The movie fireproof

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

collective

The movie Fireproof, Weak, People have got to toughen up in a hard marraige, and you dont change the subject whilest in an arguement each time you are humbled Or "defeated" in an arguement, insteading of accepting, learning and appreciating what each other does, Im sorry I think she deserved the outpoor of her husbands anger and frustrations for her mouthing off rather than talk and starting the fight and Its okay to have dreams to build because he can bring you along with him or her, If you build your partner up,you will be built up with him,her, If you pull him her, down you gown with him,her. you never know what potential your Partner in marraige can bring to make your lives a happy lives if you let them or let yourself,

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2009
1:.....wow, that was all one sentence...
2: Fireproof was a great movie

C

collective

I couldnt what anymore after the initial argument

S

Searching4somethinglost

fireproof was an awsome movie, i love the part where he spazes out on his computer and his neighbour is watching xD
the mr.rudolfs (or whatever his name was) say to his wife "hes weird i dont want you talking to him" then his wife replies "takes one to know one"
XDXDXDXD

Dec 12, 2009
fireproof was an awsome movie, i love the part where he spazes out on his computer and his neighbour is watching xD
the mr.rudolfs (or whatever his name was) say to his wife "hes weird i dont want you talking to him" then his wife replies "takes one to know one"
XDXDXDXD
that was one of the best parts.....XD

K

KristenNicole

I personally thought it was an awesome movie, Ive watched it several times and recommomend the movie and the book to anyone... The Book was really awesome.. I even bought the "Love Dare" book as well.. pretty cool stuff..

Feb 23, 2009
I loved the movie I really did, will admit it made me Cry but then again it seems I'm always crying about something now a days and well I'd watch it again and maybe watch it with my parents but it'd mean going out in this nasty weather so yeah anyways I'd seriously watch it over and over again.

S

Serbe

Great movie!!I think that i must to do same thing with my computer.

C

collective

Id appreciate a response from someone who is married,and possibly doing it tough, Yes I finally could whatch the movie the rest of the way and can appreciate its message, but is it realistic,and not just a "lovely" movie I appologise for not making myself clear, sometimes in a marraige for it to work you must make those sacrifices for it to change, I appreciate that girl sticking tto her guns making her husband work real hard to make things change and to win her love back, because the more you are being real to your self and your husband the better, marraige can be hard sometimes for some christians. I ifound it hard to whatch the first time round because I thought it was another corny low grade movie but I think its good to reflect on marraige along it, personally depending on how strong you are as a person to be that patient with your husband or wife and with yourself would be very difficult, thats what i mean by being realistic

G

greatkraw

Id appreciate a response from someone who is married,and possibly doing it tough, Yes I finally could whatch the movie the rest of the way and can appreciate its message, but is it realistic,and not just a "lovely" movie I appologise for not making myself clear, sometimes in a marraige for it to work you must make those sacrifices for it to change, I appreciate that girl sticking tto her gunsmaking her husband work real hard to make things change and to win her love back, because the more you are being real to your self and your husband the better, marraige can be hard sometimes for some christians. I ifound it hard to whatch the first time round because I thought it was another corny low grade movie but I think its good to reflect on marraige along it, personally depending on how strong you are as a person to be that patient with your husband or wife and with yourself would be very difficult, thats what i mean by being realistic
what is it with women; it is their mission to change the guy to suit her - not the other way round

O

OreoSoleil

I need God to change my heart -- I can't change any man -- as much as our understanding tells us they need to change. If I change -- it is the best for everyone.

C

collective

I was a broken person when i met my husband and he was a hard man who became controlling, God showed me how to get strong on him and I got alot of ground and strength back and he has softened alot and more easy to bend and approachable because I had something worth saying too and I learnt to believe that,Im also getting alot of clarity for what my past was about before I met him, now I can accept my present with the man I married and the kids I have, not every marraige is a bed of roses for every christian, but God is in all the marrages from the dreamy to the hell raising, just need to listen to what he says to have a marraige that is equal partnered not door matted

C

callthe5o

I LOVE FIREPROOF!!!! the meaning behind the story was so heart-touching. If he didnt find god, there relationship would have been gone!

Dec 12, 2009
I LOVE FIREPROOF!!!! the meaning behind the story was so heart-touching. If he didnt find god, there relationship would have been gone!
Yeah, it was really great!

M

Matthew

One of the things I didn't really like about this film was that the premise did not require either of them to be to blame for the marriage problems, they could have just had it be that over the years the couple had slowly stopped putting in the effort needed to keep their marriage healthy and so got to the point where neither was happy.

But as often happens they based the marital problems on one of them, in this case the husband, making mistakes and being selfish and then made the film about one spouse making up for past mistakes and earning back the love and trust of the other, I would have enjoyed the film significantly more if it had been a bit more even.

So much focus in the film was the husband trying to redeem himself through the love dare while his wife was getting close to another man having been the one to initiate divorce proceedings, I like the message and enjoyed most of the characterisation, but this film could have been a lot better.