The Prayer Challenge

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rissa77

A high school student once told me that her goal is to spend 2 hours and 40 minutes of her day (10% of her time) in prayer.

She believes time is more precious than money. Although she tithes on her money, she believes the tithe of her time to be much more important.

Do you believe the same?

And seriously.. 2 hours and 40 minutes isn't much when you spread it out.

Instead of planning the day or clearing your mind in the shower, use the 20 minutes in the bathroom to pray.
Instead of a 45 minute lunch break, eat in the 15. Pray in the 30.
Same with dinner. Pray in the 30.
Instead of that show you love, pray in the 30.
While you're cleaning the house or doing your chores, pray in the 30.
And then after your nightly devotional and Bible reading, pray for 20.

That's 2 hours and 40 minutes right there. And we do so many other things that are just time-wasters.

And remember 1 Thess 5:17? PRAY CONTINUALLY.
Even so, He still wants out undivided attention. And we need it.

God will bless it. We need it. It's not hard. Why not?

Will you take the challenge?

I will be the first to admit I really need this. Who will join me?

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
For most of my life I prayed often and believed that how i lived my life was prayer. Three years ago I started spending one to tree hours every night in prayer and talking to Our Lord God. Doing this has brought more to my life and spirit than I ever could imagine. I thought I was giving to Jesus, instead all I gave was returned beyond mesure. Dedicating more time to prayer is a wonderful idea and I hope many will choose to do this. The one thing we have to offer Our Lord God is praise. God bless, pickles