The miraculous, big and small

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 8, 2009
I find God doesn't often work miracles, but when He does it is usually for a purpose. But you know, sometimes He just does it because He loves us. There doesn't have to be a reason. God cares about the little things as well as the big things. Also, you might think God only heals the sick and casts out devils and saves souls. Well I'm sorry to say, God is so much more than that. He is intimitately concerned about every detail of our life... every hair is numbered remember. I'd like to share a couple of the more mundane or different miracles and coincidences in my life.

The Waiting Bus

Bus drivers in my city never wait for anyone. You could be just about there and they speed off without waiting. Yet one time I saw the bus accross the street, I was a block or two away. I prayed, "God, I want to catch this bus". Amazingly, the driver waited until I had crossed the lights, and gone to the stop. He had no reason to. No one else was getting on, he wasn't early. It must have been God.

The Broken Car

A fellow once asked me to pray about his broken down car. He had no money to pay for it to be fixed. So we prayed. Well a day or two later , two people unknown to the man came and paid it off, pointed to the right car, paid for it. The man was amazed when he went to the repair shop to ask if he could have more time to pay, to find it had already been payed for. I guess they were angels. Or two very in-tune people with the Spirit of God.

The Broken Camera

One day my $900 camera got dropped. It didn't work anymore. I decided to pray for God to "heal" it. And I can hear the close-minded ones reading this saying "That's not in scripture, you can't do that ,na na na na". lol. Yet, tap it three times, God said to me, at this particular angle. I did so. The camera worked. It has worked fine ever since. Now, God didn't really "heal" it. But He was able to tell me how to fix it without pulling it apart or taking it to the repair shop.

The Car Ride Home

I was at a party once, had a few drinks and all. Amazingly, two fellows I just met there, wanted to talk about God. So we did. I also had no way of getting home. One of them gave me a ride home, in his really expensive sports car!!. and along the way we discussed the things of God and was able to encourage Him. God's coincidences, and provision, and a really fun ride.

The Ceiling

One time my ceiling got watermarked due to internal ceiling flood. I prayed and the water really dried up before my eyes.

The Multiplying Food

One time there was not enough food for everyone to eat. Well, it really did pan out like the feeding of the 5000, but it was more like feeding of the 10, church family. Enough for everyone.

God's Pest Control Service

You can pray and ask God to help you with any pest control problem. Mosquitos, lizards, cockroaches, whatever. God can kill them flat, or tell them to move out and find another home.

I realise that when God says to pray about everything, He really does mean everything, big or small, silly or serious. You never know if and when and what miracle God might do to answer your prayer.

Php 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by
prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be
made known to God.

Mar 9:23 Jesus said unto him, Ifthoucanstbelieve,all thingsarepossibletohim that believeth.

C

chelsers

I really like this. I've actually been trying to get back in shape and I've never been a runner. I pray before my workouts and throughout and He really does give me the strength. It may sound trivial, but I totally agree with you, He does care about even the things that we think are little.

That's why when I pray, I pray for strength, that His will be done and that I be able to understand as much as He wants me to understand. When you start paying attention, you realize that these miracles happen all the time. If you ask Him into your heart, He's there, and in every aspect of our lives.

D

DansChance

Very cool post! Jesus loves us all and is very interested all our lives. Amen

A

Aliciaforjesus

Cool post!

The Pest control thing I know this to be true in my own life! :)

I live in an apt. complex that is over run with roaches, my apt. is the only one that does not have roaches!

Everybody in the apt. complex do not understand and ask what I do to keep them away, I tell them I asked God to keep them away!

But as they see all the other things God does in my life it becomes a wonder to them, and A sign, a hope,
They open their own hearts to believe in a God who is Real!

A

Adri

Hi Alicia,

This is a nice reminder that our God controls even the roaches. He is real and is able to do above all that we can ever ask or think. If only we would just ask.

L

Lauren

I really enjoyed reading this thread. I've had lots of these little "God-incidences" happen over the years; now I wish I had written them down as they happened so I could look back over them.

I did have one recent one though. With my husband gone to the hospital, and everything that's been going on in my life, I've been quite stressed. Not having even a moment away from my two children has compounded that stress. We live in a neighborhood with mostly senior citizens, so they don't have anyone to play with.....usually. A couple of days ago, we found out that some young children live down the road, and voila, I now get a little time to myself each day when the kids get together to play!

I hope I can recall some of these other wonderful touches from God so that I can share them too.

A

Aliciaforjesus

Hi Alicia,

This is a nice reminder that our God controls even the roaches. He is real and is able to do above all that we can ever ask or think. If only we would just ask.
So true,

Ask and believe!