The Testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
The Testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy; this is the Faith that is available to all through the Gospel.

First let’s take a look at the word prophesy. In the Hebrew one word it is translated from is the word naba. It simply means to speak or sing by inspiration (in prediction or simple discourse). In oldest forms it was thought of as a religious ecstasy, with or without song and music. Later in the word’s etymology it was understood as essentially religious instruction, with occasional prediction.

Another Hebrew word that prophecy was translated from is nataph. It means to drip; to ooze, i.e. distil gradually; by implication, to fall in drops; figuratively, to speak by inspiration.

Here is how the word Naba is defined in Jeff A. Benner’s “Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible”. Please forgive me I can not seem to get the Hebrew pictographs to copy here. They copy as English letters and symbols. The information that is needed is there though so please digest.

Bn% (Bn% NB) ac: Flourish co: Fruit ab: Prophecy: The pictograph n is a picture of a seed, the b is a picture of a tent or house representing what is inside. Combined these mean "seed inside". A fruit hides the seeds inside it.

Abn% (Abn% NBA) ac: ? co: Prophet ab: Prophecy: A fruit produced from the inside of man. A knowledge of something that is not known by the five senses.

Aibn% (Aibn% N-BYA) - Prophet: One who brings forth the inner fruit. [Hebrew and Aramaic] [freq. 320] |kjv: prophet, prophecy…

So a prophet is one who is caught up in religious ecstasy; zeal. Speaking through the seed that has been planted in them; the Holy Spirit, the Inner fruit. They cannot help themselves, it is who they are, their cup runneth over; words of inspiration, Divine instruction oozing about and through them. For we are the Temple of God, the Body of Christ. It is God that worketh in us both to will and do His good pleasure through his indwelling Spirit. Christ in you the hope of Glory.

Ecstasy; Enter into The joy of the Lord. Be zealous, on fire, boiling over, oozing with good works through love. For he is love. And, "As He is so are we in this world."

Let us now take a look at the Written Word. Revelation and the Gift of the Gospel.....

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev 12:17

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Rev 14:12

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10

We keep the commandments of God through the faith in which we have, which is the Faith in which he has. That GOD through us does HIS will. This is our and HIS testimony, the witness of Jesus through God's indwelling Spirit; the Spirit of prophecy.

For we and our Father Yahovah GOD are one through the Body of Christ, the Temple of God. It is he that worketh in us both to will and do His good pleasure. He doeth the work and will lead us into all truth. This is the Spirit of Prophesy working in and through us. This what we keep and We Guard with our very lives.

This is the Gospel; This is why John and Paul through the Holy Spirit shared this.

But ye have an unction (Anointing in the Greek) from the Holy One, and ye know all things. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John 2:20, 26-27; Rom 1:17

And why Jeremiah, Moses and Paul prophesied.

Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ,the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments down from above: ) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ; the Word, the commandments manifested in the flesh, Our flesh) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, in thy heart, and in thy hand: that we may do it; this is, THE WORD OF FAITH IN WHICH WE PREACH.

And that is the Gospel, the Kingdom of GOD within you. For GOD hath said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." And HE shall be our GOD and we shall be HIS people, for it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Christ (the Word, His Commandments, GOD's will ) in you the hope of Glory

Romans 10:6-8 and Deut. 30:11-14 are speaking the same premise as of that which is found in Hebrews 8:10,11 and Jeremiah 31:33. It is just worded different. The Gospel, the New Covenant theme is interwoven throughout the Holy Writ; written various ways.

His Spirit, the Spirit of truth, will guide us into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew us things to come. John 16:13

Each and every believer through the Faith that is through the Gospel of God have a direct link with the Father through His Christ and can and will prophesy through Word or action through GOD's Spirit. IT IS HOW WE EXIST AS CHRISTIANS. For it is certain in him we live, and move, and have our being. This is the Faith which is the testimony of Jesus; the Spirit of Prophecy in which we keep. For we as the Body of Christ proclaim, “My FATHER in me; HE doeth the works" And GREATER WORKS THAN THESE SHALL WE DO BECAUSE HE WENT TO THE FATHER. (Acts 17:28; John 14:10)

Not because of what we do but because of who He is. For we are dead nevertheless we live. Yet Not us but Christ liveth in us. The life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the son of God. For it is God that worketh in us both to will and do His good pleasure.

This is the GOSPEL and how HE taketh away the sins of this world. This is the Faith in which we speak; the Testimony of Jesus, Spirit of Prophecy.

A new heart, new mind, new mouth, equals new words. Hence we can not help ourselves, for out of the abundance of our hearts through the Gospel the mouth speaketh.

And He has said," For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist."

Matt 12:34; Luke 21:15

We are a New Creature. Old things have past away; behold all things are new and of God who hath given us the ministry of reconciliation.

It is who we are or who we can become in Christ Jesus. Not us but Christ in us, the hope of Glory.

The end time people will keep the commandments of God and have the Faith, the Testimony of Jesus Christ, which is the Spirit of Prophecy.

