the promotion of sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
THE PROMOTION OF SIN

Yes we are forgiven, yes God just loves us all of us. Now are we taking advantage of this grace? Not desiring to quit any and all sin, in response to this wonderful grace lavished on us all, in appreciation. We have been told we are not faithful, but God is. So in response to this since I am not faithful, is this in essence promoting sin?

I am told that my body is not redeemed, my flesh then is deceived me so I would continue in sin, but I would try to stop it and God will give me further forgiveness. So am I being deceived into the continuance of Sin from the energy of my own flesh? Do you agree with this? What a master plan of the evil spiritual warfare.

Do you really think God wants us to ever sin again when he came to take it away? I am hearing from all over Christendom that we are in unredeemed bodies so therefore in essence God understands our sin and we just keep on trying to quit in the energy of our own flesh our unredeemed bodies that will never quit sinning. Sounds good doesn’t it, gives me a fresh start to try all over again, I feel good about myself, especially as long as I ask for forgivingness; God understands and just loves me. You know like Adam and Eve well I guess I could eat of this tree God said I would die but you know God just love me, and this is true God just love you. But what about neglecting what God tells you would be the outcome. God is not a liar, but man is.

Look you all sin is being promoted by; you can’t quit sinning from clergy all over the world but you must quit and we as well who have fallen into this deception that we got to quit sinning in our flesh that is. And this is true coming from flesh the world, and all its traps to keep one sinning over and over.

There is an escape as we are also told about God providing the escape. This escape is through one dying to their own flesh that they were originally born with. Let us look at Scripture a little closer

Romans 6

6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Do you see this, are you listening, if you are dead to sin (flesh) then you can’t live any longer in it can you?

3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

So go to God in prayer and ask in private to show you this truth of what Paul is saying. Okay let us keep going on here

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

Paul continues to bring it home that we are to dead to the Flesh (Sin) and this can only be through death in the flesh. So we are usually left with we are still alive in the flesh because our bodies are not redeemed, so therefore sin that is condemned to the flesh in us is promoted through a false humility and we just can’t stop sinning. We are a deceived people.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Now re-read 8-10 then read verse 11 then re-read the whole and see in order to be with God here and now we need to verse 11

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

God has provided the way and the only way to life is through Christ after death to our flesh with Christ back at the cross, then God the Father will raise you back to life a new one where sin has been taken away in you now, from the new birth.

Just most people I have found do not go the distance and either do not care and do not believe or claim to believe yet still sin thinking they are good because they are forgiven already or they ask for further forgiveness. Never coming to the truth of dying today and every day to the flesh were all sin has been condemned to through the cross of Christ

1 John 3:4-6

4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him

So brothers and sisters if you are still sinning go to God and seek to be able to stop from God’s vantage point. But know this that this stopping from sinning is from and in God alone through you trusting God that the righteousness to stop, the ability is from faith

Romans 1:17

17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

True Faith (trust) in the living God produces in and through you the righteousness of God, you are no longer alive you are just a vessel used by God to bring in the sheep by God using your dead body.

All any of this takes is for you to believe by the operation of God you are first dead to the flesh and then made alive with God forever more.

You see just as Jesus said you must be born again read it John 3. If you are not dead to flesh you are not his, for he can’t raise you back to life as he did Jesus Christ. So start today reckoning yourself dead to flesh and alive to God. Continue this practice every day and you will start growing in his Grace, unto completion this might happen instantaneously or over a period of years, just have God become your complete dependency, and God will carry on the work needed to keep you in his arms resting

Homwardbound

Jan 11, 2013
THE PROMOTION OF SIN

Yes we are forgiven, yes God just loves us all of us. Now are we taking advantage of this grace? Not desiring to quit any and all sin, in response to this wonderful grace lavished on us all, in appreciation. We have been told we are not faithful, but God is. So in response to this since I am not faithful, is this in essence promoting sin?

