The law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
Paul taught that while the Old Testament is true it also has allegorical importance, (Gal 4:24). with this in mind let me speak openly beloved of God.

For I have heard much debate on whether we should keep the law/10 commandments or not. Let us examine the scripture and see.

Exo 24:9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
Exo 24:10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
Exo 24:11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
Exo 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

Moses is up on the mount with God and under his feet was stone of Sapphire. Then in verse 12 God says, "I will give thee tables of stone" this translation is wrong because it misses a word. it should read "I will give thee tables of the stone" The word the makes a big difference. thus "the" stone is a specific stone not just any stone. verse 10 tells us what "the" stone is. it was the sapphire stone, a blue stone. blue is the color of the law.

Num 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

Notice also the throne of God as seen by Ezekiel,

Eze 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

So the 10 commandments came from the throne of God, and they were also put in the most Holy place in the ark where dwelt the Glory of God. Now while Moses was with God getting directions for the sanctuary which was a shadow of the heavenly, (Heb 8:1,2). the Hebrews built an Idol and sinned against the Lord so that the Lord said to Moses,

Exo 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

But Moses plead for the people and for the Lords name,

Exo 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
Exo 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

So Moses heads down with the the tables of stone with the 10 Commandments. and when he saw what his people were doing,

Exo 32:19 And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

Moses broke the 10 commandments because of their great sin. notice what Moses does next.

Exo 32:30 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
Exo 32:31 And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
Exo 32:32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Moses goes back up to God and pleads for them offering His own life in place of their sin.

notice what happens next,

Exo 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
Exo 34:2 And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount.

Moses was instructed to hew out two tables of stone from the earth and take them up so that God could write the law upon them.

Now let me speak plainly, God made the earth perfect and brought fourth man in His own image. yet man sinned against God and thus deserved to die. however God sent Jesus who was the living law, the law of liberty and he came from the throne of God and was broken for our sins. but then he rose again and ascended into heaven offering his own sacrifice in our place. Then god wrote the law again but this time on earthly stone which is a type of our flesh.

Jesus kept the law perfectly, He was the law from heaven the 10 commandments of love exemplified in perfection, and if we behold Him we will be changed into the same image. For the scripture plainly states that God wrote the law on stone with his own finger.

Exo 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Jesus showed that the finger of God is the spirit of God.

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Luk 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

it is by this same spirit who wrote the 10 commandments on stone who will write them on our hearts.

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Jesus is the rock who came down to heaven and upon this rock will his church be built. As God spoke the 10 commandments to the Hebrews. so to Jesus is the word of God come down from heaven and broken for our sins.

Beloved of God, it is not by works lest any man should boast, but by the spirit of God through the blood of Jesus. Paul spoke of looking into the glass and seeing the Glory of the Lord, this glass is the Law of God by which we see the written image of love. Jesus is the pure example of the law of love. by beholding Him we are changed into His image. Thus it is the Lord who causes us to keep the law.

To say the law is gone is to do away with Christ, to say it can not be kept is to limit His power. God be praised.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
James 2

8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in onepoint, he is guilty of all. 11For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. 13For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
Love Keeps the law of liberty :)