The right time to chat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lifeinabox

What do people think about people who use Christian Chat at work? interested in peoples comments.

A

Abing

perhaps I can post a comment ;) I use CC at home and at work ;).. good for me we are allowed to do so..
i work in a call center so when I have a phone call.. thats the time i get off CC or say BRB...

if you're using CC at work, and ur work doesnt allow it - God bless you,, I had that mistake before!

M

minnesotablu

haha i OCCASIONALLY venture on CC at work... now... my work situation is different, because i am a nanny. so if the child i watch is sleeping i am free to watch TV, make calls, go on the computer, or basically do whatever i want until the child wakes up... i usually dont go on CC cuz when the kid wakes up i just kinda jump off really fast and feel bad leaving all my friends without saying anything. it's easier to not get on.

granted, a couple of times i have gotten on when the kids were awake, mostly cuz we were bored and they also find it entertaining to hear people talking/singing and it can be educational for them... but i try not to do that because we could be doing arts and crafts or something instead that will help them learn and grow instead of staring at a computer screen.

now, if i had a typical desk job... i probably wouldn't be getting on CC unless there was absolutely NOTHING to do... i guess i dont really see anything wrong with it though... as long as you're getting your work done :p

L

lifeinabox

Being allowed to or not is not really the subject of the matter, the subject is it the right thing to do, even if you are allowed to at your workplace. If you are a boss, would you want your staff member using your time, for social events. I can not understand how people say they are seeking first the Kingdom of God and chatting at work. If Jesus Christ was in your position do really think that would be the most productive way to use your time.

I certainly don't think so.

A

Abing

i dont think so either. ..folks out there chattin at work - perhaps you should think twice.

im glad I am blessed with a very good boss. ;)

1Corinthians13

I can't get into chat at work. I work in a call center too but we have firewalls, even on the free for all computers in the cafeteria....even if we we able to get on, I call out and get paid by volume so I personally wouldn't chat. If you have all your work done it's cool to chat at work. The married dudes chatting at work trying to pick up though...not cool. Haven't seen them around lately though. I can only speak for me though. It's different in all situations.

A

Abing

I can't get into chat at work. I work in a call center too but we have firewalls, even on the free for all computers in the cafeteria....even if we we able to get on, I call out and get paid by volume so I personally wouldn't chat. If you have all your work done it's cool to chat at work. The married dudes chatting at work trying to pick up though...not cool. Haven't seen them around lately though. I can only speak for me though. It's different in all situations.
you work in a callcenter too? wow cool, i do too.. but mines different cuz. we accept calls from around the world, we dont call them.
well anyways, back to the topic..

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
I think chatting at work is great... Because in my job, I have sooo mcuh free time, I don't really have much else to do... I would be soooo terrible bored without it. It's a wonderful place for fellowship. And my managers don't care if I chat, as long as I get all my work done. I have no direct supervisors, so I am by myself for my entire shift. This place is a wonderful haven for me.

M

minnesotablu

oh alayna i agree! what would we do without u at all wee hours of the morning? :p

i'm still thinkin chattin is okay by me! if i was a boss i'd be askin what my employees were chattin about and laughin it up... sooo... haha i should never be a boss.

C

carpetmanswife

personally i feel that its not a good thing to do unless all of the work is done and there is NOTHING else that can b done and ur boss doesnt mind of course,if u jump off the chatroom as soon as the boss comes in....probably not a good idea

1still_waters

If chat isn't stopping you from doing your job well, then chat. If it gets in the way of you doing your job well, then don't chat.

I don't think you're using your boss's time if you use down time at your job to chat. The boss is hiring you to be there for when there is work to do. If there is no work to do, then chat. If there is work to do, then don't chat.

Don't chat if you boss clearly says no chatting at all.

L

lifeinabox

Interesting comments moderator, it is interesting how peoples values, have changed as time has progressed, Christ has been forgotten about, you might as well post a bill in parliament, to change the name of workplace, to chat place.

1still_waters

Interesting comments moderator, it is interesting how peoples values, have changed as time has progressed, Christ has been forgotten about, you might as well post a bill in parliament, to change the name of workplace, to chat place.
So if you chat at work you've forgotten about Christ?

Here is your assumption.

Chatting at work = You're not getting your work done.

Am I right?

But that's not always the situation.

It depends on the job. I think you're assuming all jobs are the same and they are not. If you work on an assembly line or as a 911 dispatcher, then yeah, probably not a good idea to chat. You have work to do.

But many jobs have down time. What are you supposed to do if you're at work but there is no work to do? Just sit there like a rock?

L

lifeinabox

Moderator. I am not going to argue with you. I will wait for you to get to heaven so you can see the light of day. Have a good day. I will point out that while you are idle at work you can be praying, Reading your Bible and drawing closer to God. Perhaps someone in your position is a little bit clouded, from the truth.

Have a good day

Aug 27, 2005
i didnt read any post except the top post...but i dont feel it our job to judge if we think it's okay or not. it's upto them.

L

lifeinabox

Christian nobody is trying to judge anybody. I just want people to think about things, and not keep their head in the sand, forget about Christ. Perhaps you should think before making comments.

Attachments

Aug 27, 2005
What if the person only can get on Christianchat at work? What if that's the only time that they have time for some fellowship? If they are getting their work done the way they are supposed to...it shouldn't matter. I really don't see how this is something we need to discuss. But that's just my opinion. And I don't just randomly post comments without thinking. I believe this topic is kinda judging other people's actions.

A

Abing

Yeah true that Betsy.

First of all. Going to CHRISTIANCHAT is forgetting CHRIST??? um.. lol.
2nd, Just like Still said. IT DEPENDS ON THE NATURE OF THE JOB.
3rd, it's not like. because we're posting comments here, we don't pray anymore.
4th, No judging plz. ;) we are Christians.
5th, it's nonsense if we keep arguing about this. I am officially closing this thread :p:p:p:p:p:p bleh mwahahahha jk

A

Abing

OOOOPs. someone got mad at me for closing the thread :p well I didn't mean to -- this thread is still open LOL. its not like i can really close it

Well anyways, Nathan - we all are praying for and for everyone ;) God bless you