The simplest words can be the strongest.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

scottish

Hi folks

First time on the website, and so I thought id say hello to you all. I live in Scotland, a friendly wee country with great scenery and history. However one thing that saddens me is how in today's society, people have no time to say hello, to their neighbors or the stranger they meet in the street. The world we all live in is so fast paced that we don't have time to reflect on the simple act of kindness to others.
I recently visited the birth place of Scottish born American, John Muir, who helped protect the giant redwoods in the Sierra Nevada's during the late 1800s. John Muir also wrote about his journeys into the wilderness and pointed out that everybody needed beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal, and give strength to body and soul.
We should all spend a little less time looking at mans creations and more time looking at Gods.
The simple things in life, a smile, a friendly word, a walk into the country side or to the seaside are all it takes to help feed the soul.
So from a stranger from Scotland, I wish you all well and that Gods love shines upon you forever.

C

cbear1988

Well said! And thanks for the hello!

W

wwjd_kilden

Hi and welcome to CC!

I moved to Scotland in October and I love this country :D
Agree very much on spending time looking at God's creations. I absolutely love all the beautiful churches, castles, towers and ruins here, but the highlands and the cliffs along the coast definitely top the list of beautiful things here. I've seen so many nice things in the time I've been here:

The northern lighthouse and the cliffs at Isle of Skye , the beach north of Aberdeen, Goat fell at isle of Arran and Pen Y Fan in Brecon (Wales). ...and still there are so many places left to see! :D

Jan 8, 2013
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pitchers of silver

P

piper27

Welcome Scottish!! And HELLOOOOO!!!! from Canada. (and from a Canadian with Scottish roots - MacDonald Clan I am!)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Well said, hello and welcome. :)

I do agree about seeing more of Gods creation, I live at the foot of the mountians, and so many never see the beauty that lives not just at the top, but hidden in the trees,castles of mushrooms and fugi, delighted in a walk on the moss.
The rivers are amazing, yet nestled in the small places between the rocks, are hidden treasures, small wonders.
Sometimes it how the clouds touch the earth, and one can stand in the sky and on earth at the same time, where a breath removes the mist , swirling shapes and smoke like wind.

Im told where I live is much like scotland, :) more rain than sun, yet its beauty is known a treasured by those who know its secrets.
Im so glad you shared your thoughts, for it reminded me of so much, that is trully Gods creation and glory. :)
Thankyou.

God bless
pickles

S

scottish

Thank you all for the reply's, rose this morning to a rather grey wet Scottish morning, however when I read your kind reply's, I as my point was about, felt the power of your words and vision's of some of Gods great creations, such as the mountains where Pickles lives, the clouds touching the earth, a wonderful image. The images of wwjd_kildens lighthouse on the Isle of Skye, sitting on the top of huge clifftops, a beacon of light helping mariners find safe harbor, in stormy waters. Also kjvbiblecatowners simple statement about " Apples of gold in pitches of silver ".
The power of words along with Gods creations around us and good God loving folk, gives us the strength we all need to get through the day feeling simply Happy and Content.
I thank you all for being here.

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
Hello and greetings,

I lived in scotland for half a year about 20 years ago and found the friendliest people :)

S

scottish

Thanks for replying to my post. Norway has always had a strong affinity with Scotland and its folk. Where I live in the Port of Leith, the connection can still be seen in the old Norwegian sailors church. A haven once for past mariners sailing into the port.
Like every past industry, the church now no longer used, and the port no longer has the many ships from afar.
Another nice connection between Norway and Scotland is the Christmas tree Edinburgh receive each year from Hordaland.

W

wwjd_kilden

Hmm, maybe I have to go to Edinburgh next Christmas. I've been thinking of dropping by one of the sailors churches, but whenever I am nearby they tend to be closed

J

jerusalem

looking at things through eyes of love intensifies their beauty sevenfold. and the words 'i love you' have yet to be surpassed as the greatest phrase on earth.