The Kingdom of Heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 23, 2013
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3, NIV)

Dear Christians, dear Children of God, dear Sisters and Brothers of Christ Jesus, dear Daughters and Sons of God, dear fellow Saints,

During my studies of the Holy Bible (NIV) and my real life experiencies the Holy Spirit made me come to the following conclusion about the Kingdom of Heaven or the Kingdom of God, which is the same:

The Kingdom of Heaven was founded by Jesus Christ around the year 46, when Jesus died at the cross and lateron ascended into heaven. At the same time Jesus was inaugurated as King of the Kingdom of Heaven and is presiding His Kingdom till today and furtheron for ever and ever, eternally.

We now, Christians, Children of God, Sisters and Brothers of Christ Jesus, Daughters and Sons of God, Saints are the citizens of this Kingdom of God! We live in this kingdom for ever.

Amen

Welcome in this thread and let's praise God together!

Jan 10, 2013
:)

And why then does the bible talk of Christ's return and the end of sin and death?
Jesus died in 46? Really? Based upon what evidence?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well the kigndom of god is inside us and all around us, this is why Jesus said repent for the kingdom of heaven is near! He was speaking of when the holy spirit came upon the apostle in the form of a tongue of fire, this is when the kingdom was established in us

Feb 23, 2013
:)

And why then does the bible talk of Christ's return and the end of sin and death?
Jesus died in 46? Really? Based upon what evidence?
To your first question,
my answer is this:
The end of sin and death has already happened. It always happens, when a humen being like you and me become true believers in Christ. That was the end of sin and death for you and for me! Then Christ has return into you and me!

To your second question,
my answer is this:

[h=3]John 2:19-22[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?”

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

[SUP]20 [/SUP]They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” [SUP]21 [/SUP]But the temple he had spoken of was his body.
[SUP]

[/SUP]

Feb 23, 2013
Well the kigndom of god is inside us and all around us, this is why Jesus said repent for the kingdom of heaven is near!
Right. And remember, "to repent" comes before you enter the kingdom of heaven. You enter the kingdom of heaven when your mouth speaks truely something like this: Yes, I believe in Jesus Christ!
[SUP]Acts 16

New International Version (NIV)
[/SUP]The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. [SUP]30 [/SUP]He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
[SUP]31 [/SUP]They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

or:
Romans 10

[SUP]9 [/SUP]If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [SUP]10 [/SUP]For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Jan 10, 2013
To your first question,
my answer is this:
The end of sin and death has already happened. It always happens, when a humen being like you and me become true believers in Christ. That was the end of sin and death for you and for me! Then Christ has return into you and me!

To your second question,
my answer is this:

John 2:19-22

[SUP]18 [/SUP]The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?”

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

[SUP]20 [/SUP]They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” [SUP]21 [/SUP]But the temple he had spoken of was his body. [SUP]
[/SUP]
Oh. In this passage Jesus is talking about his body. The other people don't understand and think he is talking about the physical worship place, the temple in Jerusalem - which took 46 years to build. As with many things Jesus said, the pharisees don't understand. They take his words literally. As you seem to have done with this passage. They were wrong.

The death and sin that Jesus will destroy are the literal death and sin.
I would also suggest that after we are baptised into Christ we are no longer bound to sin - but that does not mean we are incapable of sin. That is why we pray for forgiveness. Why would Jesus tell us to pray for forgiveness if sin is something we can't do? If being in Christ had killed sin and death we would not be able to sin or die. I'm pretty sure that, until he returns, we will all die. That is what the resurrection at his return is all about. Death cannot be destroyed until those not in the Book of Life have suffered 'the second death' - the last thing to be destroyed is death.
The Bible says these things. It even says where Christ will return (the place where ascended, i.e. Jerusalem). And we are not in Jerusalem so he has not 'returned in us'.

Do you really believe you are immune to sin and death? When I hear people say such things it really worries me.

Jan 10, 2013
[SUP][/SUP]Romans 10

[SUP]9 [/SUP]If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [SUP]10 [/SUP]For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
But please remember
Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Luke 13:25-27 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,' then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.' But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
You can't just take the verses that fit in with your beliefs and ignore those that fly in the face of them.
Beliefs must come from the whole Bible.

Feb 23, 2013
Do you really believe you are immune to sin and death? When I hear people say such things it really worries me.
My body is not immune to sin and death, but my Spirit of God is! And that is the subject the Bible is talking about. Our body is just a burden as long as we live on earth.

Don't be worried! Because:

Isaiah 8
[SUP]11 [/SUP]This is what the Lord says to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people:
[SUP]12 [/SUP]“Do not call conspiracy
everything this people calls a conspiracy;
do not fear what they fear,
and do not dread it.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy,
he is the one you are to fear,
he is the one you are to dread.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]He will be a holy place;
for both Israel and Judah he will be
a stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.
And for the people of Jerusalem he will be
a trap and a snare.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Many of them will stumble;
they will fall and be broken,
they will be snared and captured.”

Feb 23, 2013
You can't just take the verses that fit in with your beliefs and ignore those that fly in the face of them.
Beliefs must come from the whole Bible.
Isn't it just you who is doing this? Please don't judge others if you do not want to be judged yourself!

By the way: I read the Holy Bible several times word by word. That means nothing by itself, I know. But I know also that I'm saved. One should not fight the Holy Spirit, because this sin will not be forgiven!