The Ten Commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tarzan

Some claim that they are christian but they go around judging others. Meaning, why do you walk around protesting homosexuality? Is that the only sin that exists? Not even close! Holding a sign and yelling hateful things at homosexuals is no way to show how christian you are. It's just a way to make the True Christians look bad so that people have an excuse to despise God. So therefore, your sin is not in admonishing, but in hateful attacking.

Some others claim that they are CHURCH LEADERS... pastors, elders, bishops, whatever you want to be called... WOW. Some of you claim to be church leaders and DON'T KNOW YOUR OWN BIBLES.
But actually, people, do not be fooled. Because they do know, but they choose to omit and ignore information of which the Holy Spirit has expressly convicted them. But they lead their congregations into sin because they preach how to live prosperously in this world instead of in the next.

And then some of you claim to be Christian, but really this is just a way for you to get at peoples' hearts and build yourselves up and have debates over what the Bible actually means and what it actually says... but if anyone cared enough to pay attention to what God is saying instead of whatever they WANT God to be saying (So as to justify whatever sins are still existing in our lives), then everyone would be OBEYING THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT. Yeah, society shuts us out on this day, I know. Society has made it practically impossible to be a true christian these days. Happiness is RARE. Comfort is RARE. JOY is ONLY in finally realizing that yes, God is truly on your side, and despite all His miracles working in your life, no, it still HURTS. Living in this cursed life that we've made it... and then turning to the Lord TRULY, oh, no, if you were true Christians there would not be so much jesting and toying around. There wouldn't be so much debating here, no, because the END IS NOT NIGH, IT IS HERE. IT IS NOW.

And so, is this truly a Christian chat website? I see that there is a cross in the center of the logo. REALLY? So the cross is descriptive of a Christian...yes, I know that everyone has associated these things, but do you really think that the one who died on the cross would like to stare at it all day? Do you notice in Revelation that the description of the New Jerusalem, as well as the earthly temple and sanctuary from the old testament, neither of these boast the symbol of a cross! IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, or FORM. Is Christ captured in the essence of two crossed lines? NO. Stop using that idol, and breaking the second commandment! Because that idol does not represent Christ, but the HOLY SPIRIT IS CHRIST'S REPRESENTATIVE ON EARTH -- and the Holy Spirit works through those who OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD and have the testimony of Jesus Christ the Lord, Son of God! Which statement cannot be made without the will of the Holy Spirit.

The testimony of Jesus Christ IS the spirit of prophecy. All these things are written. All of these things are written to keep us in line - and if we kept reading our Bibles instead of playing around, giving into marriage, drinking, partying, playing games, whatever it is that you do... And these dailies that you people are doing... what?? Really? You are going to only spend one entire day on one or two verses? Maybe more? Try a BOOK A DAY. Matthew - one day. "I work too much, I go to school, I have no time." But you have time to eat 3 full meals, if not more, a day, to watch your favorite tv shows, which are all sinful, and you have time to make friends at school, and you have time to take your breaks at work, or to smoke your cigarettes (Which I quit recently, I KNOW IT AIN'T EASY, but it is a SIN - by smoking you break the sixth commandment, Thou shalt not KILL) you have time to put on your make-up, which is vanity, you have time to organize your clothes or to make your beds, or to spend 5 minutes brushing your teeth, or clipping your nails, or doing your hair... you have time to do all these things - and for the sake of VANITY - YOU DO NOT READ GOD's WORD? You are HERE chatting on Christianchat.com! You say you don't have time? Well, those of you who read this, you are cut to the heart. GOOD.

Because if you are cut to the heart, then you are the good ones that God wants.

Those who are saved are those who obey the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ, which is the spirit of prophecy. Don't believe me? Just thought that it was by faith alone? Forgot when James said, "Faith without works is dead"? That "Just like a body without the spirit is dead, so is faith without works also dead". We don't obey the commandments to BE saved... we obey because we ARE saved. So DO IT. Because your fruits determine whether you will be saved. Remember... if being Christian is being a fig tree, that doesn't mean that all fig trees will be saved. Jesus walked up to a fig tree in hopes that He might eat one "haply". But there was no fruit. So HE WITHERED THE TREE. So will you fruitless Christians become. If your fruit is bad or non-existent, what purpose do you serve than to feed the everlasting fires which will burn to ashes all that is rotten in the earth, that it might be cleansed so His Physical Kingdom can touch down on this planet without the risk of being soiled by anything unclean!