If while we seek to be justified in Christ it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does this mean that Christ promote sin? Absolutely not! If I rebuild what I destroyed I prove that I am a lawbreaker
Gal2:16&17

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
If while we seek to be justified in Christ it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does this mean that Christ promote sin? Absolutely not! If I rebuild what I destroyed I prove that I am a lawbreaker
Gal2:16&17
[/SIZE]
Did you read the whole thing? noI am not saying Christ promotes sin I am saying this world does

Feb 21, 2012
THE PROMOTION OF SIN

I am told that my body is not redeemed, my flesh then is deceived me so I would continue in sin, but I would try to stop it and God will give me further forgiveness. So am I being deceived into the continuance of Sin from the energy of my own flesh? Do you agree with this? What a master plan of the evil spiritual warfare.

Do you really think God wants us to ever sin again when he came to take it away? I am hearing from all over Christendom that we are in unredeemed bodies so therefore in essence God understands our sin and we just keep on trying to quit in the energy of our own flesh our unredeemed bodies that will never quit sinning. Sounds good doesn’t it, gives me a fresh start to try all over again, I feel good about myself, especially as long as I ask for forgivingness; God understands and just loves me. You know like Adam and Eve well I guess I could eat of this tree God said I would die but you know God just love me, and this is true God just love you. But what about neglecting what God tells you would be the outcome. God is not a liar, but man is.

Look you all sin is being promoted by; you can’t quit sinning from clergy all over the world but you must quit and we as well who have fallen into this deception that we got to quit sinning in our flesh that is. And this is true coming from flesh the world, and all its traps to keep one sinning over and over.
<snip>
First, I will say that I did not read the whole post. . . .I do not like long post and would rather they be broken up into smaller ones . . .but oh well.

No one is advocating living in sin. I doubt any one on here doesn't have the desire given to them by the Spirit that now dwells within, to live sinless. The problem is, we do still live in flesh. . .the flesh and the spirit are at enmity to each other - we have the desire within us to do good but we sometimes find ourselves doing what we do not want to do. . .O wretched man that I am. . .who shall deliver me from the body of this death? IOW, death is the only thing that will deliver us from this wretched body of flesh.

God does make provision for us if we do sin. . .1 John 1:8,9 and Jesus Christ is our advocate and mediator who stands at the throne of God making intercession for us.

Sounds good doesn’t it, gives me a fresh start to try all over again
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. THEY ARE NEW EVERY MORNING: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS. . . .

R

rauleetoe

First, I will say that I did not read the whole post. . . .I do not like long post and would rather they be broken up into smaller ones . . .but oh well.

No one is advocating living in sin. I doubt any one on here doesn't have the desire given to them by the Spirit that now dwells within, to live sinless. The problem is, we do still live in flesh. . .the flesh and the spirit are at enmity to each other - we have the desire within us to do good but we sometimes find ourselves doing what we do not want to do. . .O wretched man that I am. . .who shall deliver me from the body of this death? IOW, death is the only thing that will deliver us from this wretched body of flesh.

God does make provision for us if we do sin. . .1 John 1:8,9 and Jesus Christ is our advocate and mediator who stands at the throne of God making intercession for us.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. THEY ARE NEW EVERY MORNING: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS. . . .
Actually..some have here. Some have gone to even the lengths of saying that repentance is no longer necessary. So if we did not repent, and we kept on going in our sin,are we walking in obedience to God, are we in step with God? Or do we deceive ourselves all in the name of holding onto 'a form of Godliness' that is packing in pretty looking cheap grace. True grace is never devoid or separate from human responsibility. If we say we love God,we got to back that up with our walk..not just talk. Sadly many just talk and talk, and are very eloquent with their words, but their heart is not right.
I have said this and have been accused of saying I knew who was is sin,and what sin they were in etc. Some will just detract. But I love how my favorite translation of the Bible says it,

and this is 1 john 3:7 in the Voice..
Children,don't let anyone pull one over on you. The one doing the right thing is just imitating Jesus,the Righteous One.

-------
There will be those..some here..some in your local sphere of influence..etc, who will try to pull one over on you and say that a forensic righteousness is good enough,that you can be righteous and still be living in sin. This is a contradiction..for it says to be Holy,as I am Holy..
Those commands were not given without the impartation of the Holy spirit that enables us to be able to right before God.
If you repent, that means you turn away from that which you at one time did and 'practiced as a sport'. You turn from that sin and towards God,and with that power of the spirit of God enabling you then you can live for him.

