the law of Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Is the law of Christ different from the law of Moses?

Of course, we know we are not under 'it' anymore, for the new testament tells us so...

Galations 3:25 - 'But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.' KJV

Romans 6:14 - "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

OK, that said, that ^ above is not really the crux of this thread's intended meaning.

Hmmm, ok, but what about Galatians 6:2....

Galatians 6:2 - "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."

Different sounding verse, isn't it. So what does God mean by this, 'law of Christ' having been fulfilled by bearing another's burdens (troubles, pain, sorrow, of finances, of emotional thinking, etc.) spoken through Paul?

Any other verses with similar meaning?

Note: The Lord leads, the wonderful servant, Becky216, is credited for this inspired thought to me, as He leads me. Galatians 6:2 verse is from her doing a thread titled, 'Positive Change,' in the 'Singles Forum.' You really should go and read her threars, they are Lord-led, quite magnificence of revelation and help (hope) for you in your life. She IS led.

The Lord leads me, too, always, this I always pray, in Spirit and what I speak as my understanding of His Truth :)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hermanodaniel

Nope the Law of Moses pertains to the flesh or the old man which is to be counted as dead. The Law of Christ is the sacrificial love we are to show in the spirit which requires death to our flesh. See my comments in the thread asking whether we should keep the commandments to inherit eternal life.

G

GreenNnice

Nope the Law of Moses pertains to the flesh or the old man which is to be counted as dead. The Law of Christ is the sacrificial love we are to show in the spirit which requires death to our flesh. See my comments in the thread asking whether we should keep the commandments to inherit eternal life.
)))))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Here is a verse that's food for thought... :)
Good words, herm :)

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love."

^ The law of Christ ^ ?

Jul 12, 2012
Galatians 6:2 - "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."
This my friends, is the new covenant "animal sacrifice".
You can be a pair of doves, a goat, a calf, a pile of grain, etc. depending on the scenario.
But you can't be the unblemished Lamb of God. :p

Peace!

Oct 31, 2011
[

Of course, we know we are not under 'it' anymore, for the new testament tells us so...
In all my study of the OT, I have never found a scripture saying that anyone made their selves holy through their works since time began, only by grace. The NT talks of some of the people of the OT still alive hundreds of years after their physicall death, works have never saved, so it had to be grace. They were told to obey, we are told to obey.

Galatians 3:25 - 'But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.' KJV
This relates to the rituals God had Jews do to help them, like dietary laws, circumcision, etc. The Jews were requiring converts to do them in order to be accepted. It doesn’t refer to the entire law of Moses. Those are God principles; the principle of love is expressed in them. God wouldn’t speak against God.

Romans 6:14 - "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."
Isn’t it WONDERFUL! God has always been God; it has always been through his love and mercy. And through what Christ did for us!

OK, that said, that ^ above is not really the crux of this thread's intended meaning.

I don’t think that God singles out Christ as the only God. Our Father our creator, Christ who died for our sins, and the Holy Spirit to guide us. If we were to follow what God taught about bearing each other’s burdens and how He wants us to live it would be a life of sharing, of joy, of not judging but let God do the judging, of acceptance, dancing, and feasting.

The Holy Spirit leads ALL believers lives, wants to. Are you letting Him lead yours ?

G

GreenNnice

[In all my study of the OT, I have never found a scripture saying that anyone made their selves holy through their works since time began, only by grace. The NT talks of some of the people of the OT still alive hundreds of years after their physicall death, works have never saved, so it had to be grace. They were told to obey, we are told to obey.

This relates to the rituals God had Jews do to help them, like dietary laws, circumcision, etc. The Jews were requiring converts to do them in order to be accepted. It doesn’t refer to the entire law of Moses. Those are God principles; the principle of love is expressed in them. God wouldn’t speak against God.

Isn’t it WONDERFUL! God has always been God; it has always been through his love and mercy. And through what Christ did for us!

I don’t think that God singles out Christ as the only God. Our Father our creator, Christ who died for our sins, and the Holy Spirit to guide us. If we were to follow what God taught about bearing each other’s burdens and how He wants us to live it would be a life of sharing, of joy, of not judging but let God do the judging, of acceptance, dancing, and feasting.

Excellent, redmansion :)
Once in His Love understanding, of Him and others, as He leads us in Spirit and Truth our walk is light :)

G

GreenNnice

Just wanted to 'bump' a little more Love into the bible discussion forum :)

Hey, and what about 1 Corinthians 9:21, does that verse there speak of the 'law of Christ?'

