Father even up to the point of death.

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.”When he had said this, he breathed his last.
- Luke 23:46

Jesus also said if we asked the Father for anything in His [Jesus] it shall be granted.

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
- John 15:16.

So clearly there is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

The LORD God is. HE is eternal. He has no beginning nor end. He just is. When He spoke the first Word His begotten ( to procreate or generate (offspring). or to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.) Son became. Because His Son (Jesus) was created directly by the LORD God everything else was created through His Son.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made
- John 1:3

The Holy Spirit is our Advocate

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
- John 14:26

“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.
- John 15:26

The Holy Spirit seals us.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
- Eph 1:13

Before the day of Pentecost in order for people to receive the Holy Spirit they had to be either anointed by a priest of God e.g. King David or God Himself would place it upon the person e.g. when Mary conceived. On the Day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit was released.

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
- Acts 2:4

When we believe in and accept Jesus Christ and repent of our ways we will receive the Holy Spirit.

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
This is a promise given to us. For Christ knew we need it look around today what do you see going on? Do you think we can survive without the presence of God in our lives?

Because they are all in sync because they are part of each other they are one. Jesus did nothing without the Father because He did the will of His Father. The Holy Spirit is a gift of promise to us. It is like having some of God's Power within us to help us live transformed lives and to fight the adversary the Devil.

When Moses met God on the mountain the essence of God reflected upon His face because the LORD God is pure you cannot be in His presence at His full glory yet Moses only experienced a tad of it. None of us can be in the direct presence of the LORD God but because the mystery will of God is to adopt us into His family and that we not perish He sent His only begotten Son in flesh form to show us how to live to teach us about the Kingdom of God because the Pharisees made it near to impossible for any one to achieve that. They added and added to the law now we are under Grace through faith in Christ. Christ showed us how we can achieve this, how to make our calling and election sure. He simplified the law by one word "LOVE". Christ showed us about that when we understand what the Kingdom of God is about we would do anything even if it means giving up things to obtain it. But Christ knew that is presence here on earth was not permanent He had a mission He had to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins He had to pay our debt so that we could have a chance to salvation. He knew that we would need help after His departure so the Holy Spirit was sent.

There are many references in the New Testament concerning the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. If I continued writing it would be like writing a book :). Finally, ask God to allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you to help you understand so that you can explain to your friend. Ask God to place His words into your mouth.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Within the Godhead there exists three coeternal and coequal Persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit and each member has a distinct role. Scripture says there is one being that is God: James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

We see the trinity in the baptism of Jesus. God the Father bears His testimony of God the Son and God the Holy Spirit descends upon Him, which proves that they are different Persons but one God:
Matt 3:16-17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 1:1 shows that Jesus is God and at the same time was with God the Father in the beginning thus proving that He is distinct from the Father:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word [Jesus] was with God, and the Word was God.

G

Graybeard

and round and round we go again.....aaaalll aboooard!

G

Graybeard

I see you have just joined with one post, if you really want to know what people here say, do a search there are enough threads already on this subject, I am sure no one is going to bring anything new what has already being discussed.

Jun 2, 2013
In John 4 ; 23 - 24 Yashu'a states again in The Red Letter Writing of your Bible And I Quote ; But the hour cometh , And now is when the true Worshippers shall Worship the Father in spirit and in truth ; For the Father seeketh such to Worship Him . God is a spirit and they that Worship Him must Worship Him in spirit and in truth . < He Said Worship ( Him ) Not Me ) .

And in John 14 ; 10 , Yashu'a ( Gives All Praise And Gratitude To ( His Heavenly Father ) And I Quote ; Believest thou not that I am in the Father , And the Father in me ? The words that I speak unto you I speak Not Of Mtself ; But the Father that dwelleth inme , He Doeth The Work . < He Used The Word ( He Not Me ) .
If Yashu'a is God then who was he Praying to in Matthew 6 ; 9 - 13 , He says , '' Our Father Who Art In Heaven '' , So he's not God or otherwise he would've been ( Praying To Himself ) . Let me point out to you that Yashu'a was an Israelite . It is common sense that Yashu'a would not ( Violate ) such a powerful Israelite Judaic command as the worship of God alone ( Exodus 20 - 3-4 ) By claiming ro be that very God whom he prayer to in Matthew 26 ; 39 , And I Quote ; And he went a litte farther , And ( Fell On His Face ) , And ( Prayed ) . Saying , O my ( Father ) .

