The storm called sandy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
This storm is devistating, I heard someone on the radio call it a biblical storm? All i know is that it is a horrible storm that while destroying everything is pulling everyone together. People are working together now because of this storm people who probably never even cared before are seeing the devistated lives and feel the pulling of god to help. So is this storm maybe god's mercy in disguise? or just some random storm that somehow is bringing everyone closer together?

G

GreenNnice

This storm is devistating, I heard someone on the radio call it a biblical storm? All i know is that it is a horrible storm that while destroying everything is pulling everyone together. People are working together now because of this storm people who probably never even cared before are seeing the devistated lives and feel the pulling of god to help. So is this storm maybe god's mercy in disguise? or just some random storm that somehow is bringing everyone closer together?
I believe everything is God's.

Isaiah 66:1

Jul 12, 2012
I think there's tons to be said in the fact that this storm caused untold loss of material things, yet only a relatively very few people died, if you think about the MASSIVE population of the areas affected.

And I can't help but associate the name "Sandy" with the beach, the sand of the sea. (and "sandra" proper, means defender of men)
Can this foreshadow "Israel" storming against the "grassy island" (jersey), flooding the caves of "settlement of pigs" (york), etc?

Or are there no signs in the heavens?

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
My earthly Father, if still alive today, would have called it "God's call to repentance."

Psalm 83:15-16
15 So pursue them with Your tempest,
And frighten them with Your storm.
16 Fill their faces with shame,
That they may seek Your name, O Lord.

Jul 27, 2011
in my opinion mans greed has knocked the earth off balance, and some men blame God, trying to take blame off themselves. God made the earth perfect, and mankind has destroyed it. Doesn't it make sense that God put things like gold, silver, diamonds, oil, and more, to help keep earth in balance. God sure didn't put it here so we could use it to spend and abuse, we didn't need these things when the earth was created, but the earth must have, or the Father would not have put it here. Besides the things we have taken from the earth look what we've done in outer space, its been turned into a scrap yard. So next time a crazy weather happens, remember God the Father doesn't cause these things, God the Father brings us through these things. All Glory to God, Thank you Christ Jesus.

M

mule

I always find it interesting that those who say nature is punishing this country because of sins committed by certain groups always leave out the acknowledgment of their own sins. I love a verse in Isaiah that says to withdraw the pointing finger.

K

kenisyes

Some people find God in everything. Some people avoid God in everything. The storm helps us decide which we are.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I always find it interesting that those who say nature is punishing this country because of sins committed by certain groups always leave out the acknowledgment of their own sins. I love a verse in Isaiah that says to withdraw the pointing finger.
I wasn't particularly singling out this nation, I think God's call to repentance is happening all around the world.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Im going with freak storm...people put way too much time in effort in trying to see things that arent there.

A

abair

it is the nature there is Scientific explanation for the storm

there is people lost Loved ones and homes so

it still Open wound

please things like this hurt

we do not need religious explaination why this happened we need to pray for them

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
God is in control of everything... every single detail. He has set all things in motion to happen at the times they happen. He is in control of the wind and the waves.

He is always calling people to repentance and it's happening all around the world. Where you have a sinful, fallen world you have much tribulation and it's during difficult times that people humble themselves and turn to God.

I've often wondered about hurricane Issac, which hit Louisiana exactly 7 years to the day after Hurricane Katrina. 7 is God's mark/seal for prophecies and this one jumped out at me.

I was supposed to be in NY this week.

Praying for everyone over there..

Last edited:
P

plussizedstickbug

I find myself in times like hearing of such a threat as Sandy concerned for the people worried about them.
That was not a state, a building or a treasure chest but human beings.
How can I know them each and every one of them?
How old are they how young are they how sick are they how poor are they I do not know them all.
So I see them all in need all of them in danger I only see their need.
I do not see their secrets nor do I see their credits or fame I only see need.
If I passed by the field and saw two men standing in it how am I to know which one is Cain and which one is Able.
If I passed by and saw three men on a cross how am I to know which one is guilty and which one is not.
If I passes by a judgment being carried out how am I to know which one is the wife of the prophet and which one is the wicked rebel.
Is it for me to make such a decision when I do not even know them?
How can I make a righteous decision when I do not even know them?
Am I supposed to make that decision of a state and population as a whole?
Will this be a thing I my self and neighbors and family may go through as well?
Have I been given a guarantee not to suffer and have hardships here in this world?

