The Sunset Limited

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 10, 2011
Its on DVD, or demand now. Or netflix, or you could pirate it (joke*). But it is a great movie, good message to it.

*Kinda

J

jimmydiggs

Maybe we could watch TV instead.
I try to stay away from TV. Too much ungodliness for me.

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

J

jimmydiggs

Its on DVD, or demand now. Or netflix, or you could pirate it (joke*). But it is a great movie, good message to it.

*Kinda
Based on the plot summary I found over at the center of knowledge (le wikipedia), I am now mildly interested.

Wikipedia said:
The play involves only two nameless characters, designated "White" and "Black", their respective skin colors. Offstage, just before the play begins, Black saves White from throwing himself in front of a train. The title, The Sunset Limited, is derived from the name of a passenger train that travels from New Orleans to Los Angeles. All of the action takes place in Black's sparse apartment, where the characters go (at the behest of Black) after their encounter on the platform. Black is an ex-convict and an evangelical Christian. White is an atheist and a professor. They debate the meaning of human suffering, the existence of God, and the propriety of White's attempted suicide.
The Sunset Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <--- click

Nov 10, 2011
Based on the plot summary I found over at the center of knowledge (le wikipedia), I am now mildly interested.

I made my friend watch it earlier today. He is the definition of a "Non-believer" and it even got him to question some of his views.

J

jimmydiggs

I made my friend watch it earlier today. He is the definition of a "Non-believer" and it even got him to question some of his views.
The trailor has me.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0MSitTAYyA[/video]

Nov 10, 2011
The trailor has me.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0MSitTAYyA[/video]

Easily one of the best movies I have every seen. I honestly can't stand most "Christian" movies. They are often so sappy. This is much more true to life I believe. And 2 of my favorite actors.

W

wwjd_kilden

:D That does look like a good movie

L

Liz01

I think this is a very interesting movie, the only thing that bothered me a little bit was that the man in the movie never explained what Jesus did to the other man and he didnt say any versicle of the bible, but its very interesting the way that they talk and i liked very much the passion and persistence of the man who believe in God.

Dec 19, 2009
I try to stay away from TV. Too much ungodliness for me.

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Yes, one should be careful about what one watches.