The key to victory over the battles you are facing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
Whenever you feel weak (and by weak I mean depressed, angry, frustrated…) go somewhere quiet, take your bible and read a few verses. For me its really hard to focus and read when I am upset but I'm telling you if you force yourself to do it God will encourage you and give you strength. Gods word is encouragement for us, It is our foundation, we need to build our lives upon the rock, upon God. If we don't build our life on the rock we will be shifting sand, and sinking sand, apart from God we cannot stand. (Gods word says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. -John 1:1) This should bring perspective to how important Gods word really is, Gods word is the rock and our foundation and if we do not read His word we wont make it!! I'm reminded of verses from Joshua as a reminder for both of us. "[SUP]7 [/SUP]Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. [SUP]8 [/SUP]This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. [SUP]9 [/SUP]Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1
and also from Proverbs 4

"My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Do not let them depart from your eyes;
Keep them in the midst of your heart;
[SUP]22 [/SUP]For they are life to those who find them,
And health to all their flesh.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Put away from you a deceitful mouth,
And put perverse lips far from you.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Let your eyes look straight ahead,
And your eyelids look right before you.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]Ponder the path of your feet,
And let all your ways be established.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]Do not turn to the right or the left;
Remove your foot from evil."

Another thing that really helps fight depression, is worship which is also thanksgiving. When we worship God regardless of how we are feeling God goes to work! The battle belongs to the Lord, we need to hold our peace and trust in God and know that He is fighting for us. When we get all worked up its because we're not trusting God!!! The moment we trust God anxiety flees!

Jehoshaphat in the bible was in a bad place where armies too big for them to defeat were coming up against him and his people. Now in our life that would represent the really hard stuff that overwhelms us, stuff that could run us over and defeat us if we relied on our own strength. Now Jehoshaphat was scared and he didn't know what to do but he did one thing right, he didn't run to men to ask what he should do, the first thing he did was pray and he said "...we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”2 Chronicles 2:12 Isn't that an amazing prayer! Oh how I can relate to it...how often do I panic because I know that I cannot defeat the battles by myself and isn't that the whole point! We need to be solely dependant on God! We are over comers THROUGH Christ Jesus not apart from Him! Our victory is from the Lord, He is the one who makes us prosperous! If we just keep our eyes on God and look to Him and give Him our battles then He will fight for us, He will bring us victory, we need only to hold our peace and holdfast to Him placing our trust in Him. Now after Jehoshaphat prayed that prayer the Lord answered him saying "‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. …17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.”

After hearing this good news Jehoshaphat began to worship God…
“18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the Lord, worshiping the Lord. 19 Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and of the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with voices loud and high.” verse 20 “Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.” 21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying:

“Praise the Lord,
For His mercy endures forever.”

So here you have a man facing a problem, He cries out to God, God tells Him to not be afraid because the battle belongs the Lord, he says stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.” So God has given him good news! God has told him that he has victory in Him and that He need only stand still and wait upon the Lord. So here’s the step we often miss, God has told us again and again through His word that we have victory in Him, that we are over comers through Him and that everything that is under Jesus feet is under our feet! God’s word says “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 Jesus came so we may have life and have it more abundantly. We do not approach battles striving for victory, but we already have the victory through Jesus. Having victory doesn’t mean that we will never feel the fire, having victory means that we can be thrown into the fire and not be burned. When we are thrown inside the fire we will find the fourth man in there and the smell of smoke will not be on us! (Daniel 3)

God has given us the good news of victory through Him now we need praise and worship Him! We need to accept His good news and have faith and wait to see our deliverance. When we are truly worshiping God we are surrendering everything to Him and placing our trust in Him and praising Him for His goodness to us.

“Praise the Lord,
For His mercy endures forever.”

22 NOW WHEN THEY BEGAN TO SING AND PRAISE, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. 23 For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another.