I sit and took the time to think how far from payday was it for those who are left broke living from paycheck to paycheck?
Will they have enough in the house left over to do them?
Do those who need to flee have any where to flee to?
Do they have the transportation to flee with?
Will the elderly living alone be thought of by family, neighbors or kind strangers that live near them?

I think of the need and I cry for them it felt like my stomach was filled with rocks.

I think of the Words of God and hear the sorrow in them.

Isaiah 57:1
he righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Micah 7:2
The good man is perished out of the earth: and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net.I take the time to consider the need.
I sit in concern.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Why the storm came for man can be explained by man.

Did this storm come from God, can only be known by God.

We pray for those who are suffering, and trust that Jesus will bring us through every storm.

God bless
pickles

T

Trax

My earthly Father, if still alive today, would have called it "God's call to repentance."

Psalm 83:15-16
15 So pursue them with Your tempest,
And frighten them with Your storm.
16 Fill their faces with shame,
That they may seek Your name, O Lord.
In the last days, earthquakes and such will increase. Seems He will do a lot to shake people
back to their senses.

Jul 27, 2011
still blaming God? we was warned of these things, but that doesn't mean God is doing it. God lets these things happen, but its not caused by God. so if you think your god is causing all this, i'm glad i serve God Almighty.

M

MidniteWelder

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]One of God's wonders of nature is the wind. All who live upon the earth have witnessed the wind: [/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]from the gentle breeze [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]to a whipping gale [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]to a whirlwind [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]to the most violent Hurricane or Tornado. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]God speaks much about the wind in His Word. The prophet Jeremiah gave us insight into the wind:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"When He uttereth His voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: He maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of His treasures." Jeremiah 51:16[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]When God speaks of His treasures, they are the things of value that are stored until the time they are needed. He speaks of His treasures of the wind. The wind is not the only thing God has in His treasury. Job also spoke of God's treasures:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?" Job 38:22[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]God also has snow and hail in His treasures. God will use all His treasures, as it becomes necessary, to demonstrate His great power, authority, and majesty to those who inhabit the earth. The Psalmist wrote:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling His Word." Psalm 148:8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]God has His treasure house full, and is using this stored treasure to fulfill His Word. What reason would God have to STORE treasures? Except for one last certain event in observable history. (for our benefit of course)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The End Time[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The day has come when God is releasing all His treasures in all their fury upon the earth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The prophet Isaiah spoke of another treasure:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel." Isaiah 45:3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]In this particular scripture the word darkness is referring to "the place of obscurity", the secret place in God". The Psalmist declared the secret place in God:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]:) (under his protection)

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Everything God created is a witness of His greatness and His eternal power. No one who has seen His creation will have any excuse for not knowing and recognizing our Almighty God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Romans 1:20 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]All who have witnessed the wonders of a tree how its tightly intertwined fibers create its strength towering to hundreds of feet in height, or recognizing the allure of a perfumed scented flower, or wondered at the birth of a newborn child, will not have any excuse for denouncing the Almighty God of all which has been created for us to witness.[/SIZE]
God is his own witness and needs not us to testify for him on his behalf, he's already done so and proven himself.
Yes, God IS in everything, as surely as he said .....I AM!
What have any of us created which has not first been given by him?

[SIZE=-1]God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" I Corinthians 1:27 [/SIZE]

Even ones own intelligence is not their own but only that which God has given you, we should pray to be given the knowledge to use that gift wisely. (hint) It's suppose to be to get to know Him

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men." I Corinthians 1:25
Amen

Last edited: