E
ErieBear
Guest
The best thing about being a new born Christian is the availability of strong emotion to rise up when you're agitated and pissed. It's the devil's work, yes, it triggers your old you to eat what you've worked for (so far).
I'm an F-group leader of ten lovely highschool-ers who look to me as their example for their faith. To guide and facilitate them in every aspect of their spiritual life. We share things that we don't normally share to others such as life's misery, love-life, social struggles, money matters, and whatnot. Most importantly, we share great and mighty things about our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We are bonded with the covenant that we signed up for the Lord and we stand as one in serving Him alone. We deal with each other's struggles in any areas possible. Prayers, devotions, services, and fellowships are our accountability check every time we meet.
They are the reason why I couldn't care less about my pride when faced with a very pride-trigerring-situation. I am accountable to them as I am accountable to God. Can they see what I'm doing? No. Would the know that I fought back? No. Can they figure out that I've sinned? No. But you see, God can. He sees every move that I make, every thought that came up, every prejudice that I have, and every sin that I make.
I've been misjudged my entire life with the same people I love the most. I've lived my life believing that there's only one person in this world that will never judge me and that I've never met who it was. Imagine how frustrating that is. But God was good to me even before I've met Him. Since I was born, He had given me a gift of forgetting things so easily and not taking things personally (being in my situation as a kid, you'll need a lot of that). But the work of the devil always gets in the way. That gift I was supposed to use for good was veneered by pride. Pride and hatred that I kept for 12 years. You see, that's why it still haunts me when people are being judged that easily. Whatever you say, however you do it, it still touch that sensitive part in me where I was caged for a very long time.
But then after I reflected, prayed, repented, and consulted my dear friend about it, it made me realize that I'm using my pride again for the same reason I had before. It is inexcusable for me to be like that since I have been saved by God and is now doing my best to live in His terms. For one, I did what I needed to do and I did it in a very nice way. Knowing me, knowing how I use to handle things in my own resort, I could have easily put a big argument out of my pride. As what my friend said, it might be a challenge of God to me, because He knew who I was. Thankfully, I was able to managed it by not imposing my point or what I think is right.
What we think of righteousness may just actually seem like a dirty rug in the eyes of the Lord. That's how unbiased His standard is. So no one should judge. How can we, humans, know? What's important is the heart of a person-always. If one's heart beat in time with God's, then we're fine. What we do, we are accountable to God, no unbeliever nor believer can condemn anyone for that matter. Love is the basic foundation of our Faith. What Jesus did on the cross is the pure manifestation of His love towards us and it is our own will and desire to show the same thing to unbelievers and believers as well. He saved us when we are yet still sinners, so how can we judge someone based on their small unconscious mistake? There are ways to settle issues and one of the famous way is to converse with a pure intention of settling.
I've been 19, and that time was a difficult phase because I was still undergoing hormonal changes. I know how stupid and irrational I was. Narrow minded I was and it was never my fault nor anyone in that age. These are just petty issues, I now understand that because I'm of age and I'm pretty much sure that some people will as well. ^^, I can be self-righteous when I was 19 and that's never a bad thing.
In this post, I didn't quote any bible verse. As much as I badly wanted to, I didn't because I never want to use the word of God to anyone especially if the people involved has the same faith as I have. I believe that the Word of God should never be used to support my judgement or analysis for it is God who has all the Authority for every judgement.
ANYWHO! XD I know everything will submerge for the greater good, be at peace brethren! May Godbless us!
I'm an F-group leader of ten lovely highschool-ers who look to me as their example for their faith. To guide and facilitate them in every aspect of their spiritual life. We share things that we don't normally share to others such as life's misery, love-life, social struggles, money matters, and whatnot. Most importantly, we share great and mighty things about our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We are bonded with the covenant that we signed up for the Lord and we stand as one in serving Him alone. We deal with each other's struggles in any areas possible. Prayers, devotions, services, and fellowships are our accountability check every time we meet.
They are the reason why I couldn't care less about my pride when faced with a very pride-trigerring-situation. I am accountable to them as I am accountable to God. Can they see what I'm doing? No. Would the know that I fought back? No. Can they figure out that I've sinned? No. But you see, God can. He sees every move that I make, every thought that came up, every prejudice that I have, and every sin that I make.
I've been misjudged my entire life with the same people I love the most. I've lived my life believing that there's only one person in this world that will never judge me and that I've never met who it was. Imagine how frustrating that is. But God was good to me even before I've met Him. Since I was born, He had given me a gift of forgetting things so easily and not taking things personally (being in my situation as a kid, you'll need a lot of that). But the work of the devil always gets in the way. That gift I was supposed to use for good was veneered by pride. Pride and hatred that I kept for 12 years. You see, that's why it still haunts me when people are being judged that easily. Whatever you say, however you do it, it still touch that sensitive part in me where I was caged for a very long time.
But then after I reflected, prayed, repented, and consulted my dear friend about it, it made me realize that I'm using my pride again for the same reason I had before. It is inexcusable for me to be like that since I have been saved by God and is now doing my best to live in His terms. For one, I did what I needed to do and I did it in a very nice way. Knowing me, knowing how I use to handle things in my own resort, I could have easily put a big argument out of my pride. As what my friend said, it might be a challenge of God to me, because He knew who I was. Thankfully, I was able to managed it by not imposing my point or what I think is right.
What we think of righteousness may just actually seem like a dirty rug in the eyes of the Lord. That's how unbiased His standard is. So no one should judge. How can we, humans, know? What's important is the heart of a person-always. If one's heart beat in time with God's, then we're fine. What we do, we are accountable to God, no unbeliever nor believer can condemn anyone for that matter. Love is the basic foundation of our Faith. What Jesus did on the cross is the pure manifestation of His love towards us and it is our own will and desire to show the same thing to unbelievers and believers as well. He saved us when we are yet still sinners, so how can we judge someone based on their small unconscious mistake? There are ways to settle issues and one of the famous way is to converse with a pure intention of settling.
I've been 19, and that time was a difficult phase because I was still undergoing hormonal changes. I know how stupid and irrational I was. Narrow minded I was and it was never my fault nor anyone in that age. These are just petty issues, I now understand that because I'm of age and I'm pretty much sure that some people will as well. ^^, I can be self-righteous when I was 19 and that's never a bad thing.
In this post, I didn't quote any bible verse. As much as I badly wanted to, I didn't because I never want to use the word of God to anyone especially if the people involved has the same faith as I have. I believe that the Word of God should never be used to support my judgement or analysis for it is God who has all the Authority for every judgement.
ANYWHO! XD I know everything will submerge for the greater good, be at peace brethren! May Godbless us!