If we say we are christians, let's be honest and walk with him..Let's not excuse sinning consistently as we once did when we were in darkness. Collosians 3:7 in the KJV says..In which you once walked..(when you were alive in them)
If you once walked, that means you do not walk in that manner now!

E

eternally-gratefull

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Abiding

Actually..some have here. Some have gone to even the lengths of saying that repentance is no longer necessary. So if we did not repent, and we kept on going in our sin,are we walking in obedience to God, are we in step with God? Or do we deceive ourselves all in the name of holding onto 'a form of Godliness' that is packing in pretty looking cheap grace. True grace is never devoid or separate from human responsibility. If we say we love God,we got to back that up with our walk..not just talk. Sadly many just talk and talk, and are very eloquent with their words, but their heart is not right.
I have said this and have been accused of saying I knew who was is sin,and what sin they were in etc. Some will just detract. But I love how my favorite translation of the Bible says it,

Children,don't let anyone pull one over on you. The one doing the right thing is just imitating Jesus,the Righteous One.

-------
There will be those..some here..some in your local sphere of influence..etc, who will try to pull one over on you and say that a forensic righteousness is good enough,that you can be righteous and still be living in sin. This is a contradiction..for it says to be Holy,as I am Holy..
Those commands were not given without the impartation of the Holy spirit that enables us to be able to right before God.
If you repent, that means you turn away from that which you at one time did and 'practiced as a sport'. You turn from that sin and towards God,and with that power of the spirit of God enabling you then you can live for him.

If we say we are christians, let's be honest and walk with him..Let's not excuse sinning consistently as we once did when we were in darkness. Collosians 3:7 in the KJV says..In which you once walked..(when you were alive in them)
If you once walked, that means you do not walk in that manner now![/QUOT

