The still small voice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

walkOnWater

Sep 11, 2013
This past few days, my God has shown me how the devil attacks me... My God has shown me the devil's strategy in defeating me... Surprisingly, it wasn't what i expected it to be..

Not through swords, battles, and what not... the devil will attack you in a way that will not seem obvious... i realized that the devil was trying to mess up with my mind.

You see the Bible says that the devil is a liar. And so he uses lies to make you doubt yourself and make you doubt God's love for you.

I realized that that the devil is a sneaky deceitful enemy. One day you are fine and then he uses a still small voice to feed you ideas that's not really true. But then those constant lies gets in to you and make you lonely and fearful of your future. And then one day you will feel stuck.

But then i also realized that everytime i start to feel scared or lonely, it's the best time to read the Bible. God has led me to the YouVersion app's Bible plans. For some reason the way they presented God's word feels like they are digesting solid food for me to eat. It's like when you are sick and you don't feel like eating and can't even chew your own food and then these Bible plans are like the IV fluids they usually give you at the hospital. And after reading, i just feel happy and forget all about my worries. I just feel that joy when you just had a conversation with someone you are in love with. The peace. The joy. The hope.

I realized that i should be alert all the time and watch out for the devil's ways of trying to sneak out lies into my head. And the only way i could do that is by reading the Bible. Not just in the morning when i am in a hurry before i start my day nor at night when i am too tired after a long day. But also in between when i am having a bad day in the office and while in the train when it's quiet and i can focus my mind on what my God wants to tell me through His word.

And so from now on, i pray that may i continue this habit because i find genuine peace and joy in spending these quiet moments with my Lord.