THE REAL BAPTISM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 9, 2024
In Acts chapter 19:4, the apostle Paul spoke about John baptism of repentance telling those who want to have baptism of water should be willing to accept who really is Christ Jesus. One verse in the Bible that one should be willing to accept Isaiah chapter 9 verse 6.

May 1, 2022
ACTS 19:4
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

I would like to ask a question on what should be believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
The transition from the baptism of John to belief in Christ is also marked by the reception of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost and Fire baptism John was talking about), which is a distinctive aspect of Christian initiation and life. The Holy Spirit was promised by Jesus (John 14:16-17) and was poured out on the church at Pentecost (Acts 2 baptism of the Holy Ghost and Fire). The Holy Spirit indwells believers, empowering them for service, transforming their lives to be more like Christ, and assuring them of their relationship with God.

The phrase “believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus” highlights a transition from the preparatory ministry of John the Baptist to the full revelation of the gospel in Jesus Christ. It calls for a personal and communal commitment to Jesus as the Messiah, who fulfills the expectations of the Old Testament and John's prophetic ministry. This belief in Jesus is foundational to Christian faith, encompassing trust in His saving work and ongoing relationship with Him through the Holy Spirit.

Mar 9, 2024
Acts 22:8
8 "And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest."

The Apostle Paul admitted first that he did not know who really Jesus Christ is. And it was Jesus Christ who spoke to him directly and revealed who He really is. The True Jesus Christ can be revealed through Isaiah 9:6.

Jan 2, 2024
Acts 22:8
8 "And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest."

The Apostle Paul admitted first that he did not know who really Jesus Christ is. And it was Jesus Christ who spoke to him directly and revealed who He really is. The True Jesus Christ can be revealed through Isaiah 9:6.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, in this verse upon reading, I noticed that Jesus is the Everlasting Father.
Who can reveal that Jesus is the Father?

ISAIAH 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting FATHER, The Prince of Peace.