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
`````````````````````````````````````````````````

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Question (without dealing with hairsplitting semantics) ....do you think that in order
to walk upright and live in obedience to God makes it necessary to remove a forensic atonement?

Or...do you really think people who believe in a forensic atonement believe that it is a license to sin?

I dont think they have anything to do with one another. Of coarse if weve been redeemed we ought to
walk as He walked. And if we dont im sure we havnt been redeemed.

What i see is that the war that goes on in the threads is always a sign of immaturity
or lack of naps, probably even a bagel deficiency:p

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The problem is people don't think there are consequences for sin. That because Jesus paid for the ticket, they get to party on the bus and all's good when they get off at the other end. All's NOT good, and many will be suprised at just how much their 'trip insurance' doesn't cover.

Easy salvation may promote licentousness, but that's on US not Christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

The problem is people don't think there are consequences for sin. That because Jesus paid for the ticket, they get to party on the bus and all's good when they get off at the other end. All's NOT good, and many will be suprised at just how much their 'trip insurance' doesn't cover.

Salvation is not easy, we know this by the few amount of people who trust in Christ alone for salvation. Humility is not easy, if it was, everyone would recieve Christ and eternal life.

C

cfultz3

Rick,

When you come across someone who does teach licentiousness, make sure you tell them obedience to God's leading is part of the package. But, if one is not teaching it, make sure they know you are not talking about them.

Feb 21, 2012

-------

I am NOT advocating a person walk in darkness. . .we are to walk in the light, I agree. IF God knew that we could live sinless then righteousness would still be by the works of THE LAW. Apparently, God knows us better than we know ourselves and he sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins so that we could have the righteousness of God. All of this is spiritually. . .spiritually we are justified, we are sanctified, we are redeemed, we have the righteousness of God. I don't know if you have children or not but I know that when my children were small I did not expect them to be adults, perfect/mature nor does God expect us to be perfect/mature in the FLESH. Heck, they are adults now and they still make mistakes, i.e. wrong decisions. . .but it is God which makes us perfect/mature in the spirit. . .before God we are perfect because he looks at the inside - not at the outside - NOTHING you can do will make you righteous!!!

Romans 3:21,22 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.

Romans 4:3-5 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 5:17-19 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. . . .

We do endeavor to walk in the light. . .we do endeavor to do that which is good. . .our desire is to do good. . and sometimes we do great but then something will come along and we just make a wrong decision. . .does that make me any less a child of God when that happens?

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
This reminds me of my best friend who says I am a carnal Christian and I just shake my head. And because of this he thinks he has a license to sin. What do you think will happen to Him? He does profess faith in Jesus Christ.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

Thank you and my point was for none of us believers to take this miraculous salvation for granted as some have and do, others have posted here on CC claiming they have to be sinless before God will accept them and this is not true to me anyway for I know how God has had Mercy on me and Changed me by his Love, thus finally recieving his type 1 Cor 13, therefore since this I have seen he has forgiven me complete back at the cross, therefore today I forgive and since he loves and loved is complete I love becasue I am Loved by God. In the Old Covenant before the cross one had to forgive to get forgiven and love to be loved. And Today the two Covenants have been mixed and this has caused a lot of confusion over the cross and what it did.
Anyway Thank you for your candid reply if only we all could just be candid without the emotion of hurt feelings and take everything as contructive criticism

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

-------

I hear you saying for those that believe they will carry onward to know and continue to know Christ and what Christ did, what the Old Testament Saints were looking forward to and waht the New Testament Saints are looking back to, But all in all we doi not want to sin anylonger and if we do we are very thankful for Jesus Christ our advocate to be able to approach the throne of grace in our time of need and seek from Father, truth that teaches us how to say no to that past act of wrong doing, and we can talk to Father because of Jesus Christ the righteous being our pinch hitter in our stead and Father sees through the Son at each one as righteous so that we are not dealt with on the basis of sin, because if we were dealt with that way today by Father we would all be dead. Soi I say thanks in the utmost appreciation and seek how to walk in Father's type of Love I found this to be by trust and one recieves 1Cor 13 Love spread abroad in thier hearts

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

I am NOT advocating a person walk in darkness. . .we are to walk in the light, I agree. IF God knew that we could live sinless then righteousness would still be by the works of THE LAW. Apparently, God knows us better than we know ourselves and he sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins so that we could have the righteousness of God. All of this is spiritually. . .spiritually we are justified, we are sanctified, we are redeemed, we have the righteousness of God. I don't know if you have children or not but I know that when my children were small I did not expect them to be adults, perfect/mature nor does God expect us to be perfect/mature in the FLESH. Heck, they are adults now and they still make mistakes, i.e. wrong decisions. . .but it is God which makes us perfect/mature in the spirit. . .before God we are perfect because he looks at the inside - not at the outside - NOTHING you can do will make you righteous!!!

Romans 3:21,22 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.

Romans 4:3-5 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 5:17-19 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. . . .

We do endeavor to walk in the light. . .we do endeavor to do that which is good. . .our desire is to do good. . and sometimes we do great but then something will come along and we just make a wrong decision. . .does that make me any less a child of God when that happens?
And therefore your reswponse is righteous as I think you showed here, for as the Corinthians took advantage thinking okay God already died for our sins and we are past tense forgiven, therefore we can just do whatever we want because we are forgiven, and I anm glad you are not seeing this grace as I can hurt my neighbor and just be forgiven and not punished, I am glad you see the Law is not for you it is for the Law breakers to lead them to Christ as you have already recieved and appreciate from your heart
Thankyou Peaceful believer

Feb 11, 2012
Lets bring the gospel according to godliness back into the picture here, God is a merciful and forgiving God, but not for those who think they dont have to repent, and stop sinning, and blame this disobedience on thier false sin nature!

Courtesy, Ray White:

"Repent"? Repent of WHAT?