How so :)

"To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law."

Does this verse speak of Galations 6:2 and 'the law of Christ?'

Let's look at another verse, Christ peeps...

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

This is 1 Cor. 9:21 , How does Paul want to 'gain' the Jews?

Now let's look at another verse for reference, Galatians 2:19

Galatians 2:19: For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.

Now let's look at 1 Cor: 9:22

To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

So we Christians are to become as 'weak,' so that we can bring 'some' to Christ.
This is gain, earthly gain. This is....

....Love :)

When Christ asks you to become 'weak' Christ peeps, what does this mean?

H

hermanodaniel

Yep spot on bro we are called to win people over no matter what as long as we don't conform to the world which then means we wouldn't be obeying the Law of Christ. To become weak is to reach out to those who have not mature in the faith. Paul was visiting those in the synagogue every sabbath and even though he was not obliged to observe the sabbath in the letter (that is the physical rest) he went anyway to reach those who misunderstood but not to judge them on that but to correct them in love and understanding. Another example would be those who choose to eat meat or not. We don't judge them and in love we choose to respect whatever their preference all for the sake of edifying one another in fellowship and in love.

G

GreenNnice

Yep spot on bro we are called to win people over no matter what as long as we don't conform to the world which then means we wouldn't be obeying the Law of Christ. To become weak is to reach out to those who have not mature in the faith. Paul was visiting those in the synagogue every sabbath and even though he was not obliged to observe the sabbath in the letter (that is the physical rest) he went anyway to reach those who misunderstood but not to judge them on that but to correct them in love and understanding. Another example would be those who choose to eat meat or not. We don't judge them and in love we choose to respect whatever their preference all for the sake of edifying one another in fellowship and in love.
Most excellent response, herm, when we understand how to help others, and, doing so, not of self, not of law, but of Christ who is in us, why THEN the Lord will lead us greatly, in Spirit, and, by His great Truth revealed, more and more, greater, greater :) Woo-woo, w-wOW! WHAT a dynamic that is ! Learn to be doing things in Love with folllowing Him, not just Loving Him with all your heart, mind, soul, not just Loving others but FOLLOWING Him, 'in Love with doing the things He leads you to do, listening to His voice, hearing His grace and mercy spill forth as He leads you to faithfully act . And, in so doing, you are doing things in Love with Him, and, this, of no doubt, will cast a mighty shadow of Love over all you come in contact with.
It might sound difficult to understand 'this' law of Christ but once you are in Love with following Him you will no longer see anymore darkness, just Light :)

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The Law of Moses was given to bring Yahshua the Messiah into the world..

Now many believe that Yahshua the Messiah is Yahvah God in flesh.

So why then do they make the Law of the Messiah?

If Yahvah God gave his Commandments in the Old testament and you believe Yahshua the Messiah is God in flesh then where does the Law of the Messiah come from?

For Yahshua the Messiah testified himself that not one jot will disappear from the Law and anyone that teach so will be called least.

For Yahvah God change not and you acknowledge he came in flesh, so why then say there be a different Law given?

Yahvah God of the Old testament came in flesh to bring Salvation, Truth and understanding... to show us the Light, to teach us love and compassion.. to teach us worship in Spirit and Truth.

When he teach the Pharisees the Law it be not a new Law he bring, but understanding of the 10 Commandments that were wrote in stone and how they could not be kept with the flesh first...
Of how they be Kept by the Spirit that will then blossom into actions of the Flesh.

When he told them to clean the cup inward he told them they were putting on an outward show that Yahvah God could not be fooled by, like they were fooling man...

He knows us inside out.. so when he say to look on a woman is Adultery he bring not a New commandment but the understanding of the Commandment.

The two Commandments he spoke here:

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

This summarizes his 10 Commandments, it is the essence of the 10... LOVE.

H

hermanodaniel

The Law of Moses was given to bring Yahshua the Messiah into the world..

Now many believe that Yahshua the Messiah is Yahvah God in flesh.

So why then do they make the Law of the Messiah?

If Yahvah God gave his Commandments in the Old testament and you believe Yahshua the Messiah is God in flesh then where does the Law of the Messiah come from?

For Yahshua the Messiah testified himself that not one jot will disappear from the Law and anyone that teach so will be called least.

