THE PRAYER OF FAITH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 22, 2010
James 5:13-16

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.(14) Is anyone of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.(15)And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick well; the Lord will raise rim up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.(16) Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

God Bless "US ALL" <3

-"New International Version"

C

cmacneill

hey that is soooo true
God also said"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land"
2 Chronicles 7:14

N

NewStrength

Amen!! These are verses that we should keep in mind when experiencing hardship. I think it is defiantly important for us to remember how the Lord wants us to rely on each other. &#8220;Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.&#8221; Talking to one another about difficult situations brings healing. Sometimes when we confess to someone besides God, it is like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders, and therefore we are able to move on and continue the walk of faith.

L

Love009

AMEN guys!! Believe it or not perfect timing :)

L

living4Him93

prayer is so powerful, we need to remember that :)

C

cmacneill

amen!!! that is true th bible also says "do not be anxious about anything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your request to God" Philipians 4: 6

Nov 30, 2009
This is so good Ian! Seems to be completely relevant to things that have been happening around here recently too, everybody should take this piece of God's word into account and apply it! It's incredible to think of just how powerful prayer is, instead of complaining about our trials, our tests, our temptations..Pray! :)

R

riz_mahuzai

we're living in the last days now,,,,,as light of this world.. we should follow the steps of the disciples and even the life and principles of Paul.
being consistent with our prayer life and quiet time with our Father and on His word...
I encourage you brothers and sisters,,, let us live our life according to the word of God,,
because the word of God is the will of God...

Feb 17, 2010
not to offend anyone, but prayer has been proven in many studies to be useless and inconsistent

C

cmacneill

wow that might be the absolute most ridiculous and false thing i have ever heard in my life
prayer is real, pray is effective, and the only inconsistent thing about prayer is those who say them
we as people tend to be very inconsistent in our prayers but is that to be blamed on prayer itself? of course not
also, maybe the whole reason that the "studies", that you are talking about proved prayer as useless because their motives behind praying was useless, God being God knew and knows the heart of those who pray and due to that and many other things he can choose to not answer prayers
like Christ told the pharisees,
" 2He replied "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' 3and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. 4A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away." (NIV)
Mathew 16:2-4