Well if there is only one person out there for someone to marry, then if one person marries the wrong person - doesn't that screw it up for everybody else??? LOL That's what one of my profs at school always says![]()
I didn't say there weren't couples who married into relationships that were wrong for eachother. Didn't even say that everyone has someone to marry. I just said i believe there is a distinct, known-by-God plan for my life and yours. That includes who I will marry - even, heaven forbit, if I lost a marriage and married again. I'm just saying that I don't need to worry about it. I don't need to fret over how it will happen or the details, or rack my brain figuring out the "right" way to search in trying to make it happen because I'm too lonely and I want it now.''
Not saying you can't keep your eyes out for that one, or that you can't search. I just think the general mentality of people who make a living out of searching for a soulmate is that they feel a need to make things work out how they picture it - and are, in fact, emotionally bound to do so - and generally distrust God to handle things. This can be evident in other parts of their lives as well, but the symptoms are abundantly clear when it comes to the spousal search. I'm just emphasizing that your priority should be a focus on developing a more trusting relationship with God, personally. You can meet someone along that road quite easily, and your motivations will make your realationship a LOT stronger and more Christ centered than if the potential mate is your focus (so you can get to know God together later). What you do in the mean time is between you and God. Just to clarify.