The Needs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

maerose

Why do most christains spent most time going things that are not edifying than discusing the word of God?, It seem like most people looking for pleasure than God first.

Dec 19, 2009
I think we all need a little fun in our lives. I think the Lord tries to make our lives fun. However, we sometimes try to do things our way, rather than his way, and get ourselves into trouble, right?

M

maerose

that is so true, thanks for the correct explanation.

Apr 13, 2007
Honestly, one word. Pride. They worry about who's right and wrong rather than edifying, just because God gave two different people a different message does not mean either of them are wrong. It's called the LIVING WORD for a reason. He is the word, and speaks to us on things. I've read scripture before, and gotten many different meanings and messages from it. We're suppose to uplift, inspire, encourage, etc. we must humble ourselves before the Lord, seek Him, etc. Now I know the Lord wants us to enjoy life, and have fun, but we can and should do that in keeping Him as the foundation of all things. There's certain things a Christian should and shouldn't do. If it's something that is shameful, sinful, or whatever we don't need to partake in it. We can do things in life that are both fun, and also bring honor and glory to the Lord.

I know God doesn't want us to be all dried up and sour towards the world, or anything, but He did say not to conform to the ways of the world. Maybe I'm old fashioned or something, granted I'm young lol but still. The word of God says what profiteth a man if he gain the world, but loses his soul? I much rather have no friends ever in this walk of life, than to lose my soul, and end up in hell, eternally separated from my Father. In fact, I've given up many what could of been friendships and things because I refused to do things I know aren't right. If God be for me, who can be against me! We are NOT of this world, just in it.

The enemy tempts us to try and make us be drawn away from the Lord, but God's word says that with temptation, He also provides a way out, and that He will NOT suffer us to be tempted beyond such as is common to man, and we won't be tempted by more than we can bare. we're more than conquers through Christ Jesus, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, and He already over came the world glory hallelujah!

We must stop letting the enemy win, we must over come the fleshly desires to do things our own way, get out of a carnal state of mind, and be spiritually connected with the Lord, walking in, living in, and being led by the Spirit.We must be still and know that He is GOD!Rest in Him.seek,knock,ask,listen,just be totally still. Oh I could go on forever about this, I have so much to say, but I'll stop here. Hope maybe this helped shed some light on this subject, and gave an answer to your question. Great question, to make one stop and think.