24 So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped.”
2 Chronicles 20

We battle not against flesh and blood. (Ephesians 6) When we worship God the enemy gets confused and they cannot prosper against us as long as we keep our eyes on the Lord and submit everything to Him. The enemy got so confused they were self slaughtered and NOT ONE escaped. The enemy was completely defeated. Whenever we surrender everything to the Lord the enemy has no ground at all for victory.

(This is part of a letter I wrote someone today and the revelations are from God. It's not particularly well written, I did not edit it or correct the spelling and grammar so please excuse me if there is mistakes but I hope you are blessed by the message) Thanks if you took the time to read it.

May 3, 2013
Oh, thank YOU for the kindness of those words of encouragement.

"...we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”2 Chronicles 2:12

Our eyes are IN HIM, because the battle belongs to the Lord.

This is a golden key
:)

May 3, 2013
"(..) It's not particularly well written, I did not edit it or correct the spelling and grammar so please excuse me if there is mistakes but I hope you are blessed by the message (...)

If you ever plan to edit, I only remember few things I saw mistyped. Besides, I have
made more mistakes than you.

Thanks!

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
secularhermit;bt6245 said:
Oh, thank YOU for the kindness of those words of encouragement.

"...we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”2 Chronicles 2:12

Our eyes are IN HIM, because the battle belongs to the Lord.

This is a golden key
:)
Yes that is the key, and if our eyes are on Him then our actions will support that.
If we are always stressed out, worried and anxious, are our eyes really on Him? Are we really placing our trust in Him? True worship is not only done by singing to God but it our living testimony, may all the glory be given to God.

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
Amen sis.

Thanks for sharing this. I've learnt this too, that refuge in the Lord is the safest place and to rest under his shadow, because he protects us, and loves us. We shouldn't let our peace get shaken by anything :)

It was a beautiful post.

God bless you sis. Much love

May 3, 2013
Lyd;bt6249 said:
Yes that is the key, and if our eyes are on Him then our actions will support that.
If we are always stressed out, worried and anxious, are our eyes really on Him? Are we really placing our trust in Him? True worship is not only done by singing to God but it our living testimony, may all the glory be given to God.
But I am the kind of person who carries on his things. I´m not used to wait, to be patient, and these days I´m learning the lesson of patience just by attending a hospital.

I´m not the type of person who sings or worship Him with praises, but that who gives written testimony of things like you, those I have lived up; because I´m convinced He needs nothing from me. It is I who needs HIm, instead.

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
secularhermit;bt6255 said:
But I am the kind of person who carries on his things. I´m not used to wait, to be patient, and these days I´m learning the lesson of patience just by attending a hospital.

I´m not the type of person who sings or worship Him with praises, but that who gives written testimony of things like you, those I have lived up; because I´m convinced He needs nothing from me. It is I who needs HIm, instead.
I'm reminded of the passage where Jesus is baptized by John is baptized by Jesus.

[SUP]"13 [/SUP]Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. [SUP]14 [/SUP]And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”
[SUP]15 [/SUP]But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

[SUP](16 [/SUP]When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[SUP][a][/SUP] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. [SUP]17 [/SUP]And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”)

You know that praying can also an act of worship? When we pray its not about getting something from God, or trying to convince God to change is mind. It's not God who changes but we change, when we pray it is us coming into line with Gods will and getting into agreement with Him. When you worship God through Praise its not that God needs our worship, but its us fellowshipping with Him and it is a manifestation of our complete dependence and need for Him. I would encourage you to go back to Psalms, David is voicing his sole dependence on God.

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
Rachel20;bt6250 said:
Amen sis.

Thanks for sharing this. I've learnt this too, that refuge in the Lord is the safest place and to rest under his shadow, because he protects us, and loves us. We shouldn't let our peace get shaken by anything :)

It was a beautiful post.

God bless you sis. Much love
Thanks for taking the time to read it and the time to comment, I appreciate it. :)

Your comment reminded me of the Bible verse from Psalm 17
"Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,"