THE STORY OF MAN FROM THE BIBLE -- #3 (a copy of one of Dad's writings)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
THE STORY OF MAN FROM THE BIBLE -- #3 (a copy of one of Dad's writings)
First, my comments on what Dad (now in heaven, as of 2015) wrote here:
I think his explanation sounds basically correct as to what it was like for Adam, when he began his life in the world. I can also agree that it sounds like both Adam and Eve turned away from God, through their act of choosing to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It doesn't say in words, that they turned away from God, as the Bible was silent on that, in Genesis. But it certainly looks to me as though they did, and that they never returned to God. Genesis says that after they sinned, they were forced to leave the garden of Eden, and that an angel with a flaming sword, was placed at the entrance - to prevent them from eating from the tree of life. And the tree of life is shown to be what only those who sincerely serve God - can eat (in the spiritual sense) from.
Rev 22:14-15
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
KJV
Ok now - here's Dad's writing on the subject:
THE STORY OF MAN FROM THE BIBLE -- #3
THE TRAINING OF ADAM AND EVE
Even though Adam was almost certainly created as a mature person, he started his life as an infant does. At first he would respond naturally and without restraint to his inborn appetites and drives, and these would control him completely until he learned to rule over them. Most people, when they are beginning in this life, have parents to provide the needed training; Adam had his Heavenly Father, of Whom it is written that He “chastens (child-trains) every son whom He receives.” (Hebrews 12:6) God now “receives” people as sons when they call upon Him for the forgiveness of their sins; Adam’s training began immediately, for he was God’s son by creation.
God’s training is rigorous; His “sons” must learn to postpone, and even to deny, the gratification of their appetites in their obedience to Him. God once forced the people of Israel to postpone satisfying their natural desire for food so they would learn to esteem His word above such gratification. (See Deuteronomy 8:1-3) They complained, thus failing their lesson, and it is almost certain that Adam also failed many of his lessons. When God’s “sons” fail, they will usually be given repeat “lessons,” and their failures will not be reckoned against them.
See Romans 5:13, “Until the Law, sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law” and 2 Corinthians 5:19, “God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not reckoning their trespasses unto them.”
But it is also possible that they will impatiently renounce God and refuse to receive further training. They cease permanently to be God’s “sons.”
Adam and Eve were well aware of the meanings and the purpose of the two special trees growing in the center of the Garden. By eating the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and of Evil, they could signify that they had chosen to go their own way, ending God’s training. Thus they would avoid the sometimes unpleasant circumstances attending the way that God had chosen for them. They would also lose the opportunity to become self-disciplined. The other tree, the Tree of Life, represented conformity to God’s will. If they ate the fruit of this tree, they would declare their willingness to endure unpleasantness if necessary. The trees represented life’s two most important alternatives. Everybody must choose between them.
Adam and Eve chose the first tree, permanently ending God’s training. Henceforth, they would be directed solely by their expectation of pleasant consequences rather than by God’s word. They were immediately expelled from the Garden and barred from returning to eat the fruit of the Tree of Life.
Allan Holbrook--Nov., 2010

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I can also agree that it sounds like both Adam and Eve turned away from God, through their act of choosing to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It doesn't say in words, that they turned away from God, as the Bible was silent on that, in Genesis. But it certainly looks to me as though they did, and that they never returned to God.
Do you personally think that they were saved? I don't think so, remember how the nice part of Hades is called Abraham bosom. Why wasn't it called Adams bosom, because Adam and Eve betrayed God and i am guessing they might have went to hell. There was no communion with God and they obtained the sinful nature and didn't seem to stay in contact with God, there was no redemptive covenant in Adams day, to my knowledge. But what are your thoughts?

P

pottersclay

Do you personally think that they were saved? I don't think so, remember how the nice part of Hades is called Abraham bosom. Why wasn't it called Adams bosom, because Adam and Eve betrayed God and i am guessing they might have went to hell. There was no communion with God and they obtained the sinful nature and didn't seem to stay in contact with God, there was no redemptive covenant in Adams day, to my knowledge. But what are your thoughts?
I disagree with this. If you can answer the following questions then maybe I'll reconsider.

How did Cain and able learn to present a offering to the Lord or even know it was required?

Eve confessed a faith in God when Seth was born.

Adam blamed Eve but Eve confessed her transgression.

Notice God cursed the serpent and the ground but not Adam or Eve.

Given both a covering for their sins is this not a covenant?

Even after the fall they knew the Lords voice and answered.

Just somethings to consider which are overlooked by some.😉

Your thoughts?