Repent of Sinning, what else?

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. [John 8:31]

Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul [: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

(Act 17:30) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Pro 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Mic 1:2 Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple.

7... do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly? Doesn't he always bless those who do right?

If we don’t do judgment and love justice, but love the evil and hate the good...

2:1 Hear, I pray you, O heads of Jacob, and ye princes of the house of Israel; Is it not for you to know judgment?

Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. ..

2:4 Then shall they cry unto the LORD, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings.

1Ki 8:47 Yet if they shall bethink themselves in the land whither they were carried captives, and repent, and make supplication unto thee in the land of them that carried them captives, saying, We have sinned, and have done perversely, we have committed wickedness;

1Ki 8:48 And so return unto thee with all their heart, and with all their soul, in the land of their enemies, which led them away captive, and pray unto …

1Ki 8:49 Then hear thou their prayer and their supplication in heaven thy dwelling place, and maintain their cause,

1Ki 8:50 And forgive thy people that have sinned against thee, and all their transgressions wherein they have transgressed against thee, and give them compassion before them who carried them captive, that they may have compassion on them

(Job 42:6) Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

(Jer 26:13) Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.

Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;

(Jer 18:8) If that nation, against whom I have pronounced judgment, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.

Jer 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;

Jer 18:10 If that nation does evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

(Jer 26:3) If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.

(Eze 14:6) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.

(Eze 18:30) Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

(Eze 24:14) I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.

Jon 3:5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Jon 3:6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.

Jon 3:7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:

Jon 3:8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.

Jon 3:9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

(Mat 3:2) And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

(Mat 4:17) From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

(Mar 1:15) And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Act 20:21 [Paul was continually] testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

(Mar 6:12) And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

(Luk 13:3) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

(Luk 13:5) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

(Luk 17:3) Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

(Luk 17:4) And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

(Act 2:38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

(Act 3:19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

(Act 8:22) Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

(Act 26:20) But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

(Rev 2:16) Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them [you] with the sword of my mouth.

(Rev 2:21) And I gave her [Jezebel] space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

(Rev 2:22) Behold, I will cast Jezebel into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her, I will cast them into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

(Rev 3:3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

(Rev 3:19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Even a saved person can err from the truth and fall away from grace, being a sinner, headed toward eternal death in his sins.

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

DON’T DESPISE CORRECTION

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Rom 2:6 God will render to every man according to his deeds:

Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

BE NOT HYPOCRITES

Tit 1:16 They [hypocrites] profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honours me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [ “you must go to church” and tithing for example]

Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men ...

Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Cleanse yourself/stop sinning

2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently

Rom 6:1 Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom 8:9 …Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Jud 1:18 How that the prophets and apostles told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. [1 Tim 4:1 they DEPART from the FAITH and FALL AWAY. They don’t ABIDE in Christ. They fail to overcome]

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

(Jos 24:16) And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;

(Jos 24:20) If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

(Isa 1:28) And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

(Isa 65:11) But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.[idols]

Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

(Mat 10:10) Take no money for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet food: for the workman is worthy of his meat

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: as do the teachings of Hymenaeus and Philetus;

2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and they overthrow the faith of some.

2Ti 2:19 …Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

21 CEV That's also how it is with people. The ones who stop doing evil and make themselves pure will become special. Their lives will be holy and pleasing to their Master, and they will be able to do all kinds of good deeds.

21 ESV Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good

work.

21 GW Those who stop associating with dishonorable people will be honored. They will be set apart for the master's use, prepared to do good things.

2Ti 2:22 Flee youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This reminds me of my best friend who says I am a carnal Christian and I just shake my head. And because of this he thinks he has a license to sin. What do you think will happen to Him? He does profess faith in Jesus Christ.
I prayed for him and I know God will answer and he will come to grips with reality and see this miraculous grace of God is not meant to be taken advantage of, it is meant to appreciate but before one can truly appreciate it that one needs to be remorseful of the wrong(s) they have done to thier neighbor(s)
I have heard of the liscence to sin and that when one goes out and has this liscence I fell into that category and was straightened out by another CC chat member and today she what she has said, so I do not use that anymore, even though Paul did say that all things are permissable, but he then said not all things are beneficial, and I see what is not ever beneficial is harming anyone as not ever being beneficial, lying is harming, cheating is harming, stealing is harming, not listening is harming. So today I see why Paul said all things are permissable but not all things are beneficial and it is up to us to decide each one individually it was never meant as a liscence to sin

Feb 21, 2012

-------

If you once walked, that means you do not walk in that manner now![/QUOT

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
`````````````````````````````````````````````````

