The Supernatural

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Ah ok so basically if god was to give a list of what does and doesn't exist then that's the line you'd likely take?
Look at it this way.... We are told to put our trust in God, right? The bible even says man will fail us but God will not. If I go to a psychic or fortune teller who am I relying on? God or something else?
When I pray to God I don't go through someone I pray directly to Him. Christianity is about our personal relationship with God. Using other sources to "contact" another realm is taking away from God.
Theres also much disagreement on whether God uses man to perform miracles, heal the sick, cast out demons ect. While I believe those thing happened at one time I do understand scripture to say that those things will cease. I feel they have ceased or at least "died out". MANY here disagree with me on this which is their choice. I'm just trying to let you know my take on it.

Sep 10, 2013
Um. Yeah! What's your benchmark!

We haven't got to the bottom of this yet. Lol.

How is it ok to believe in a taking snake but not a poltergeist? How can a talking donkey be believable but not a psychic?

Your willing to believe in supernatural forces, but how do you filter out the rubbish? Lol

You won`t understand the Bible if you stick only to its litteral level. The fathers of my church said that there are four keys in which the biblical text can be understood:
1. a literral/historical one
2. an allegorical or typological one
3. a moral one
4. and an "anagogic" or mystical one.

D

danschance

You won`t understand the Bible if you stick only to its litteral level. The fathers of my church said that there are four keys in which the biblical text can be understood:
1. a literral/historical one
2. an allegorical or typological one
3. a moral one
4. and an "anagogic" or mystical one.
What is an example of 4 above? I understand the first thre but not the last point.

May 15, 2013
What is an example of 4 above? I understand the first thre but not the last point.
I believe he referring to this.

John 6:63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

Sep 10, 2013
Take for example the texts about Exodus from Egyptian slavery:

1. the "literal / historical" talks about the exodus of Israel from Egypt to the Promised Land;
2. the "allegorical" or "typological" uses images (eg, Moses and Joshua) as figures or 'types' which will be fulfilled in Christ and, later, in the mysteries of the Church;
3. the moral one compares the journey of Israel with the soul passing from death and sin to grace and the "newness of life" (Romans 6, 4)
4. "anagogic" or mystical: speaks about the journey of the believer toward eternal glory ("anagogic" means "to go up").

Sep 10, 2013

1. the "literal / historical" talks about the exodus of Israel from Egypt to the Promised Land;
2. the "allegorical" or "typological" uses images (eg, Moses and Joshua) as figures or 'types' which will be fulfilled in Christ and, later, in the mysteries of the Church;
3. the moral one compares the journey of Israel with the soul passing from death and sin to grace and the "newness of life" (Romans 6, 4)
4. "anagogic" or mystical: speaks about the journey of the believer toward eternal glory ("anagogic" means "to go up").
I want to add that for the second meaning (allegorical/typological one), in this particular example, the eastern orthodox church understands the manna that God sent to the people as the mystery of the Saint Eucharist (divine food).

Oct 16, 2013
For a man who is here on earth more phisicaly being then spiritual,spirit is captured in body,everything what God doing is mystical.How Vine and Bread becoming Body and Blood on Holy Eucharist?That is mystic.We do not know to explain.U see vine and bread,they have taste of vine and bread,but those are on mystical way of God turned two elements of Body and Blood of our Lord.And we eat His Body and Blood and He is in us.
That is one example what is mysticism,not magic.

T

Tintin

I would argue that the Exodus and Moses and Joshua etc. are all literal/historical and allegorical/typological, not just one or the other. Also, the enemy spoke through the serpent because God allowed it, same with Balaam's donkey (the latter obviously with more beneficial results).

Sep 10, 2013
I would argue that the Exodus and Moses and Joshua etc. are all literal/historical and allegorical/typological, not just one or the other. Also, the enemy spoke through the serpent because God allowed it, same with Balaam's donkey (the latter obviously with more beneficial results).
I don`t understand. You mean is not both of them or it`s both of them? Because, what I ment was that Exodus can be interpreted as both.

T

Tintin

I thought I made it quite plain. Yes, Exodus is to be interpreted as both. Just because the Bible has some fantastical stuff in it (miracles etc.) doesn't mean they're just stories to point to a higher truth.

Sep 10, 2013
I thought I made it quite plain. Yes, Exodus is to be interpreted as both. Just because the Bible has some fantastical stuff in it (miracles etc.) doesn't mean they're just stories to point to a higher truth.

Yes, I agree and sorry if sometimes I`m more slow in processing English structures.:p

T

Tintin

Oh, sorry. Now I feel bad. I apologise. I didn't realise English wasn't your native language.

O

overcomer2

Yes, I agree and sorry if sometimes I`m more slow in processing English structures.:p
I see your from Romania? HAve you heard of Demitri Dueterman?

Sep 10, 2013
No, overcomer2...i haven`t heard of him. I`m now googlin` this name.

Sep 10, 2013
No results on google about this man. Who is he?

C

CRC

“TO LIKE and dislike the same things, this is what makes a solid friendship,” said the Roman historian Sallust. Indeed, a friend is one with whom you have the most in common, a person you can trust. Likewise, God looks at us as friends and allows us to draw closer to him if we like and dislike the same things he does. This means that we are attracted to such qualities of God as love, peace, kindness, and goodness, and that we are making earnest efforts to imitate these traits in our life.—Galatians 5:22, 23.
To find out if certain supernatural activity is approved by God, we might first examine its fruitage. (Matthew 7:17, 18) Does it help us to develop appealing godly qualities? Examine the fruitage and you will know what type of tree it is, even if it is supernatural in appearance.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
There is power in the name of Jesus.
I have seen deliverance take place in real life on many occasions; sometimes it could look like a live horror movie minus the fear. Somehow when God is in the midst you are not afraid.
Its not in our best interest, do deny that these things exist. The do, but like the bible declare in word and in spirit, There is power in the name of Jesus. and in HIS name; they gotta go!

O

overcomer2

No results on google about this man. Who is he?
He was a man from Romania who was tortured for his faith. I probably have his named spelled wrong. Let me see if I can find it. Yes, found it Dumitru Duduman. He had many visions for America and the end time.