I notice the women think that Paul was making a useless statement concerning women speaking in the churches - Yeah, nothing in the Bible is Useless. Why do you want to mute the word of God? Especially the New Covenant-- because we are under that covenant! Unless you think that God is not a God that is capable of giving us a Bible which we are able to read to understand Him better, which makes us better able to serve Him... if it weren't for the Bible, you wouldn't barely know God (Not for a lack of God showing us, because He has marked His territory all over nature and our minds and our hearts) but because of the stubborness and selfishness of our hearts and minds, we wouldn't know --- and yet, that same Bible which exposes us and convicts us and reminds us of God... you want to try to claim that the words that the BEST APOSTLE EVER spoke and wrote are words that are null and void? How dare you? Do you not know that people were healed by being touched by the tiniest portion of his shadow, and that people were healed by just being in his presence? God did STRANGE works through Paul, and yet, this is the apostle everyone is afraid to listen to? Yes, Jesus is so much greater, MUCH MUCH Greater - the Greatest! But Jesus Himself CHOSE PAUL to speak on His Behalf. And Jesus says, and it is written, "He who receives you also receives me, and he who receives me also receives the Father." So, women, please, I understand that men have a horrible tendency to use this to their advantage, but they will have to answer to GOD. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't obey also, just because the man is not doing His job. My wife puts the kitchen hand towel over her head when she prays. HOW amazing she is! She humbled herself enough where she doesn't need anything special, no special clothing, no hat... she accepts the kitchen hand towel as her covering when she prays, and if she begins to prophecy, she will surely then, too -- and only because she knew it is written in the Word of God (Although astonished at first, thinking this was a middle-eastern Muslim idea, but upon being educated, she saw the good in it and DOES IT). And my wife does not know that much about the Word. How great her humility and her faith! And I have not been easy on her, no. But I have never been unloyal to her. I love her and stay with her and she is my sister and I am her brother. IN CHRIST. If my wife can do it, then you women can do it. And FORGET the people who want to judge you for it. You have a God in Heaven to serve. Who is more powerful -- God or men and women? There are 7 billion men and women on the planet. IF all of them were given the ability to take turns throwing stones at your face, it wouldn't hurt as badly to have that happen to you as it would to have to suffer the guilt of admitting your sins before the Lord on the Day of Judgement and then watching the hellfire being cast down upon you and all the other wicked while staring at the Lord and His glorious city - watching the flames engulf you and the wicked, and the extreme, and yet, brief horrendous pain you feel while you stare upon that beautiful wonder of a city..............

or wait, you want to be in that city and not be one of those who has to suffer that scene?

THEN STOP LIVING IN APOSTASY.

For it is written, "Not everyone who says, "Lord, Lord" will enter into the kingdom of God".

To be Born-again is to REPENT of your ways and turn to the Lord. TO do this, you pray to the Lord Jesus Christ, admit that He is the Son of God and that He is the Lord of heaven and its host and earth and its people, alive and dead (Which IS the testimony of Jesus Christ, which IS the spirit of prophecy, which can only be admitted through the Holy Spirit, AS IT IS WRITTEN.) Ask forgiveness of your sins that you may be clean so that when you start walking from henceforth, you are walking anew, fresh, clean, and you have repented of your ways that you DIRTY not yourselves again (Which is almost inevitable for most of us, but only a few mistakes should really be allowable, because why should we take advantage of the Lord and His mercy? We should instead be spending time directing OTHERS TO HIS MERCY instead of wasting time being stuck in our own sins! REPENT! STOP SINNING!) And ask Him what you can do for Him! His first convictions for you are going to be the immediate remembrance and feeling of the most prominent sins that you KNOW you've been doing and HE will have you stop those immediately. It's a process... just like labor when giving birth to a newborn is... but a good newborn doesn't keep the labor lasting forever, for eventually the woman dies if the baby doesn't come out! But, let us be easy on our mother, the church of Jesus Christ, which is His Body, and let us be easy on her and make her labor less timely and allow ourselves to be fully born-again quickly so that she may give birth to others, lest we all become rotten in her womb. And then WALK ACCORDING TO HIS COMMANDMENTS -- which He gave to His first-borns thousands of years ago :

I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. (emphasis mine) And your crosses, christmas trees, and angel ornaments, and fish symbols and whatever else you have -- these are all GRAVEN IMAGES. He said DO NOT MAKE THEM. Do not SERVE THEM. Do not BOW to them. Nor Serve them. You're making Him jealous - especially since you think you are serving Him when you are serving Satan, the father of the lie, who has you believing that the cross IS JESUS CHRIST!