Think about it , It doesn't make much sense for Yashu'a ( To Pray To Himself ) . If Yashu'a was
God . ( He Wouldn't Have No Need To Pray Because If He Did , To Whom , Would He Pray ? )

In several quote in The New Testament Yashu'a made it clear that you are to worship ( God / Yahuwa ) And not him . When he made reference to God / Yahuwa . He used The Third Person Singular '' Him '' Not The First Person Singular '' Me . In Yashu'a says And I Quote ; And Jesus answered and said untoi him . Ge thee behind me ; Satan ; For it is written , Thou shalt worship the lord thy ( God ) And ( Him ) only shalt thou serve '' < He Said Worship ( Him ) Not Me ) .

notuptome

May 17, 2013
John 10:30-31 I and My Father are One. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
Jesus prayed to the Father so those present could hear what He was doing. Jesus had no need to pray except for the benefit of those present. As God Jesus could be and was both the Father and the Son all the time.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

G

Graybeard

=RaphaEl2nd;1059718]
In several quote in The New Testament Yashu'a made it clear that you are to worship ( God / Yahuwa ) And not him .
where in the entire Bible does it say that Jesus is not to be worshiped?
says And I Quote ; And Jesus answered and said untoi him . Ge thee behind me ; Satan ; For it is written , Thou shalt worship the lord thy ( God ) And ( Him ) only shalt thou serve '' < He Said Worship ( Him ) Not Me ) .
you add the words Not Me....that is your own addition

Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Php 2:6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God

G

Graybeard

John 10:30-31 I and My Father are One. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
Jesus prayed to the Father so those present could hear what He was doing. Jesus had no need to pray except for the benefit of those present. As God Jesus could be and was both the Father and the Son all the time.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I disagree because Jesus was in constant communication with God. There are plenty of other times in Scripture were Jesus prayed and it certainly was not for the benefit of those present.
Jesus is God the Son and not God the Father.

Oct 28, 2012
dear brothers and sisters in my LORD JESUS CHRIST....

lets see the definitions:

Unitarian belief:*
Unitarians believe that main-line Christianity does not adhere to strict monotheism but that they do by maintaining that Jesus was a great man and a*prophet*of God, perhaps even a*supernatural*being, but not God himself.*They believe Jesus did not claim to be God, and that his teachings did not suggest the existence of a*triune God. Unitarians believe in the*moral authority*but not necessarily the*divinity*of Jesus.*

Unitarian Christology can be divided according to whether Jesus is believed to have had a pre-human existence. Both forms maintain that*God*is one being and one "person"—the one Jesus called "Father"—and that Jesus is the (or a)*Son of God, but generally not God himself.*

Binitarian belief:*
Binitarianism*is a*Christian theology*of two personae, two individuals, or two aspects in one Godhead (or God). Classically, binitarianism is understood as strict*monotheism*— that is, that God is an absolutely single being; and yet with binitarianism there is a "twoness" in God. The other common forms of monotheism are "unitarianism", a belief in a single God with one aspect, and "trinitarianism", a belief in a single God with three aspects.A belief in two distinct persons in one essence, "God family," who are in perfect harmony/agreement with each other/one another, composed of the Father and the Son as two distinct Gods, and the Holy Spirit as not a God, but rather as the living power of God that flows/emanates between both the Father and the Son.

