The seasons

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I have many reservations about saying that I have revelations. So I won't call it that, maybe it's insight. But here it goes.

I'm a Phone, DSL, TV, installer/repair man for a local phone co., so I meet a lot of people. The other day I had a DSL install, and the man was a Christian clearly seen by his fruit. Anyway, when I come upon people of the faith I can't help myself but to let them know I'm a Christian too for the sake of conversation. The topic came up about our children, he said the most we can do as parents for our children is to pray for them. I agreed, he also said that many children may not come to the Lord until we are dead, meaning that our death may jog a noggin in their brain to think about our walk and life with Christ. I agreed, but added that "the way we die" may have a greater significance then just being dead. He agreed.

Since my job enables me to drive along the country side, I was enjoying God's creation in the changing colors of foliage on the trees. What a marvelous Creator we have. If you live in an area that season's don't change you sure are missing out. Anyway, I got to thinking about the conversation I had with this man about our deaths and the trees winding down for their winter rest. Soon the trees will be bare and will look lifeless, but leading up to that sage they are beautiful. This is how our death should be to others, beautiful, Christ like, a witness for Him to others that the promises to us on the other side of death are awaiting, for us a new Life.