The Middle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

It appears to me we are watching a lot of "middle of the road"
believers. Or some would call it straddling the fence. This
reminds me of the Scripture " God would prefer we be either
hot or cold, but not lukewarm." REV.

I believe the time is coming where we are really going to need
to be quite serious about our walk and talk when we speak of
our faith in Christ.

No more believing in all roads lead to God. And no more making
it sound like we can sin and come back and say I have sinned
again. We cheapen Grace and what Christ did for us when He
took beatings and nails pierced into his hands and feet on a
Cross, and the Blood ran out of Him to cover our sins. He is
willing to forgive us when we repent. But to do it over and over,
it just won't work.

There is a time when one is either delivered and forgiven.
But to continue to struggle and putting yourself in a place
where you are tempted constantly, something is wrong and
it is time to get serious. No more straddling the middle.

Picture a two lane highway. You have a double line. One
for you to stay on your side of the road, and the other for
the another. One lane goes in one direction, and the other
lane going opposite direction. One will lead to Heaven
and the other will lead to hell. There is no way to get to
either place simply by staying in the Middle ~

God bless us all, and may He give us the courage to stand
up for Him and share the news of what Christ has done for
us because He is love. Let us be obedient Children of God.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm not to sure I accept the concept of a "middle of the road" believer...........

O

overcomer2

why not? Okay, how about warm. Not hot not cold. Middle, not left or right. I think it means the same thing.

Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
why not? Okay, how about warm. Not hot not cold. Middle, not left or right. I think it means the same thing.

Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
why not? well, because I don't believe a BELIEVER can be lukewarm..............

O

overcomer2

Well, maybe what we are talking about is those who believe they are believers yet are lukewarm sitting on the fence. The Lord obviously thought they were real enough to mention.

J

J-Kay-2

Exactly .... The middle is the lukewarm. There are people
who straddle the fence in the Christian walk. Or maybe we
should say Religious. Being a Christian is a Christ follower.
Religion is just whatever one wants to be.

We are so blessed to know we are on the side of Christ.

We can think of one side of the fence is Christ, the other Satan.

Choose this day whom you will serve. Can't straddle the fence.
Or walk in the middle of the road. You have to have direction
mapped out. Where are you going? Standing in the middle
of the road or straddling the fence ? Let's pray we are moving
on the side of Christ, not a Religion. ~ J-K-2

Dec 9, 2011
Well, maybe what we are talking about is those who believe they are believers yet are lukewarm sitting on the fence. The Lord obviously thought they were real enough to mention.
Hello overcomer2
What if someone were to say "since the word of GOD does not change"should'nt we try to keep the ten commandments?GOD said that if you love me keep my commandments,so i am asking you.. shouldn't we try to do what GOD said(i am trying to speak the way i feel a individual might be communicating/interpreting the word of GOD:(:p:confused::eek:How would i know if i am being lukewarm?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
He thought they were real enough to "spew out......" Does that sound like something He would do to His children?

See, to me it is not possible for one who is filled with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit to be "lukewarm." I'm not saying that there aren't people who "profess" to be believers who are "lukewarm," I'm saying I don't count such as these as disciples of Christ. It's possible that church congregations are full of such as these..........but in my opinion, they are not disciples of Christ...........and, from what He said, in His opinion either.

J

J-Kay-2

RE: Lukewarm (Rev.3)
1. The heavy charge drawn up against this church, ministers and people, by one who knew them better than they knew themselves: Thou art neither cold nor hot, but worse than either I would thou wert cold or hot, Revelation 3:15. Lukewarmness or indifference in religion is the worst temper in the world. If religion is a real thing, it is the most excellent thing, and therefore we should be in good earnest in it if it is not a real thing, it is the vilest imposture, and we should be earnest against it. If religion is worth any thing, it is worth every thing an indifference here is inexcusable: Why halt you between two opinions? If God be God, follow him if Baal (be God), follow him. Here is no room for neutrality. An open enemy shall have a fairer quarter than a perfidious neuter and there is more hope of a heathen than of such. Christ expects that men should declare themselves in earnest either for him or against him.
Matthew Henry