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

KEEP (In Exodus it says, "Remember") the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: But the SEVENTH DAY is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do ANY work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy STRANGER that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. And REMEMBER that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PREVIOUS COMMANDMENT. Read it over and over until you GET IT. Society's seventh day is saturday. In Genesis, God defines one day as an evening and a morning. Therefore, the seventh day starts at sundown on friday, and ends at sundown on saturday. People think this is the jewish sabbath -- but they are WRONG. This Sabbath was observed by non-jews, such as Adam and Eve, and in the beginning, GOD! After He finished His creation work! This sabbath was practiced by the apostles in the New Testament AFTER JESUS CHRIST HAD ALREADY RISEN. So if He nailed the law to the cross, then why is it that those who were filled with the Holy Spirit CONTINUED to observe the SEVENTH DAY sabbath. (And before you try, no, don't go to the seventh-day adventist church anymore, because they are in apostasy. They are becoming more catholic-like just like all the other protestant churches these days). Jesus Himself said, "I came not to destroy the law, but to fulfill it." The fulfilling of the law was the end of all the earthly temple and sanctuary statutes and ordinances that people were attempting to obey in an attempt to keep themselves cleansed that they may have an opportunity to live longer and also to participate in the resurrection. Remember, when Jesus arose from the dead, so also did all the godly prophets and saints that died before Jesus did. How is this possible if people were not somewhat justified by the law before hand? But the law is impossible for man to truly live by without the help of the Holy Spirit, so therefore these saints had been saved by grace because they understand as it is written in the OLD and NEW testaments that the fulfilling of the law is to "Love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." So, if Jesus says He came to fulfill the law, then what does that mean that He did?? HE LOVED GOD WITH ALL HIS HEART, WITH ALL HIS SOUL, AND WITH ALL HIS MIND. And then Jesus says, DO as I do. So therefore... what should we do?

The ten commandments are not part of the law that was nailed to the cross, or else it would now be spiritually okay to murder someone. No... the law that was nailed to the cross was the law of sacrifice and feasts. These things that jews performed in order to be cleansed according to the original workings of God, as only a symbol of things to come at the time. The purpose of Jesus being sacrificed was, 1, as proof that humanity CAN OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS with enough faith (And one who is fully aware of the extent of His actions has full faith, so therefore, Jesus Christ mastered the commandments that REPRESENT HIM - HE IS THE WORD, which is what the Commandments are!) and 2, so that we would be all, the entire world, be cleansed of our sins if we have faith and recognize that His blood does cleanse us (Remember when He healed people? He says, "according to your faith, let it be done unto you." So, therefore, His blood does not cleanse us if we do not have faith, which is proven by our actions (to God, not to men), that His blood truly does cleanse us!) So now we have liberty to go about our days glorifying God and obeying His commandments by loving Him and all those around us instead of wasting our days slaughtering cattle and birds because we slipped up and cursed!
Which we wouldn't slip up if we bridled our tongue, which is only possible if we allow the Holy Spirit to intercede for us and slice up the evils of the mind before they reach the tongue.

So, KEEP THE SABBATH HOLY. Work on Sunday, or the first day, like Paul commands. Take care of your personal affairs on that day instead. Rest and praise the Lord on Saturday.

Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. Some say that this commandment is a part of the six accompanied with others that refer to our neighbors, but I think not. This commandment is ABOUT OBEYING THE LORD. Because who is our Father? Yes, our earthly parents should be honoured, without question. But in this society, we are forced to forget about our families which might hate us so that we may love God, the Father, so that HE might be well with us. We can only honour our earthly families as much as they are honourable. As children, we obey. As adults, we help them when they need us, but we also admonish them in their ways as well, and bring them to the Lord if they are not - whether they like it or not, because we are LISTENING TO OUR FATHER WHO HAS BEEN OUR FATHER LONGER THAN THEIR GRANDPARENTS' GRANDPARENTS have been around and longer! And of course, our mother is the church, the Body of Christ. Just like, in a good family, honouring the mother is ALSO honouring the father, so it is also the same with the Body of Christ. IF you honour the church, you also honour the Father. As LONG as you are honouring the true and only true church of Jesus Christ and not all the man-made organizations (One of which is an organization CLAIMING the name "Church of Christ" or "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints", etc...)

Thou shalt not kill. (everyone knows. But this also means not to kill ourselves. Meaning, no eating and drinking anything bad for us. No tobacco use. No huge amounts of caffeine. Abstain from alcohol and blood. Don't carry hate in your mind or heart for someone else, to the point that you want to hurt them. This is the spirit of murder. Don't harbor hate for anyone, for this is murder in the heart. Just like Jesus said adultery is committed in the heart, so is ANY SIN. Now let us marvel for how hard it is to get into the KINGDOM OF GOD! Oh but it is by the grace of The Lord that we are allowed in!)

Neither shalt thou commit adultery. (Jesus says, even looking in lust... this is adultery. And stop wearing the pagan wedding bands. What's the point? No one in this society cares if you're married anyway. In fact, without a wedding band, people are more likely to avoid you, thinking you're poor or single - and either way, you've got baggage they don't want. Go FIGURE for a disgusting society like the one in which we live, eh?)

Neither shalt thou steal. ---anything.

Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbor. (If you lie about someone else, then Jesus will tell the TRUTH about you to the Father.)

Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet they neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added NO MORE. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me. -----Moses, filled with the Holy Spirit, declaring the commandments of the LORD. Deuteronomy 5:6-22.

PSALMS 19:7 - The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

REVELATION 19:10 - And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Notice the latter quote is from REVELATION, the last book in the NEW TESTAMENT which is the testimony of the NEW COVENANT which the Lord made with US.

Blessed be the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit -- Glory, Glory, Glory, forever and ever. Amen.