As John and Peter professed so do we. Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

A true Christian's heart and mind is transformed. Our words and actions will declare it through the Spirit that lives within. For God would that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them! Num 11:29

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of Faith. The true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

All flesh has had and will continue to have His Spirit poured upon them until that great and dreadful day. Thankfully the Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance; Faith. So come and enter into the joy of the LORD.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance; Faith? For it is God which worketh in us both to will and to do of his good pleasure. That our ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Every good giving, and every perfect gift, is, from above, coming down from the Father of lights—with whom is no alternation, nor shadow cast, by turning. That we may be the children of our Father which is in heaven: for He maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. So that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that we are without excuse: For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are themselves the law: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another. (Rom 12:3; Joh 1:9; Mat 5:45; Php 2:13; Rom 2:4; Is 30:21; Jas 1:17; 2Pe 3:9; Rom 1:19-20,

Jun 23, 2018
Brother, (I hope you are a man) Lightbearer, I have to ask : Do you know Hebrew language and the history of Hebrew people ?
To be at your knowledge, in Hebrew language NEVER existed the words "naba" and "nataph", and neither exist.
It is true, Abraham was Hebrew because he was from the Hebrew people, namely from Schitians
Abraham, Issac, Jacob (Israel) and his descendents spoke Hebrew till they entered in slavery.
Abraham alone spoke over 64 languages of that time.
Now, we know the descendents of Jacob (Israel) was in slavery for 300 years. In that period of 300 years was permitted to them to speak Hebrew OR the was forced to speak only the Egyptian language of that time ?

What is your answer ?

Let to see. The Black American people speak today the same language what their ancestors spoke when was on ship from Africa to American continent ? - or the American natives (Indians) speak the same language like their ancestors that was upon this American continent before 1492 ?

If not, then why ?

The descendents of Jacob (Israel) in that period of 300 years WAS FORCED to speak ONLY the language that was in Egypt in that time.

Those people that you call "Jew" don't speak Hebrew. It is true, few of them know a dialect of Hebrew, but them don't know they speak a Hebrew dialect

It is true, the words"prophet" and " prophesy" come from Hebrew language.

Then you wrote "And why Jeremiah, Moses and Paul prophesied."
Correct, Holy God prophesied through Moses and through Jeremiah, then Lord Christ prophesied through Paul.

Brother (if you are a man), for nothing call you self " Lightbearer" because in what you wrote I did not found any light , BUT I found only darkness.
Was better if you was studying the word "RACA" from Matthew 5:22, and to explain to your people it's meaning and why your former king and god did not translated correct in English.
Did you ever studied to find out ?

Then, who is your teacher ?

Did you ever studied Apocalypse 13:16-18 ? (you call wrong "revelation")

Remember, you LOVE those marks and you worship them every day of your life.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Brother, (I hope you are a man) Lightbearer, I have to ask : Do you know Hebrew language and the history of Hebrew people ?
To be at your knowledge, in Hebrew language NEVER existed the words "naba" and "nataph", and neither exist.
It is true, Abraham was Hebrew because he was from the Hebrew people, namely from Schitians
Abraham, Issac, Jacob (Israel) and his descendents spoke Hebrew till they entered in slavery.
Abraham alone spoke over 64 languages of that time.
Now, we know the descendents of Jacob (Israel) was in slavery for 300 years. In that period of 300 years was permitted to them to speak Hebrew OR the was forced to speak only the Egyptian language of that time ?

What is your answer ?
History and observation. Egyptian hieroglyphics and the earliest Ancient Hebrew writings we have are not even remotely similar.

The descendents of Jacob (Israel) in that period of 300 years WAS FORCED to speak ONLY the language that was in Egypt in that time.
Hebrew is a dialect with Semitic origins not Egyptian.
Archaeological finds and philological studies prove this.

Joseph's family was quite large and when they came into Egypt they were not slaves. No one knows how long it took for them to come to a point to which they became indentured. We can hypothesis that when they spoke and wrote amoung themselves during the reign of Joseph and beyond they held to their native Semitic tongue. Obviously they had to learn Egyptian and might have been regulated later upon servitude to only speak Egyptian when serving their masters. But nothing in History proves what you surmise. As a matter of fact History proves different in this respect due to Archaeological finds and philological studies.

Then you wrote "And why Jeremiah, Moses and Paul prophesied."
Correct, Holy God prophesied through Moses and through Jeremiah, then Lord Christ prophesied through Paul.
Christ prophesied about Himself through GOD, that GOD doeth the work. So who prophesied through Paul?

Was better if you was studying the word "RACA" from Matthew 5:22, and to explain to your people it's meaning and why your former king and god did not translated correct in English.
Former king and god? Who is that? Raca was translated correctly in the KJV. It was translated raca.

Jun 23, 2018
Brother, (if you are a man) I am a descent of Abraham, through Issac, through Jacob, through one of Jacob's sons. 2000 years ago , my ancestor of that time was 2 years younger than Lord Christ. They played together, then when them became teenagers they became apprentice to Joseph the husband of Mary. After Joseph passed away Lord Christ took over the shop and my ancestor was employee. Then when Lord Christ started to do His work of prophesying, my ancestor thought He (Lord Christ) is out of His mind, because my ancestor was a Pharisee . Then when Lord Christ was on cross my ancestor was watching too, and after Lord Christ raise from the dead and appeared before His followers ( because Lord Christ appeared for many days) my ancestor became a follower of Lord Christ. Then my ancestor's descendents and many other Christians (few thousand )in 135 AD had to flee. They fled in Greece, and because the Romans was looking for them they had to across Black Sea where today is Georgia. Then they travelled on foot and after few years they stopped in West of Bielorus and east of Poland.

Then, what is your history ?

Ooooh! The grave yards never told to you ? You call it archeology..

Then tank to your father.