Trinitarian belief:
The*Christian*doctrine*of the*Trinity*defines*God*as three divine persons or*hypostases:*the*Father, the*Son*(Jesus Christ), and the*Holy Spirit; "one God in three persons". The three persons are distinct, yet are one "substance, essence or nature".*A nature is*what*one is, while a person is*who*one is.The Trinity is considered to be a*mystery*of*Christian faith.*According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire. They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: as the*Fourth Lateran Council*declared, "it is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds". While distinct in their relations with one another, they are one in all else. The whole work of creation and grace is a single operation common to all three divine persons, who at the same time operate according to their unique properties, so that all things are from the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.*The three persons are co-equal, co-eternal and*consubstantial.

Trinitarianism (one deity in three persons) contrasts with*nontrinitarian*positions which include*Binitarianism*(one deity in two persons, or two deities),*Unitarianism*(one deity in one person, analogous to Jewish interpretation of the*Shema*and Muslim belief in*Tawhid),Oneness Pentecostalism*or*Modalism*(one deity manifested in three separate aspects), and*social trinitarianism*(three persons united by mutual love and accord).

Modalism belief:*
Monarchianism had two primary forms, Dynamic Monarchianism and Modalistic Monarchianism. Dynamic Monarchianism is the view that Jesus was not in His nature God. It is the view that God existed in Jesus, just as God exists in all of us, but that God existed in Jesus in a particularly powerful way. Jesus was God because God inhabited Him. Modalistic Monarchianism, also known as Modalism, is the view that God variously manifested Himself as the Father (primarily in the Old Testament), other times as the Son (primarily from Jesus’ conception to His ascension), and other times as the Holy Spirit (primarily after Jesus’ ascension into heaven). Modalistic Monarchianism / Modalism teaches that God has simply revealed Himself in three different modes, and that He is not three Persons, as the Bible asserts. Modalistic Monarchianism / Modalism is also known as Sabellianism, named after Sabellius, an influential early proponent of the view. Yet another aspect of Modalistic Monarchianism / Modalism / Sabellianism is Patripassianism, which is the view that it was God the Father who became incarnate, suffered, died, and was resurrected. Patripassianism essentially teaches that God the Father became His own Son.

here some others for a quick breakdown as well as what others believe in as well:
Monotheism=belief in only one God, the God of the Jews;
Monarchianism=belief in only one ruler who is God who is indivisible;
Modalism=belief God has different modes of revealing himself;
Patripassianism=belief the Father experienced the sufferings of the Cross in the body of Jesus;
Dynamic Monarchianism=belief God the Father adopted Jesus at his baptism and gave him Divinity and there are two Gods now;
Bitheism=belief in two Gods, one uncreated (the Father) and one unbegotten (Word/the Son);
Logosism=belief Jesus was the Greek (intermediate Logos),*the nous*(some Philosophers thought Logos to be the mind or thought of God) that became man and the second person of rank in a triad of Divine Beings;
Trinitarianism=belief there is one uncreated divine nature in which there are three distinct separate Divine Beings each being God but having one substance and one essence of what constitutes God (like three houses made of one substance wood, yet one wood substance is made into three separate and distinct houses: all there persons consist of one substance "Spirit");
Tritheism=belief there exist three Divine Gods each having his own separate being, his own Spirit, his own body, his own will, and his own position in heaven separate from the others.
Sabelliusism=belief the Father and the Son are two simultaneous modes of one God (Jesus is Father and Son at the same time). The Father is the divine Spirit and the Son is the body -image (express image) of the Father in human form (God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself).
Monarchians*believe when we get to heaven we will see one God; the Father in the bodily form of Jesus on one throne.
Adoptionist Monarchians, Bitheoist, Arians, Logoist, believe when we get to heaven we will see two Gods; God the Father on one throne and God the Son (Greek intermediate Logos) on a throne on his right hand.
Trinitarians*believe when we get to heaven we will see three Gods; the Father on his throne, the Son (Greek intermediate Logos) on his throne on the right hand of God the Father, and the Holy Spirit on his throne.

