The movie Blade Runner...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 20, 2011
I had kind of a weird thought this morning and I want to challenge some of you to give me an answer to this....

If you seen the movie Blade Runner made back in the 80's with Harrison Ford. One of the main characters is this android. She's the second generation of that android. (pic below). She had gotten implantable memories of her childhood years. So she thought she was completely human. It's only after she found out she was in danger and some other stuff did she realize that she was actually a replicant. (an android).

Okay, now consider this....

Take the same scenario. You got an android that is made to think it's human. So it finds out about Christianity. (remember it thinks it's human) So it decides to accept Christ as it's personal lord and savoir. So the android is a Christian for a number of years. Believes no different than any one of us do. Believes that when they die they'll go to heaven.

Then one day the android finds out that it's actually just an android. It's not human. Has no soul and I guess therefore couldn't be saved or go to heaven. Do you think this kind of thing could actually happen in the future? And if so what happens to the android when it finds out it's not human and not saved? Food for thought. ;-p (now I really got you thinking, at least I hope!)

C

CanadaNZ

I don't think this is an issue or problem. Leave it to God if this even ever happens, which is probably rather unlikely.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Thats one of my all time favorite movies. The problem with the question is that real androids wouldn't have feelings. Only humans have feelings and can think freely. I know there are some very simple robots now that can learn how to walk by themselves, but their creators instilled a program in them which makes them try different movements until they acheive a pre-programmed goal. The robots aren't actually thinking, it just appears like they are.

Oct 20, 2011
Thats one of my all time favorite movies. The problem with the question is that real androids wouldn't have feelings. Only humans have feelings and can think freely. I know there are some very simple robots now that can learn how to walk by themselves, but their creators instilled a program in them which makes them try different movements until they acheive a pre-programmed goal. The robots aren't actually thinking, it just appears like they are.
Ya that's interesting. So it appears they are thinking but actually it's just a program acting itself out. So it would appear that the robot has decided to accept Christ. It would appear that they might be sad after they find out there not actually human and that none of it applies. It would appear as if over and over again. But actually what's really happening is just functions of a computer program acting themselves out, even if it's well done enough to fool us into thinking it's actually acting the way a human would act. That's a weird thought.