The Lords Supper - Communion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Temple Shewbread also called bread of the Presence:

Lev 24:
5 And thou shalt take fine flour, and bake twelve cakes thereof: two tenth deals shall be in one cake.

8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.
(MY NOTE: The Priests were to Eat the Shewbread/Bread of the Presence WEEKLY)

Amplified Bible (AMP) - The parenthesis were placed by the translators, not me. Source links provided

Acts 20:
6 We sailed from Philippi after the days of Unleavened Bread (Passover week), and within five days we reached them at Troas, where we stayed for seven days.

7 Now on the first day of the week (Sunday), when we were gathered together to break bread (share communion), Paul began talking with them, intending to leave the next day; and he kept on with his message until midnight.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+20&version=AMP

Jn 6:
48 Jesus said; I am that bread of life.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
(MY NOTE: Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood: ""ye have NO LIFE in you"" Without spiritual life you. You will never be able to reproduce (soul winning)

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Cor 11:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
(MY NOTE: Jesus took the bread & BROKE it)

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
(MY NOTE: Every time you BREAK & Drink the cup of blessing. It's a memorial of Christ's sin payment)

I see compelling evidence for WEEKLY

(1) Temple priests ate the Shewbread/Bread of the Presence WEEKLY.

(2) Jesus life giving presents is in this communion Bread breaking.

In the Lord's Supper we ""Remember"" the past. The covenant that brings us the forgiveness of sins was ratified, or "cut," by the shedding of Jesus blood & His broken body. When we partake we are look forward to the future: ""you do show the Lord's death until he comes""

We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. The sacraments themselves do not save us. The Lord's Supper, "nourishes & sustains" those already born again, "His Church/Body".

Proverbs 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

22 For they are life unto those that find them, ""and health to all their flesh""

Ps 105:37 They ate the LAMB & the next day: Although many were old "NOT 1 WAS FEEBLE AMOUNG THEM!"