WELL THEY ARE ALL FALSE DOCTRINES AND DOGMAS CREATED BY SATAN FOR MAN TO FOLLOW TO PULL US FURTHER FROM GOD'S HOLY TRUTH...*

the GODLY TRUTH is that my LORD JESUS CHRIST was a DUAL BEING IN ONE BODY... meaning from birth to before his water baptism with John at the river Jordan... my LORD JESUS CHRIST was ALL 100% FLESH... AFTER my LORD JESUS CHRIST water baptism GOD THEN ENTERED MY LORD JESUS CHRIST and became GOD'S TABERNACLE/INDWELLING... being GOD INDWELLED IN HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON... making my LORD JESUS CHRIST indwelled with 100% GOD... making my LORD JESUS CHRIST 100% MAN and 100% GOD at the SAME TIME IN ONE BODY... yet at the Garden of Gethsamene GOD left the body of my LORD JESUS CHRIST and now my LORD JESUS CHRIST is now once again 100% MAN... the PERFECT SACRIFICIAL LAMB... but after the resurrection my LORD JESUS CHRIST was once again 100% MAN and 100% GOD....

for when Phillip asked to see GOD my LORD JESUS CHRIST replied when you see me you see the father and when you see the father you see me for we are ONE... for my father is in me as i am in the father... for my LORD JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY begotten son of GOD who has seen GOD FACE TO FACE...*

yet they are not like how we perceive ONE... for when one is married you see the husband and wife... but when one is completely absent... either the husband or wife... you only see the one... BUT with my LORD JESUS CHRIST and GOD... YOU ALWAYS SEE THEM FOR THEY ARE ONE...*

also GOD is a SPIRIT as stated in JOHN... therefore GOD and the HOLY SPIRIT are the selfsame... so there goes two off the bat for the trinity belief... and we are down to GOD and my LORD JESUS CHRIST... yet they are not two... BUT ONE IN THE SAME... therefore GOD HAD 3 ROLES OR PARTS BUT NOT 3 DIFFERENT BODIES... FOR MY LORD JESUS CHRIST HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BODY OF GOD IN FLESH IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH... it's not the eternal son of GOD but a sonship role created but shall be done away with in the NEW EARTH AND NEW JERUSALEM... for my LORD JESUS CHRIST had a beginning and an ending... this is THE GODHEAD MYSTERY...*

this is why in JOHN... Thomas says... my LORD and my GOD... at the resurrected LORD JESUS CHRIST...

could post so much more but it's long enough for now but will show more as to scriptures in old and new testament of this GODLY TRUTH to those who truly seek the truth or want to understand or try and show me i'm the one in error...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2013
If Yashu'a is God then who was he Praying to in Matthew 6 ; 9 - 13 , He says , '' Our Father Who Art In Heaven '' , So he's not God or otherwise he would've been ( Praying To Himself ) . Let me point out to you that Yashu'a was an Israelite . It is common sense that Yashu'a would not ( Violate ) such a powerful Israelite Judaic command as the worship of God alone ( Exodus 20 - 3-4 ) By claiming ro be that very God whom he prayer to in Matthew 26 ; 39 , And I Quote ; And he went a litte farther , And ( Fell On His Face ) , And ( Prayed ) . Saying , O my ( Father ) .

Think about it , It doesn't make much sense for Yashu'a ( To Pray To Himself ) . If Yashu'a was
God . ( He Wouldn't Have No Need To Pray Because If He Did , To Whom , Would He Pray ? )

In several quote in The New Testament Yashu'a made it clear that you are to worship ( God / Yahuwa ) And not him . When he made reference to God / Yahuwa . He used The Third Person Singular '' Him '' Not The First Person Singular '' Me . In Yashu'a says And I Quote ; And Jesus answered and said untoi him . Ge thee behind me ; Satan ; For it is written , Thou shalt worship the lord thy ( God ) And ( Him ) only shalt thou serve '' < He Said Worship ( Him ) Not Me ) .
No man's body ( Can Contain God ) . Now if you mean that he has The Essence of his Father in Him . Then all men are God's Sons and Daughters , Read ( Genesis 2 ; 7 ) When God breathe into man the breath of life ; '' And The Lord God Formed Man From The Dust Of The Ground And Breathed Into ( His Nostrils The Breath Of Life ) ; And Man Became A Living Soul . ''

