The Number Seven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

3dPenguin

Anyone know why the number 7 appears so many times in the bible?

I've done some looking and it's use as a symbol of a bond, a promise and oath fits most for me.

This number has been popping up all around me lately, ever since I gave myself to God. Maybe it's a call to remembrance of my decision.

Life got no easier, but that number started popping up.

For instance as I pondered this I looked up at the clock and it was 11:57 5+2 = 7 and 7 is 77

maybe I'm reading into this, but it's everywhere I look now.

anyone else out there seen this? :eek:

3dPenguin

ok, I check the thread for the first and there's been 7 views

that's it

I'm done doubting

there's such a thing as beyond coincidence.

I'm Gods....no more back stepping

3dPenguin

rofl, I come in to send a pm and figure why not see if anyone has replied and the views are now 21....3 x 7

you know...I truly Love God.

he's here and in control

he must be so proud of his son Jesus.

I'll tell you folks I can't think of Jesus without smiling, weeping or both, so much love, so much wisdom, his word is precious to me.

I'd like to leave you with this, it's a beautiful song about Jesus, have a listen and praise him:

YouTube - Christafari - Messiah

truly, worthy is the lamb

God Bless and peace to you

F

FreedomFighter827

There are a number of numbers that are significant in the bible, also the amount of times words or phrases come up, maybe the reason the number 7 keeps coming up for you is that God is trying to tell you something, ie. Do you keep the Sabbath? if not, maybe God is trying to tell you you should, other examples, 40 is the number of testing. The rain for Noah, fell for 40 days and 40 nights, Jesus was tempted in the Desert for 40 days days and nights, Israel wandered in the desert for 40 years... or that the phrase "fear not" is written in the bible 365 times, a daily reminder from God that as Christians we should live life fearlessly... you get the point

themusicmiss

Apr 1, 2010
It's been said that 7 is Gods number and 6 is mans...infact, apparantly the full calculation with the initials of the word "COMPUTER"-as this is supposedly what rules this generation adds up from lots of sixes or something....haha, I'm no expert at this but it had association with 9/11 too. I'm not sure if it's true but when I heard about it it made sense...like wow. Not in a bad way but maybe like a prophecy? and it goes right back to the whole 6 number thing.

But yeah, i wondered the same....7 days He created....the 7 churches.....hmmm

themusicmiss

Apr 1, 2010
or that the phrase "fear not" is written in the bible 365 times, a daily reminder from God that as Christians we should live life fearlessly... you get the point
:O wow! I never noticed this(obv..haha) I wondered who had counted all the Fear-Nots to figure it out. Or is it just common knowledge? I cant get over it now haha...

F

FreedomFighter827

I have a new testament bible that has all sorts of good stuff in margins and squares.... I love it, but I also like me NIV that I have had forever, I usually cross reference them.

C

Crazy4GODword

Hey friend I do have a post about 7 and 12 and there is for some reason those numbers being talked about even Jesus said things in forms of 7 but hey maybe that is GOD's number as my opinion.

GBU all

M

MaggieMye

7 is the number of COMPLETION. On the 7th day God rested. All was finished.

12 is the number of GOVERNMENT; there were 12 tribes of Judah and that was the government of Israel.

1 = God
2 = Multiplication
3 = Godhead (Triune God)
4 = God's creative works
5 = Grace
6 = Man
7 = Perfection/completion/ fullness
8 = New beginnings (as in the 1st day of the new week/ also means Teacher
9 = judgment/ Evangelist
10 = journey/wilderness/nurture/pastor
11 = transition/standing in the gap/Prophet
12 = Government/Apostle
13 = rebellion
And there are specific meanings for many more, but not all, numbers.
Maggie

3dPenguin

wow, thank you all for the great information and links

There are a number of numbers that are significant in the bible, also the amount of times words or phrases come up, maybe the reason the number 7 keeps coming up for you is that God is trying to tell you something, ie. Do you keep the Sabbath? if not, maybe God is trying to tell you you should, other examples, 40 is the number of testing. The rain for Noah, fell for 40 days and 40 nights, Jesus was tempted in the Desert for 40 days days and nights, Israel wandered in the desert for 40 years... or that the phrase "fear not" is written in the bible 365 times, a daily reminder from God that as Christians we should live life fearlessly... you get the point
yea if it's a call to remembrance, that makes perfect sense.

I ran across this:

Seven-fold Qualification For Service
This is seen in Gideon, Judges 6.

1. Conviction as to his own humiliating condition, verse 11, as shown in verse 15.
  2. An exercised heart, verse 13, as caused probably by the prophet's testimony, verse 8.
  3. No confidence in the flesh, verse 15.
  4. Peace with God through grace; the peace of God through gift, verses 17, 18, 22, 23.
  5. Worship, verse 24.
  6. Obedience in small things, verses 25-27.
  7. Power for great things, verses 33-35 and chapter 7.
I can identify with all but the last and most with the one right before it right now. I don't have a church right now for instance.

so many good posts, thank you all

God Bless and keep you

it seems the bible discusion has 177 pages and the last post on the first pinned topic was by by Joy50777, there's that number again ^^

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
I don’t think we should attach too much importance to numbers.

Jan 21, 2011
I think it's interesting that _3_dpenguin first posted at 1:11 = 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

The next post was at 1:44, and 1+4+4 = 9 = 3^2. Also, 144 has two factors of 3.

The next was at 2:43, and 2+4+3 = 9 = 3^2 also. Not only that, but 243 is 3^5. Five powers of 3!

In his first two posts there are 12 lines for 1+2 = 3. In his first three posts there are 21 lines for 2+1 = 3.

Then FreedomFighter827 posted. 8 = 2^3 and 27=3^3. Two cubes.

There are many more, but to seal it, resurrection33 posted.

3dPenguin

I had never considered 3, but after looking I found this:

The number three, therefore, must be taken as the number of Divine fullness. It signifies and represents the Holy Spirit as taking of the things of Christ and making them real and solid in our experience. It is only by the Spirit that we realize spiritual things. Without Him and His gracious operation, all is surface work: all is what a plane figure is to a solid (John 3:6). He it is who has wrought all our works in us, and by whom alone we can serve or worship (John 4:24).

I've no doubt that God is here among us in the world, and although Jesus clearly says the world will look for a sign and non will be given it, he also says he takes his from the world, and then we no longer are of the world, the world wont be given a sign, but those who choose Jesus and truly love him, to them he'll show whatever they need to see. Jesus baptized us in us the holy spirit, the spirit teaches and comforts us......I didn't know about the three, but it fits right in with the seven and I don't believe in coincidence where God is concerned.

I've been told God is always talking to us, but we don't always listen. I truly believe this. All this just confirms my choice as the right one. I'm God's, thanks to Jesus.....wow the more I learn of Jesus the more I realize how much I've underestimate his Greatness and his Love.....thank you Jesus, I'm Glad your with the Father again, with greater glory than you had before the foundation, well deserved Glory....every knee will indeed bow

D

Dmurray

As Maggie said

7 represents wholeness, completion, or perfection.

:D