The Struggle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SeekingJesus777

OK so i'm having a problem right now, i want to surrender my life to Jesus but i have too many things going on in my life right now to just give up. Will god let me sort these things out and then come to him? I'm kind of worried because i feel like he is calling me to repent and surrender my life, but i feel like i'm resisting his calling, and Proverbs 29:1 says "He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." So now i'm living in a constant state of fear that god is going to kill me dead. If anyone could give me any advice it would be helpful, thanks.

U

Ugly

What you're saying is, when i do things my way, and have my life set up according to my plans and my will then i will 'surrender' my life. Which isn't really surrender at all. Surrender means 'i am giving up my will for yours'. Which, in reality, you are not willing to do. You say you do, but you aren't acting that way. Until you say 'i surrender now, right where i'm at, and give up my wants and my will for yours FIRST AND FOREMOST' then you will never be truly surrendered. You can't live your life according to your will and then try to convince God you are surrendering anything.
If you were to tell a child 'its time to go to bed' and that child says 'i will... but when i'm ready' is that child really obeying? No. he's telling you what he will do, and when. He is not surrendering or obeying. You absolutely are resisting his will because, in reality you don't want to give in. You want to live your life your own way and have God approve of your willful disobedience.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
The best time to settle anything with God is always NOW.

N

Nadia

Which is why we have to let Christ do the Christian walk for us, because without him we are just a living the label of being a "Christian". I don't know about you but seek to be more than just that. I just watched a tv preacher on Daystar and he gave me this mesage along with this verse:
Romans 8:13 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

So, how do we know if we are being led by the spirit? Well, are we bearing FRUIT?
Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

And last but not least do not let the enemy condemn you, because you may not be where you want to be but you are a work in progress!

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[SUP][a][/SUP] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

It is good to remember,
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.

God bless you!!

N

Nadia

I always felt like God was angry at me but then he gave me this verse and I felt him speaking to the innermost part of my soul that needed healing.
Now, the Lord told me to give you this scripture.

Isaiah 54:9-10 “For this is like the waters of Noah to Me;
For as I have sworn
That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,
So have I sworn
That I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.
For the mountains shall depart
And the hills be removed,
But My kindness shall not depart from you,
Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”
Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.

He is not angry at you, he loves you sooooo much that he died for you! He hates the sin, thats all... just give up everything in your heart to God tonight when you pray and you will see what he starts doing in your life. More joy, more peace, more blessings, and more love for yourself and others. God is taking care of everything in your life, so there is not a need to worry about all the things that you are constantly worried about. Rest in him. HIS peace he gives unto you. Be still and know that He is God. You are loved beyond measure!!!