However , Getting back to the point whether he incarnated or came himself , There still wouldn't be any need for him to pray or ask for assistance ( From Anyone ) if he was God , The Creator . Can't you see that ? Not only would he not need to Pray , He would have no desire to Eat Meat . ( Luke 24 ; 41 ) , Beg That Death Passes Him ( Matthew 26 ; 39 ) . Fear And Ran For His Life ( John 18 ; 3 ) Which mean that '' God '' Has to run from his Creations . It seems like you totally ignored all of these Scriptures and found one that sound good to you , And ( Built A Whole Doctrine From It ) .

Another quality that Yashu'a did not possess according to Romans 13 ; 1 and 2Corinthians 1 ; 23 , Is the power to assign the Souls their positions in the Hereafter . According to the author of these 2 Books which was Paul , Only The Heavenly Father possess such power . Exalting Yashu'a beyond the truth is shown to be a form of ( Idolatry ) . Once again in Matthew 7 ; 21 , Yashu'a tells people to do the will of The Father . And I Quote ; '' Not every one that saith unto me , ( Lord , Lord ) shall enter into the ( Kingdom of Heaven ) ; But he that doeth the will of ( My Father ) which is Heaven ....

In both Luke 4 ; 8 and Matthew 4 ; 10 , We come across an incident that clearly contradicts the concept of Yashu'a claiming absolute divinity . According to these Two references Matthew 27 ; 46 and Marked 15 ; 34 , Yashu'a was put on the cross left to die . Then according to crucifixion Yashu'a cried in a ( Loud Voice ) . And I Quote ; Matthew 27 ; 46 , And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice , Saying , Eli , Eli , Lama Sabacthani ? That is to say , My God , My God , Why hast thou forsaken me ? ''

No man's body ( Can Contain God ) . Now if you mean that he has The Essence of his Father in Him . Then all men are God's Sons and Daughters , Read ( Genesis 2 ; 7 ) When God breathe into man the breath of life ; '' And The Lord God Formed Man From The Dust Of The Ground And Breathed Into ( His Nostrils The Breath Of Life ) ; And Man Became A Living Soul . ''

However , Getting back to the point whether he incarnated or came himself , There still wouldn't be any need for him to pray or ask for assistance ( From Anyone ) if he was God , The Creator . Can't you see that ? Not only would he not need to Pray , He would have no desire to Eat Meat . ( Luke 24 ; 41 ) , Beg That Death Passes Him ( Matthew 26 ; 39 ) . Fear And Ran For His Life ( John 18 ; 3 ) Which mean that '' God '' Has to run from his Creations . It seems like you totally ignored all of these Scriptures and found one that sound good to you , And ( Built A Whole Doctrine From It ) .

Another quality that Yashu'a did not possess according to Romans 13 ; 1 and 2Corinthians 1 ; 23 , Is the power to assign the Souls their positions in the Hereafter . According to the author of these 2 Books which was Paul , Only The Heavenly Father possess such power . Exalting Yashu'a beyond the truth is shown to be a form of ( Idolatry ) . Once again in Matthew 7 ; 21 , Yashu'a tells people to do the will of The Father . And I Quote ; '' Not every one that saith unto me , ( Lord , Lord ) shall enter into the ( Kingdom of Heaven ) ; But he that doeth the will of ( My Father ) which is Heaven ....

In both Luke 4 ; 8 and Matthew 4 ; 10 , We come across an incident that clearly contradicts the concept of Yashu'a claiming absolute divinity . According to these Two references Matthew 27 ; 46 and Marked 15 ; 34 , Yashu'a was put on the cross left to die . Then according to crucifixion Yashu'a cried in a ( Loud Voice ) . And I Quote ; Matthew 27 ; 46 , And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice , Saying , Eli , Eli , Lama Sabacthani ? That is to say , My God , My God , Why hast thou forsaken me ? ''