THE NEW TESTAMENT: Recovery Version?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Friends, What do you know and think about Witness Lee and the Local Church, of Anaheim, CA, Living Stream Ministry? What do they teach, and is it sound and orthodox? What do you think about their New Testament translation?
THE NEW TESTAMENT: Recovery Version. Text translated by The Editorial Section, Living Stream Ministry. Outline, footnotes, charts, and references written by Witness Lee. Copyright 1991 by Living Stream Ministry and Witness Lee. Anaheim, CA: Living Stream Ministry.

Have you heard about the old "Mindbenders" book controversy from Rev. Fr. Jack N. Sparks? and his view of the Local Church. It ended up in a decision of the courts in favor of the Local Church.

Take care. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

S

Scotth1960

Friends, What do you know and think about Witness Lee and the Local Church, of Anaheim, CA, Living Stream Ministry? What do they teach, and is it sound and orthodox? What do you think about their New Testament translation?
THE NEW TESTAMENT: Recovery Version. Text translated by The Editorial Section, Living Stream Ministry. Outline, footnotes, charts, and references written by Witness Lee. Copyright 1991 by Living Stream Ministry and Witness Lee. Anaheim, CA: Living Stream Ministry.

Have you heard about the old "Mindbenders" book controversy from Rev. Fr. Jack N. Sparks? and his view of the Local Church. It ended up in a decision of the courts in favor of the Local Church.

Take care. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
Friends, This maybe an irrelevant question, because I think I may not have enough time to extensively study and analyze every "church group" that comes along in the name of Christ. The people of Living Stream Ministry in Anaheim, CA, and their former teacher, Witness Lee, who has since passed on, have a right to believe and to worship as they will. They seem to be just another dispensationalist group; at least their founder, Watchman Nee, was a sort of dispensationalist Chinese Christian from a group of Protestants similar to the Plymouth Brethren. Except among the Chinese, not the British. In any case, they had a magazine, Affirmation and Critique, that I read in the 1990s, and it was very informative. Some of the teaching seemed okay, but they did not promote their own group's special doctrines too much in it. They seem to have been somewhat ecumenical and talking about general Christian themes; granted, these were not holy eastern Orthodox Christian themes! So beware of them as we should! Take care. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

musiclover123

Sep 6, 2009
I am unsure of what their exact doctrines are, but I do have a New Testament Recovery Version from this group. I have found some of the footnotes and diagrams in it helpful, but I don't use it much otherwise. I also received a few other booklets from them that seem interesting, but that I haven't read thoroughly.