The Mysteries of Snow

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2019
Well here we are and another winter is on top of us, literally! Snow, wind and blowing snow! Most years we always have a nice gentle first snowfall, but nope, not this year. It came screaming in.

What I love the most about snowstorms are the day after. Well I guess everyone loves it when it’s all over, but really I love looking out at everything all covered in white. I am reminded of the Book of Job. GOD asks Job about snow and hail do you know what are in their storehouses, have you entered in? Job 38:22 KJV “Have you entered the storehouses of snow or observed the storehouses of hail,”

Snow is like a blanket that covers. The blood of Christ covers our sin. Isaiah 1:18 KJV “Though your sins be as scarlet they will be as white as snow.” Hail is truth and takes away the refuge of lies, in Isaiah 28: 17.

It’s interesting though that they are in storehouses/treasure houses. WHY? Well there is a two fold meaning here. It says Christ was slain BEFORE the foundation of the earth. GOD has always exisited, and there is no time for HIM, but only from our perspective does time matter. So the blood of CHRIST is indeed a “stored treasure” if you want to call it that, for all time. The blood covers for all time. WAS, IS, and WILL BE!

There is also another meaning associated with all this. This word “store” is associated with pressing, pressure, a narrow way. JESUS is that narrow WAY. HE was pressed.

Now what is the end result of snow and hail. They melt to water. The SPIRIT of TRUTH will satisfy thirst. John 7:37-39 KJV “Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'” But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.”

When we are pressed by the truth and covered, our thirst, is satisfied too! Job knew the pressing, even if he did not understand it at first, and was restored.

All Glory and Honour is Yours Almighty Father through your Son, JESUS CHRIST!

Attachments