The Sabbath and sinning wifully

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

What is Sinning willfully? It is interesting verbiage actually. Being in the Greek a verbal now in the genitive. It goes from simply being an action to a state of being. Willingly OF sin rather than of Christ and His sacrifice and resurrection.

Since the context of the passage is the New Covenant. This willfulness of sin is in relation to that. Having entered into the Holiest of all into the presence of GOD through the veil; the Body of Christ, the Temple of GOD; His flesh.

Thereby Being ONE with Christ that world might believe that GOD had sent Him. We have HIS Law; HIS word written in our hearts, minds and mouths. We are anew creation in Christ Jesus. Old things have passed away all things have become new and of GOD. We are of the Law; HIS Word; Which the Sabbath is of. Sin is no longer to be part of who we are through Christ through GOD.
For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience (who we are; our inner man of Sin) from dead works (Acts that cause death; Sin. For the wages of sin is death) to serve the living God? And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament....
(Heb 9:13-15 KJV)
We need to be careful in regards falling away; being deliberately of sin. Because we can reach a point to which it is impossible to renew us back to repentance seeing we crucify the Son of God afresh and put Him to open shame. Heb. 6:6

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch — as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(1 Corinthians 5:7-8)

• it says you really are unleavened, so get rid of the old yeast.
  • it does not say get rid of the old yeast in order to become unleavened.
  • it says Christ is our passover lamb and has already been sacrificed.
  • it does not say keep Passover with any other lamb

How is it you don't understand that I was not talking to you about bread?
(Matthew 16:11)

if this passage in Corinthians is regarded as instruction for gentiles, as becoming believers in Christ, to physically observe and keep the high sabbath festival of passover given to the Hebrews in the Mosaic covenant, then there is an immediate issue concerning it's observance: Christ is declared to be our passover lamb and has already been sacrificed. what then am i doing if i take a different lamb, sacrifice and eat it, and put its blood on my doorpost? am i rejecting the Lamb who has already been given? am i denying that there already stands a Lamb? the passage also calls us bread dough - referring to the believers reading to the letter as a lump of it. are we to bake people and eat them in haste??
when he writes '
let us keep the festival' then, is he instructing the Corinthian church to observe the feast days of the Law in their flesh through physical obedience to the letter of its written commands, or is he instructing them to walk in the righteous truth of it in spirit?

the scripture - in this case the Spirit speaking through the same man - treats the 7 feast days of the Sinai covenant exactly the same way as the sabbath:

let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.
(Colossians 2:16-17)

this is a command: let no one pass judgement on you with regard to these 4 things, called shadows, all of which are commanded to be observed in the Law, which also the Law commands judgement be carried out upon those under the Law with regard to their observance, and the Law unilaterally describes in terms of physical observance.

if i disobey this command, "let no one pass judgement on you" with regard to these things, do i not indeed sin willfully?
if i disobey this command by myself passing judgement on others with regard to these things, do i not also sin willfully?

How is it you don't understand that I was not talking to you about bread?
(Matthew 16:11)