For Yahvah God change not and you acknowledge he came in flesh, so why then say there be a different Law given?

Yahvah God of the Old testament came in flesh to bring Salvation, Truth and understanding... to show us the Light, to teach us love and compassion.. to teach us worship in Spirit and Truth.

When he teach the Pharisees the Law it be not a new Law he bring, but understanding of the 10 Commandments that were wrote in stone and how they could not be kept with the flesh first...
Of how they be Kept by the Spirit that will then blossom into actions of the Flesh.

When he told them to clean the cup inward he told them they were putting on an outward show that Yahvah God could not be fooled by, like they were fooling man...

He knows us inside out.. so when he say to look on a woman is Adultery he bring not a New commandment but the understanding of the Commandment.

The two Commandments he spoke here:

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

This summarizes his 10 Commandments, it is the essence of the 10... LOVE.
The Torah written in tablets of stone pertains to the flesh it exposes sin for what it really is and then slays you when you trangress it. The Law of Christ is the Law of the Spirit that imparts life as Romans 8 states. It gives life because it requires your flesh which is inflicted with selfishness and passion for the desires of this world to be dead. Who can love anyone when their flesh is dominated by sin which is provoked by the Torah in the form of the letter? No one! A slave to sin is just that a slave. One who sins as a slave means they are prone to break the Law and how can they begin to love their neighbor if they are prone to trangress the law?

G

GreenNnice

The Torah written in tablets of stone pertains to the flesh it exposes sin for what it really is and then slays you when you trangress it. The Law of Christ is the Law of the Spirit that imparts life as Romans 8 states. It gives life because it requires your flesh which is inflicted with selfishness and passion for the desires of this world to be dead. Who can love anyone when their flesh is dominated by sin which is provoked by the Torah in the form of the letter? No one! A slave to sin is just that a slave. One who sins as a slave means they are prone to break the Law and how can they begin to love their neighbor if they are prone to trangress the law?
We do not break the law of man, when we sin, we break....

...the law of Christ.

Ahhhh, my Christ peeps, we serve a great and merciful God, come to the throne of grace, and, give it to Him, and, sin no more, after that repented-of act. God is Love, for it can be no other way for Him. This should have you Love Him all the more.

Why, green? Because He first Loved you. He took the first step. OH, how He Loves you and me, OH, how He forgave you and me, what a way, dying the most painfulest of deaths for sins not committed, not ones, not one, no ones. But His Love, OH, YES!, His Love, the law of Christ is.... Love Him, Love others, everything else WILL fall into place, it will, it just will . Perfectly, Love Him, He does perfectly Love you, you know :)

Dec 19, 2009

Galations 3:25 - 'But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.' KJV

Different sounding verse, isn't it. So what does God mean by this, 'law of Christ' having been fulfilled by bearing another's burdens (troubles, pain, sorrow, of finances, of emotional thinking, etc.) spoken through Paul?

Any other verses with similar meaning?

Note: The Lord leads, the wonderful servant, Becky216, is credited for this inspired thought to me, as He leads me. Galatians 6:2 verse is from her doing a thread titled, 'Positive Change,' in the 'Singles Forum.' You really should go and read her threars, they are Lord-led, quite magnificence of revelation and help (hope) for you in your life. She IS led.

The Lord leads me, too, always, this I always pray, in Spirit and what I speak as my understanding of His Truth :)
There is only one law. Either you behave selfishly, or you don’t.

G

GreenNnice

There is only one law. Either you behave selfishly, or you don’t.
There is only one law we are to follow, His for us, the Spirit will lead us all personally in relationship. Worry not about not just tomorrow, and, it's troubles, for today has enough troubles in itself, Jesus says, but we also should worry jot about the next guy, just 'You follow Me,' Jesus commandedly, yet Lovingly, tells Peter in John 21:22.

'If I wil that he remains, what is that to you, you follow Me (John foretold by Jesus after resurrection that John won't die a martyr's death) .

This is the ultimate display of our Love: following Him. This wrap up the Loving Him with all our everything 1st commandment, the Loving others as ourself, and all the other commands thereafter.

Love Him, Christ peeps, by following Him, embracing His mercy, praising His grace unto you, and, , worshipping Him, as Scripture states, 'in Spirit and in Truth.'

Is this not 'the law of Christ' in its most broken-down understood meaning :)

Last edited by a moderator: