the importance of addressing the issue at hand.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
I have done a few posts on here and notice a common denominator.

When someone presents a point of view. the replies do not address the texts used but rather people bring in other texts to uphold their own view.

Does the scripture contradict itself?
Is God divided?

God forbid. I make it a habit to not only use extra texts to support my view but also address the very texts used to disagree with my view.

Now I hope you understand that I am not trying to say I am right and everyone else is wrong.

My point is this. If a true seeker comes in here and says I have a problem with such and such a text. or this is my view because of what it says in such and such a text, then address the very texts they are using. If they are mislead then you should be able to use those very texts to show their error. Yes you may have to add other texts outside but at least address the texts they use.

otherwise you are making the bible seem contradictory.

If you cannot address the very texts they use then your view is not as established as you may think.

I see this all the time, someone says their view and posts their texts, So I first address the very texts they used and show how they have missused them. but in reply they just go to other texts els were and then you do the same thing to those texts and they run to some other texts.

that is called running from the problem and is nothing more than spiritual stubberness.

If you can not stand where you start then maybe you need to rethink your position.

I take this advise on personally also.

Just something common I have noticed on here.

Blessings all

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Often times, if someone disagrees with what a verse is saying, it is easier to post other verses that say the same thing in a different way. Rather than argue over the meaning of a single verse. Its usually not the verse that is the problem but the concept that the verse seems to show one person but not another.

Its interesting how God's word is seen differently depending on what you believe before-hand. God seems to not mind if people don't want to see the whole truth. He lets them look at a little at a time. Baby steps...

M

midwestbob

"God is truth, so how well a person serves the Lord is not dependent on how artfully he can defend his doctrines, but on his willingness to seek out and follow the truth." - Ellis Skolfield.

Sadly many are more interested in proving their doctrine correct then searching for truth. When that occurs it is common for people to ignore verses that bring their view into question or in some cases prove it wrong. There is no reason that we should not bring these verses being ignored to the table. Sticking to the issue should not place constraints on what Scripture is used.

L

Laodicea

We also need to be careful we do not put our interpretation into the Bible but, let the Bible interpret itself
2 Peter 1:20
(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

E

eternally-gratefull

As was said earlier. many people take one verse and try to make a doctrine out of it. Scipture is a book, it has one idea, it can not contradict. Many times you have to bring other verses in to show the interpretation given by the person is causing a contradiction elseware. like james for example.

we can't take one verse and make a doctrine out of it. In fact the bible was not even written in verse form, it was written in paragraph form. sadly, the thing which was to help us remember and find words has been turned, and people take these verses, distort them and make a doctrine or belief which does not correspond with all of scripture.

When jesus metioned the abomination, he did not say, remember dan 9: 27. When you see it. run (At this time there was no such thing as Daniel 9: 27, It was a book written by daniel thats all) . He said, when you see the abomination mentioned by daniel.

People back then would have read the paragraph which had this statement in it, in the book called Daniel). and look at the whole thing for context. Not just take one verse, and assume they know what it means.