The "rapture" and the Orthodox Church.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Dear zone, Good. You don't believe in double predestination. But all Reformed believe in double predestination. So, then, you are not really Reformed. Reformed means Calvinist. And you're not a Calvinist. So I think you choose the word Reformed for some reason other than Calvinism.
I too believe Ephesians 2:8-10.
I do go by what the Bible says (John 15:26). The Calvinists, Lutherans, Catholics, ignore this verse, and think it doesn't matter. They "don't care about it". We should care about an issue that split the Church in half, and then the Reformation split the Western Church in half again. There originally were'nt three (or four or five) divisions in Christendom. There was only One Church.
God bless you. In Erie Scott Harrington.
scott.
don't tell me what i am and what i am not.
thank you.

S

Scotth1960

scott.
don't tell me what i am and what i am not.
thank you.
Dear zone,
You told me what you are not. You said you don't care what John Calvin taught. You go by the Bible.
I am not telling you what you are. You call yourself Reformed: Why, if you're not a Calvinist?
Reformed means Calvinist. I'm asking a logical question: How can one even be considered Reformed, when in the list of Christian beliefs, Reformed always means Calvinist. If you don't believe in double predestination, you're not Calvinist, and therefore not Reformed. Don't words have to mean something? What do you mean by "Reformed"? God bless you.
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Dear zone,
You told me what you are not. You said you don't care what John Calvin taught. You go by the Bible.
I am not telling you what you are. You call yourself Reformed: Why, if you're not a Calvinist?
Reformed means Calvinist. I'm asking a logical question: How can one even be considered Reformed, when in the list of Christian beliefs, Reformed always means Calvinist. If you don't believe in double predestination, you're not Calvinist, and therefore not Reformed. Don't words have to mean something? What do you mean by "Reformed"? God bless you.
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
Calvinism is ONE BRANCH of Reformed Theology.
i do not subscribe to everything Calvin said.
clear enough?

S

Scotth1960

Calvinism is ONE BRANCH of Reformed Theology.
i do not subscribe to everything Calvin said.
clear enough?
What are the other branches of Reformed theology?
Anglican? Arminian? Could you consider Lutheran "Reformed", or are only Calvinists Reformed.
ISTM the original definition of Reformed meant only Calvinist.
Here is what one source says at least:
Reformed: A Definition
Reformed: A Definition | Challies Dot Com

God bless you.
PS If you do not subscribe to everything Calvin said, what do you agree with him on?
Also, you know, Christians who are not Reformed are also amillennial.
It's a common tradition, common to Catholic, Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox, and Old Catholic.
Augustine was amillennial, but not all amillennialists are Augustinians. Take care.
PPS I agree with Calvin on some things, too. I agree God is totally sovereign. I disagree with Calvin that God is the cause of everything that happens. God does not cause sin. Monergism is not really correct though. Although all the glory goes to God alone for our salvation in Christ, good works are required (eph. 2:10), so synergism is the resulting reality the result of being saved by God's mercy (Titus 3).

zone

Jun 13, 2010
What are the other branches of Reformed theology?
Anglican? Arminian? Could you consider Lutheran "Reformed", or are only Calvinists Reformed.
ISTM the original definition of Reformed meant only Calvinist.
Here is what one source says at least:
Reformed: A Definition
Reformed: A Definition | Challies Dot Com

God bless you.
PS If you do not subscribe to everything Calvin said, what do you agree with him on?
Also, you know, Christians who are not Reformed are also amillennial.
It's a common tradition, common to Catholic, Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox, and Old Catholic.
Augustine was amillennial, but not all amillennialists are Augustinians. Take care.
PPS I agree with Calvin on some things, too. I agree God is totally sovereign. I disagree with Calvin that God is the cause of everything that happens. God does not cause sin. Monergism is not really correct though. Although all the glory goes to God alone for our salvation in Christ, good works are required (eph. 2:10), so synergism is the resulting reality the result of being saved by God's mercy (Titus 3).
that's great.
whatever. enjoy your church.

S

Scotth1960

"The "rapture" and the Orthodox Church."

"I know the Orthodox Church doesn't believe in the pre tribulation rapture. ... It is a misinterpretation from the original Greek text by protestants. Simple as that. ..."

www.monachos.net/.../showthread.php?...rapture...Orthodox-Church....

God save us all in Christ Jesus. Amen and Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington July 8, 2011 AD

Things these Christians have in common

1. The Nicene Creed
2. The Lord's Prayer
3. The Ten Commandments
4. The Beatitudes (Sermon on the Mount
5. The Definition of Chalcedon
6. amillennial eschatology/ no pre tribulation rapture

Which Christians

Eastern Orthodox
Oriental Orthodox
Byzantine (Eastern) Catholic
Old Catholic