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Question (without dealing with hairsplitting semantics) ....do you think that in order
to walk upright and live in obedience to God makes it necessary to remove a forensic atonement?

Or...do you really think people who believe in a forensic atonement believe that it is a license to sin?

I dont think they have anything to do with one another. Of coarse if weve been redeemed we ought to
walk as He walked. And if we dont im sure we havnt been redeemed.

What i see is that the war that goes on in the threads is always a sign of immaturity
or lack of naps, probably even a bagel deficiency:p

I would just like to ask. . . what is "forensic atonement"?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Tommy4Christ good to hear from you, and finally I think I see where you are coming from, and see that you are heart felt and that it is through faith that those things you posted on scripture are a result of Faith (trust) in God to do these things at least for me they are all the result of me trusting God to do these things and has done them in me, you and all that do belive, and it does take a fight to get to the rest that God has for his Children, as I have heard you claim has happened to you and as I have said has happened to me by Faith in him
Therefore this is not boastfullness of me or you accomplishing anything at all it is boastfulness of What God has accomplished in and through me and you. For if I ever think that it is me doing by myself or me because of God and not God alone then God would not get all the credit and the evil force would be a working on see Howard or see Tommy you could do this and that proudness would set in and God who has recieved us would allow a messenger of Satan to buffet us and make us sorrowful again so that we would know that we need God, and since we do not glory in our weaknesses which we should because by this we show we need God. But the Devil is mightily still at large trying to decieve using ones flesh to do this, and is saying things like yes Howard or Tommy or Anyone else yes after Christ died yes all your sins are forgiven and now you have the ability to obey so therefore from flesh one sets out to obey and the devil of this world rewards them with things of this world to mindset us in the carnal nature and be not loving to our neighbor, excusing ourselves frm harming our neighbor as this world does all the time well they he or she deserved that, when all everyone deserved death period
Love you Tommy

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I would just like to ask. . . what is "forensic atonement"?
I think it equilvalent to you worship me (Christ, GOD) with your lips but your hearts are far from me, there are many a devil out there that believe, but they do not excercise thier belief. It is like going to the Gym to life weights and one says Igo to the Gym, and we assume they lift weights, butif you examined them and went there also you would yestheyare threre but they do not lift any weights Not excercising. So they wordhipping the weights with thier lips and are not doers just talkers hearers and the truth of God does notsetin theyare out for self and self only talking a good talk to convince others they believe. Now I do not claim to know who any of these are, but I am told to be aware andlisten to the hiddenman of my heart The Holy Ghostand do as directed to do in Love and with this type of Love of God as Jesus has and used even in others being condemned he actually never said they were condemned those people condemned themselves as in John 8 or 9 about the woman caught in adultery and they left one by one knowing what they had done themselves, WOW! I can see Jesus when he was writing in the sand the first one that walked away he saw what Jesus was writing his sin of adultery in the sand and the next and the next, and then he said were are your accusers? And that neither did he accuse her Go and Sin no more!!!!!
Now if this was you would you ever want to sin again would you want God ot redeem you?
And over the years as what this thread is about The deivil has taken away the full gospel of what God has done via the cross.
How many of us know what Christ did at the cross, what did he die for?
How many here say for our sins?
Now let us ask another ? what was the resurrction's purpose?
Do we get life from the death of Christ? How can anyone get life from death?
[h=3]Romans 5:10[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]10 [/SUP]For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
So if you get life after the death and are not asking for us to be raised from the death as we agree that we are dead as shown for ll have sinned, how can anyone live the new life they can't? Until one asks God to do this and God will here and now for we are dead to flesh (carnal mindset) and alive to God
Yuo see once one beli8ves this far without a doubt one will not sin anymore ever willingly and if they do as they grow we are overwhelmed for our advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous one, not asking ofr more forgiveness saying thank you that You are forgiven first and foremost then moving on into back into being taught further from God himself how to say no to any further unrighteousness through trust in what his Son has done at that is much deeper than just dying for ones sins