The simpsons the election and 2021

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
When I was 18yoa (1972) I was 6'4" so my HS prom date got the same kind of doo as Marge (in blonde). I had wavy hair and wore a crushed purple tux w/ wide lapels, bow tie & bell bottomed slacks. She wore a pink floor length gown. We were a sight. :ROFL:
I would have loved to see that, so you were around when music was actual music not this garbage we have today, which by the science actually proves is crappy music I always thought I was just born in the wrong era but nope I just know good music when I hear it and it's scientifically proven so take that modern day music

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There is a book called 'the gospel according to the simpsons' about all the references to God and the Bible and Jesus in the show.
Because many of the comedy writers were Jewish, they poke fun at Christians. Some writers were Christians too, but in the first couple of series its gentle humour.

People say the show 'jumped the shark' when Maude, Flanders wife, died. Homer was indirectly responsible for her death,
They had to kill her off because the person playing her character left.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I would have loved to see that, so you were around when music was actual music not this garbage we have today, which by the science actually proves is crappy music I always thought I was just born in the wrong era but nope I just know good music when I hear it and it's scientifically proven so take that modern day music
Yeah, they actually played real cords with instruments and knew how to sing too. BTW; It was in a ballroom of the Queen Mary.

(Sorry, :oops: thats the closest giphy I could find.)​

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I am just saying make your directive more clear otherwise it can easily be misinterpretated you have to remember on a forum you can't hear the persons voice or tone and there is a basic online etiquette that normally if someone quotes you in response to your post they are speaking to you unless you clarify in that response it is a general speaking tone
Perhaps you need to re-study to re-learn "basic online etiquette" - I believe you may have learned your online etiquette from the wrong teacher.

If someone quotes your post, it does not automatically mean that they are making a rebuttal against - or negative remark towards - whatever you said in the quote.

When someone quotes your post, it means that they wish to use the quoted material as a reference for what they intend to say in that particular post.

That is the only assumption you should make - period. Anything else to be "interpreted" from it should/must come from whatever it is that they said in their post.

What they have to say may be positive, negative, or indifferent with regard to what you said.

It is not even necessarily true that they are "speaking" directly-to-you-only.

Read it again - I wrote it correctly.

They are only utilizing what they quoted to help them get across the point that they want to make.

Remember this - and don't forget it!

Don't be quick to make assumptions about why your post was quoted.

It should serve you well to remember that 'common sense' is the best teacher when it comes to things like this.

It is because of the lack of voice, tone, body-language, etc. that we must endeavor to "give the benefit of the doubt" to other posters as much as we are reasonably able.

Don't react to this post and write a back-lash post - it will only reveal that you are "not listening"... ;)

Believe it or not - I am only trying to help you (and possibly others who may read it). That's it! That is the whole reason for me taking the time to write this post.

I am not angry. It is not my intent to insult you or even hurt your feelings - or any other similar such thing.

I just want to give you something to think about that may help you in the future...

You may find it worthwhile to keep these verses in mind when posting to these forums:

Proverbs 16:

32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

James 1:

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

:)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Perhaps you need to re-study to re-learn "basic online etiquette" - I believe you may have learned your online etiquette from the wrong teacher.

If someone quotes your post, it does not automatically mean that they are making a rebuttal against - or negative remark towards - whatever you said in the quote.

When someone quotes your post, it means that they wish to use the quoted material as a reference for what they intend to say in that particular post.

That is the only assumption you should make - period. Anything else to be "interpreted" from it should/must come from whatever it is that they said in their post.

What they have to say may be positive, negative, or indifferent with regard to what you said.

They are only utilizing what they quoted to help them get across the point that they want to make.

It should serve you well to remember that 'common sense' is the best teacher when it comes to things like this.

It is because of the lack of voice, tone, body-language, etc. that we must endeavor to "give the benefit of the doubt" to other posters as much as we are reasonably able.

Don't react to this post and write a back-lash post - it will only reveal that you are "not listening"... ;)

Believe it or not - I am only trying to help you (and possibly others who may read it). That's it! That is the whole reason for me taking the time to write this post.

I am not angry. It is not my intent to insult you or even hurt your feelings - or any other similar such thing.

I just want to give you something to think about that may help you in the future...

You may find it worthwhile to keep these verses in mind when posting to these forums:

Proverbs 16:

32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

James 1:

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Many of us piggyback on posts. We shouldn't take it personally. People often finish sentences for me and/or continue in the same train of thought. I often think that others understand the point that I was trying to make so out of habit I leave the sentence without completing the paragraph. I do the same thing also, in person or online (like here and now). Sometimes I thank them for it and visa-versa. No biggie @Blain :)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

Proverbs 16:

James 1:

In other words...

https://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/a-quote-is-a-quote-is-a-quote.47618/

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Proverbs 16:

James 1:

The reason I assumed she was speaking to me was because of this in her quote( Than are dreamt of in your philosophy ) I made bold the word your because that word when used is pointing to a person the fact that word was used and the fact that it was with quoting my post is what made me think she was talking to me, The word your could have also been meant in the general type of thinking but unless it is clarified it is easy ti misunderstand and she understood why I assumed she was talking to me

I may not be best at understanding online etiquette but I think I know it well enough to to be in the ok for misunderstanding why I thought she was talking to me.