The Pain of AIDS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TashMeyer76

She lies
In a darkened meadow
She cries
Fleeing the shadow
Alone
Trying to breathe
Unknown
Lying beneath
Convicted
Awaiting her fate
Depicted
On a canvas of slate
She dies
Beneath the meadow
She lies
Alone in the shadow
Forever….

T

TashMeyer76

I wrote this poem for a Friend of mine who found out she had Aids, the unfortunate event following a life of fornication - a little too late to change her ways. She died a Child of God in the end.

A

AgeofKnowledge

African Americans make up only 12 percent of the United States of America (USA) population, and yet accounted for over 46 percent of all HIV diagnoses in 2011.

Between 2008-2011, African Americans accounted for 64 percent of all HIV infections among women; 67 percent of all HIV infections among children below 13 years old; 42 percent of all HIV infections among adolescent and adult males; 64 percent of all HIV infections among adolescent and adult females.

The estimated lifetime risk of becoming infected with HIV is 1 in 16 for African American men, and 1 in 32 for African American women, a far higher risk than for people of other ethnic backgrounds or races.

The rate (per 100,000 population) of new HIV infections is 8 times larger among the African American community, than that among white people, based on population size. Since the beginning of the HIV epidemic in the 1980s, over half of people who have died of AIDS-related illnesses were African American.

^ I have three words for the African American populace: celibacy before monogamy.

HIV & AIDS Among African Americans | AVERT